new girl from New York City

new girl from New York City

Involved In Real Estate · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 2 votes

Hi all,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm an actress and real estate agent in NYC who's looking to begin an investing career. I started listening to BP podcasts in February and am very eager to get my foot in the door. I'm thinking about purchasing some single-family residences in Atlanta, where I'm from and where my family still resides. I also have exclusive rental listings in over 40 buildings from the UWS to Washington Heights so if you know anyone looking to rent you should definitely hit me up! Sorry, that may have been too sales-y for this forum discussion...Anyway, I'm mainly here to learn from others and welcome any and all advice. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Amanda

0Reply
20 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor / Agent · NY, NY · Member since 2009 · 97 posts · 20 votes
    13y

    Welcome to BP! I'm glad to see another strap hanger on BP. This is a great place to learn about any and everything under the sun! Feel free to send me a message if you are ever looking to network or if you have any properties for sale.

    Are you apart of any Meet up groups in the city?

  • Real Estate Lender · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 19 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    From a fellow NY'er, welcome. Good luck on your endeavors.

  • Anson YoungBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    13y

    Welcome!! Sounds like your plate is full!

  • Specialist · Orange County, CA · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 623 votes
    13y

    Hi Amanda Schmieder,

    Welcome to BiggerPockets!

    Are we talking about acting on Broadway here? I love Broadway. :-)

    Atlanta is a great market for investors. We have clients as far as Singapore focused on the metro because they know it will be a good long term investment for them. The only problem is it's getting a little harder to find the same deals as a year ago.

    Anyway, jump into the forums and ask whatever want.

    Continued success!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome Amanda Schmieder! Great to have you here! Be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts for some of the topics you are knowledgeable about, or other topics that interest you (like wholesale, Atlanta, Rehab, etc ) so you'll be notified that those words were mentioned in the forums and can jump into those conversations! It's also an awesome way to meet new people from your area when they introduce themselves to this forum!

  • Involved In Real Estate · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hey Amanda! Where are you from in Atlanta? I'm from there as well, only left about 3 years ago for LA, and most of my investment properties are there. It's a really tough market now but there are still deals there, although I wouldn't count on them being there for much longer. Inventory is nasty thin.

    I've met quite a few folks from NY and NJ trying to invest out of state and I live in LA so I of course only invest out of state too. If you want some inside scoop into who the goods and the bads are of Atlanta, I can definitely give you my opinion (offline from here of course).

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.