Newbie Investor Looking To Make Meaningful Connections

Newbie Investor Looking To Make Meaningful Connections

Member since 2020 · 1 post · 3 votes

My name is Stephen and I am a complete newbie! In full transparency, I have zero real estate experience however would love to meet others who could use some extra help.

Diving right in, I am looking for individuals who could use a helping hand on weeknights & weekends. I currently have a 9-5 (looking to change that =)) but am to volunteer my free time in exchange for exposure to the world of real estate investing. I am open to lending a hand however I can whether that be analyzing deals, optimizing marketing campaigns, ripping out dry wall, picking up 4x4s from Home Depot…you name it!

A little bit about me…

I have lived in The Bronx, NY since 2000 with dreams owning an apartment in Manhattan (Still dreaming...). After graduating Manhattan College in 2013 with a degree in Accounting (I do not have my CPA), I started an internship at a NYC based digital advertising tech company. I immediately knew this was what I wanted to do for the next 5-10 years and now 9 years later, I am an Associate Director at a Tribeca based Ad Agency and lead a team of five individuals.

My expertise lies in managing programmatic campaigns for numerous CPG and entertainment clients. For the last two years, I have led the planning and activation of over 100+ digital campaigns with goals varying from driving site traffic/conversions to general brand awareness with popular digital platforms such as The Trade Desk and Google’s DV360 & Youtube. As a side gig, I built and currently manage a local Long Island safety equipment company’s website via Shopify and SEO campaigns via Google Ads. (https://grockhandcovers.com - check it out!) Both my full time job and side gig require story telling with large data sets, I have a vast understanding of excel so would be more than happy to help with data analysis and can show you a neat shortcut or two!

In regards to hobbies, I love to live an active lifestyle. If I am not optimizing campaigns, I am at the gym, doing yoga or trying to high five everyone on a Peloton. I also love to read - mainly self improvement/mindset type books so if you have any recommendations let me know!

Anyway as mentioned above, I am looking to volunteer my spare time in hopes of learning a thing or two about the real estate space to see if it is a path that I really want to invest time and money on (without blindly purchasing a property and learning the hard way). Please feel free to message me on BP at any time and looking forward to making a few friends at the very least!

3Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Julio GonzalezPro Member
Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y

This is a great place to learn more about real estate, Stephen! Welcome to BiggerPockets! 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    This is a great place to learn more about real estate, Stephen! Welcome to BiggerPockets! 

  • Real Estate Broker · Forney, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 399 votes
    5y

    @Stephen Jensen, thank you for sharing your story! Wishing you success! 

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Stephen Jensen

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    You’ll find plenty of friendly, knowledgeable people willing to respond to your posts.

    If you are looking to connect with other members near you, or want to learn from people in a specific area you’d like to invest in, or have a desire to find people interested in certain topics, you could use the search feature here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    I really like the alerts feature that can quickly guide you to current topics that may be of interest: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

  • Dan GuentherBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Longmont, CO · Member since 2019 · 548 posts · 271 votes
    5y

    @Stephen Jensen

    Welcome to the community! I love the enthusiasm and drive you have going here. I'm always looking to connect with investors and provide any help that I can. Feel free to reach out and I'd love to share some knowledge with you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.