New Investor - Santa Rosa (Sonoma County), CA

New Investor - Santa Rosa (Sonoma County), CA

Gabe DuranPro Member
Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hi BP Community, long time lurker, first time poster here.  I've been listening to the podcasts, reading books and forum posts and I'm excited to begin my real estate investor journey.  My current investing interests include fix & flip and buy and hold rental investments.  In my real estate business I've come across a few wholesaling opportunities lately and would love to connect with other investors in Sonoma County.  Much thanks to the whole BP community for sharing their investing experiences.  What an incredible resource!

1Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Napa, CA · Member since 2018 · 112 posts · 77 votes
5y

@Gabe Duran Welcome! I too am a new investor and in the Napa area (just a rocks throw away from you) however I am not looking to invest here because it’s just way too pricy for me. Plus CA is definitely a tenant friendly state, which makes holding rentals a lot harder. My wife and I are planning an out of state investment strategy, just haven’t focused in on a market yet!

I also second the meet up app. The Sonoma investors do have a zoom meet up. I wasn’t able to make their last one but hopefully will make the next. Hope to see/hear you there!

-Ronnie

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Plano, TX · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 861 votes
    5y

    Glad you started posting, @Gabe Duran. Bets of luck on your real estate investing. 

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    5y

    Welcome aboard Gabe and good luck investing!

  • Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2020 · 45 posts · 17 votes
    5y

    Welcome to the community Gabe!

  • Gabe DuranPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Thanks for the warm welcome Marlen, Andrew and Bronson!  

  • Realtor · Santa Rosa · Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Gabe Duran I’m an investor in Santa Rosa. I’d be happy to connect. Good luck. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Rohnert Park, CA · Member since 2014 · 306 posts · 160 votes
    5y

    @Gabe Duran

    Welcome!

    Check out the MeetUp app to meet local investors too

    There is an investors group that meets in Petaluma ( zoom lately)

    It’s called Sonoma county real estate investors

  • Bukka LevyPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Petaluma, CA · Member since 2017 · 63 posts · 35 votes
    5y

    Hi Gabe, welcome to the family! 

  • Realtor · Napa, CA · Member since 2018 · 112 posts · 77 votes
    5y

    @Gabe Duran Welcome! I too am a new investor and in the Napa area (just a rocks throw away from you) however I am not looking to invest here because it’s just way too pricy for me. Plus CA is definitely a tenant friendly state, which makes holding rentals a lot harder. My wife and I are planning an out of state investment strategy, just haven’t focused in on a market yet!

    I also second the meet up app. The Sonoma investors do have a zoom meet up. I wasn’t able to make their last one but hopefully will make the next. Hope to see/hear you there!

    -Ronnie

  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    5y

    Thank you for introducing yourself. Happy to network and assist .

  • Specialist · New York City, NY · Member since 2019 · 399 posts · 168 votes
    5y

    @Gabe Duran

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! You came to the right place to learn more about real estate and connect with other motivated investors. BP is full of great content, so I strongly recommend you to have a look at the following resources:

    1. Start by reading the Ultimate Real Estate Investing Guide: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides/ultimate-real-estate-investing-guide/introduction

    2. Then check out other online guides available here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides

    3. Have a look at BP's blog where new articles are published every day: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog

    4. If you wish to network or ask specific questions about your local market, you can go to your local real estate forum and discuss with investors from your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/86-local-real-estate-networking

    5. Or you can directly meet them by registering to real estate events around you: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-and-happenings

    6. BP has various tools available to help you analyze your deals (rental, flips, wholesale, etc), feel free to use them: https://www.biggerpockets.com/investment-calculators

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.