Looking to build a Mastermind Group in Maine

Looking to build a Mastermind Group in Maine

Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 7 votes

Hey Mainers, 

I am new to the Biggerpockets forum, but not podcast or books. I have been procrastinating about joining and starting to create transformational relationships with others, that are looking to build an investment portfolio. I am owner a handyman services company that has done really well since I launched it 2019. I am looking to connect and build a Mastermind Group that will benefit it's members. I am located in Augusta, Maine and am willing to meet or talk.

I have a lot of how's and I believe there are others out there that are looking for the who's to their how's. Let me know if you want to connect. I look forward to hearing from you.

4Reply
150 views

Most Popular Reply

Portland, ME · Member since 2012 · 616 posts · 550 votes
5y

There are several landlord associations across Maine. Greater Bangor, Central Maine (Waterville), Augusta, Southern Maine, and Lewiston Auburn are the ones I've been involved with. Lewiston Auburn is looking for a part time executive director to guide us into the 21st century. Yes, we are a bit late! The pay is minimal and it involves doing paperwork, but what a great opportunity to network for an ambitious agent or investor! 

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bethany TuronPro Member
    Property Manager · Durham, ME · Member since 2019 · 179 posts · 102 votes
    5y

    @Amy A. I would be interested in the PT role for the L/A group! Send me a message if you think it may be a fit.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    I would be interested in attending the Zoom meeting and in personally meeting with anyone in the Fairfield/Waterville area. (While practicing state mandated social distancing protocols of course.) I am in the process of rehabbing to SFH's in Fairfield and would love to meet with some one esle doing the same.

    Also, if any one is interested in a real estate book written specifically for investing in Central Maine, I would recommend Ken Lavoie's "Real Estate Rebel".  Ken has a portfolio of mostly multi-family homes in the Waterville area and has been a contributor here on BP. It was interesting to read a book about investing in Central Maine as opposed to something written about investing in areas that have little in common with our area. 

  • Vassalboro, ME · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    I'm in too. 

    @Brian A. McNab - I'm in Wtvl / Wins / Oakland. Into duplexes. Ken has been a bit of a mentor for me. Great guy.

    We have a pretty good group in Wtvl that gets together monthly. Kind of a sub-group of Central Maine Apartment Owners Association.

  • Specialist · Milford, ME · Member since 2016 · 630 posts · 378 votes
    5y

    Not Saturday best for me after dark but I may be able to rearrange things.

  • Specialist · Milford, ME · Member since 2016 · 630 posts · 378 votes
    5y

    @Kyle Black sorry couldn’t figure out how to reply to your message so see above

  • Rental Property Investor · Winslow, ME · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    I also would be interested in a meeting on Saturday.

  • Portland Maine · Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    I also would be interested in the zoom meeting.

    I can do either day.

    I own a 3 unit in Portland & would like to participate.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Auburn · Member since 2019 · 48 posts · 17 votes
    5y

    I would also be interested in joining for a zoom meeting.  I realize that I might have missed the 1st one, with the holidays and things around I am a little late.    We live in Auburn,started end of 2019 and have 9 doors in the areas of Rumford and Livermore Falls.  Looking to expand and would love to get to know the real estate community. 

    Andy V 

  • Member since 2020 · 12 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Did this ever take place? Just finding it now and would be interested in joining a Zoom call. Currently have 4 doors scattered around the state and honing in on Waterville for the next purchase but don't know any investors in the area.

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Brendan McSweeney:

    Hi Kyle,

    I'd be interested in joining in. I'm a small-time landlord down in Biddeford, currently looking to expand. Feel free to message me for my email.

    Brendan


    If you’re looking to do business with a proud boy, white supremacist, Brendan is the boy for you!

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Kyle Black

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    This is a great place to network.

    If you are looking to connect with other members near you, or want to learn from people in a specific area you’d like to invest in, or have a desire to find people interested in certain topics, you could use the search feature here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.