New to BP: Networking Opportunities in Spokane & CDA Area?

New to BP: Networking Opportunities in Spokane & CDA Area?

New to Real Estate · WA · Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes

Hello! I have been following the BP community for awhile now and finally pulled the trigger on joining and writing my first post! I recently (about a year ago) re-located to Spokane WA from Minnesota; I rented my first year, than I purchased my first SFH house hack property earlier this year. Really, the area is breathtaking and has been an amazing place to live!

Professionally, I work in Warehouse Operations for the last 2.5 years and was initially the primary reason for moving into the area. In my career I have always enjoyed developing people, learning and asking questions, and ultimately driving results. I'd hope to get to point where I can teach others in REI. I don't have much of a network, and have scrubbed through most of the forums related to this region on this site. I would like to learn how to scale through observing/communicating with others personally. Looking forward to this post getting to the right connections!

*Last Name is pronounced: T-ow! S-ow! Ch-I. **Pronounce Ow! Like "Ow, that hurt".

Commonly asked question, and for laughs. Hope to talk soon! Thank you!

2Reply
24 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Spokane · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Welcome! Fellow Spokane newbie! 

  • New to Real Estate · WA · Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Shelli Nemec:

    Welcome! Fellow Spokane newbie! 

     Thank you Shelli for the warm welcome! 

  • Investor · Spokane WA · Member since 2015 · 88 posts · 49 votes
    5y

    Welcome to Spokane! Things are changing fast, but if you put in the work to find a good deal it'll definitely pay off :)

  • New to Real Estate · WA · Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jonathan McKay:

    Welcome to Spokane! Things are changing fast, but if you put in the work to find a good deal it'll definitely pay off :)

    Thank you Jonathan! 
    I am definitely willing to put in the work, and really look forward to closing on a second investment when something shows itself. Would enjoy learning more about your investment story, and how you've managed to continue growing in REI.

    Best, 

    Christian T

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Hi Christian, welcome to the community! There is a great group of members on here to connect with.

  • Chad RockeBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 383 posts · 181 votes
    5y

    Hey @Christian Thaoxaochay

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! You have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. You can literally find answers to all of your questions within the confines of this site. What’s the best way to get started using BiggerPockets?

    1.Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

    2.Attend the FREE WEBINARS

    3.Attend a Meetup in Your Area / Virtual Meetups

    4.Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

    5.Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions! If you are consistent with learning real estate over the next 4-6 months, you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

    Good luck,

  • New to Real Estate · WA · Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Chad Rocke:

    Hey @Christian Thaoxaochay

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! You have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. You can literally find answers to all of your questions within the confines of this site. What’s the best way to get started using BiggerPockets?

    1.Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

    2.Attend the FREE WEBINARS

    3.Attend a Meetup in Your Area / Virtual Meetups

    4.Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

    5.Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions! If you are consistent with learning real estate over the next 4-6 months, you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

    Good luck,

    This is great information. Thank you Chad for sharing! 

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    @Christian Thaoxaochay

    Welcome to the BP family! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website!

    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    Wishing you the best!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.