Rookie Investor Starting in Orlando Florida

Rookie Investor Starting in Orlando Florida

Orlando, FL · Member since 2021 · 1 post · 3 votes

Hi guys! My name is Brenden Vaughan, I just moved to the Orlando area in January for a new job as a sales territory manager. I'm looking to start investing in real estate and was wondering if there were anyone from the area that would like to connect to talk about their experience with real estate investing in the local market? Super interested in learning of all facets of the business. Thanks a bunch. 

3Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Member since 2021 · 277 posts · 150 votes
5y

Hi @Brenden Vaughan

I would recommend purchasing a multi-family property with an FHA loan to get started. Buy a 2-4 unit, put down 3.5%, live in one unit and collect rents from the other units. It is the best way to get started in real estate. Please let me know if you have any questions!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2021 · 108 posts · 68 votes
    5y

    Hey Brotha,

    I am right there with ya, good luck on your search. Following!

  • Realtor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2021 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Hey Brenden hope all is well! I would be happy to speak with you about investment property feel free to DM me with any questions you might have. Or if you like to meet I would be happy to show you a cash flow sheet I have to get you into the right investment! 

  • Lender · Member since 2021 · 277 posts · 150 votes
    5y

    Hi @Brenden Vaughan

    I would recommend purchasing a multi-family property with an FHA loan to get started. Buy a 2-4 unit, put down 3.5%, live in one unit and collect rents from the other units. It is the best way to get started in real estate. Please let me know if you have any questions!

  • Shawn McCormickPro Member
    Realtor · Central Florida-Orlando · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 892 votes
    5y

    Hi @Brenden Vaughan Welcome to Orlando and BP! I live in Clermont, but always on the road all over Orlando, happy to grab a coffee or something sometime to talk about your investing goals, the local market and help you get going.

    A good place I always suggest to get started is by joining CFRI, the local chapter of the National REIA. A great place to network, meet people that are actually investing in the area and are always very helpful with insight, knowledge and resources.

    Reach out anytime, good luck!

  • Property Manager · Orlando, FL · Member since 2020 · 200 posts · 194 votes
    5y

    Hi @Brenden Vaughan, I agree with Shawn! A great way to get started is join most of these groups. I was in a position very similar to yours not too far ago. All groups were helpful but what truly helped me the most was a quick 1-2-1 coffee or lunch meetings with local investors. You can learn so much in just an hour about people's thoughts and principles about real estate investing, the moves they made when they were in your position and their criteria.

    I was lucky to receive great advice when I needed it and I'm happy to pass it down. Let me know if you want to meet and chat!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    @Brenden Vaughan

    Welcome to BP! You have found the right place for a plethora of information on REI.

    Read Beginner’s Guide to help you get started: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    Best of luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.