"New" member from Catonsville, Maryland

"New" member from Catonsville, Maryland

Hagerstown, MD · Member since 2011 · 17 posts · 1 vote

My name is Cliff Goodrich from Catonsville, Md. and have been an actual member of BiggerPockets for nearly 2 years but am just getting to an official introduction.
I have been "getting educated" in RE investing for a few years now, including all the resources BP has to offer, but have yet to make my first offer. I am stuck in "analysis paralysis" mode and am tired of it. I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Am just beginning a business plan so when I nail down an actual plan-of-action, you will most likely be seeing many more posts from me with a lot of questions.

I will be attending my first Baltimore-Washington Investors Meetup meeting on 6/12 and look forward to meeting some of the people whose posts I've been reading here on BiggerPockets.

0Reply
58 views

19 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Jessup, MD · Member since 2013 · 437 posts · 180 votes
    13y

    Cliff Goodrich. Welcome to the forum. I am new here and the information is priceless. I wish you the best of luck. If I know anything, it is that a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Keep moving forward and you will make the right deal at the right time! Best of luck to you!

  • Silver Spring, MD · Member since 2013 · 42 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    Welcome to BP Cliff Goodrich. I'm new too and also plan to attend the BWI Meet on 6/12. Its good too see that even though you have been stuck in 'analysis paralysis' you are ready to make a move. Good luck!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hey Cliff Goodrich glad to have you! What kind of investing do you wanna get into? And yes- feel free to ask all the questions you can!

  • Occoquan, VA · Member since 2013 · 39 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    Hiya, Cliff Goodrich! Glad to hear you are ready to get the ball rolling. I'm in the same boat. I spent about a year getting educated and am now actively researching my first deal. It's really liberating once one foot falls in front of the other and progress starts happening!

  • Investor · Lakewood Ranch F · Member since 2013 · 79 posts · 11 votes
    13y

    Hello Cliff Goodrich, welcome and good luck...

  • Hagerstown, MD · Member since 2011 · 17 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    Thanks to all for the welcome! And to Brandon, my ultimate goal is to acquire a portfolio of cashflowing properties, and along the way using wholesaling and flipping to build up investment capital.

  • Chris K.Pro Member
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    13y

    Cliff Goodrich Michael Rious Can you give me more info on the BWI meetup that you guys are referring to. I can't make the 6/12 but I'd like to attend one once I get the chance. Is there a cost??

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome to BP Nation Cliff.

  • Silver Spring, MD · Member since 2013 · 42 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    Hey Chris K. search online for Baltimore Washington Investors Meetup.

  • Hagerstown, MD · Member since 2011 · 17 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    Thanks Will Barnard!

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    13y

    Cliff Goodrich Welcome to BP.

    Chris G, Michael Rious & Chris K. I just got word the BWI Meetup this week is canceled. Multiple issues that could not be overcome were the cause.

    However If we can get organized fast enough perhaps some of us can just get together at the same time to network.

    Chris K yes the group is free- and it is a very good group.

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    13y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets Cliff Goodrich.

    You will find that all the research you've done will all of a sudden come in to play once you get your first deal under your belt. Something changed when I made my first deal and now I am MUCH more confident with all the things I've learned.

    I strongly urge you to make the push and get into an investment. Post it in the deal analysis forum so some of the more seasoned investors can give you their two cents. If you don't feel comfortable moving forward after that, you probably never will!

    I'm looking forward to watching you grow as an investor, but that's up to you! Good luck!

  • Hagerstown, MD · Member since 2011 · 17 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    Mehran Kamari

    Thanks for the encouraging words! I believe, also, that once I execute one successful deal that the process will become more and more familiar and so on with each deal.

  • Investor · DMV Maryland · Member since 2013 · 867 posts · 370 votes
    13y

    @NedCarey - if you manage to put something together in the same general area (Columbia-ish) for tomorrow ill be there, may be more towards the 7 pm side but ill come. Please just let me know. thanks!

  • Investor · DMV Maryland · Member since 2013 · 867 posts · 370 votes
    13y

    Ned Carey
    @NedCarey - if you manage to put something together in the same general area (Columbia-ish) for tomorrow ill be there, may be more towards the 7 pm side but ill come. Please just let me know. thanks!

  • Silver Spring, MD · Member since 2013 · 42 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    @ned carey (apparently mentions don't work on the mobile version.) i would love to get together and meet. I was going to post an offer to meet tomorrow anyway b/c this is the second meet I was not able to attend for one reason or another. I work in Annapolis, so thats the direction I'll be coming from. Anytime works for me, but I prefer earlier.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    Cliff - Welcome to the site and don't hesitate to ask us how we can help you get your plan together. Good luck and we'll be here to support you as you move forward.

    Michael Rious - It doesn't work on the web version of the site on an iPhone, but will when the impending iPhone app is released.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    13y

    Cliff Goodrich, Christina R. Michael Rious I plan on shoeing up tonight at 6:30 for the BWI Meetup anyway. I am sure some people will not have gotten the message and will show up also. We can hang out there if they will let us or go get a beer somewhere nearby. - Ned

  • Silver Spring, MD · Member since 2013 · 42 posts · 5 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Ned Carey:
    Cliff Goodrich, Christina R. Michael Rious I plan on shoeing up tonight at 6:30 for the BWI Meetup anyway. I am sure some people will not have gotten the message and will show up also. We can hang out there if they will let us or go get a beer somewhere nearby. - Ned

    Thanks for everything Ned! Your hospitality was more than generous.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.