Lender · New York, NY · Member since 2026 · 70 posts · 22 votes
Question for the group!
This year I decided to start an online store powered by shopify. I'm teaching my daughter how to be an entrepreneur, work from home, and control her own destiny!
-I took the time to complete the pages and the online store build.
-I loaded many pages with over 200 niche items for sale
-I created 4-5 social media pages as a 'backbone" for content and advertisements
-I set up our back-end distribution, incorporated, and the store flows properly.
Do any of you have any experience or can make a recommendation on which 'expert' to hire?
In real estate, you hire a "GC" to help launch your real estate project, we're looking for the equivalent.
My goal is to increase our KPI and use some really basic tools to increase our bottom line.
Do you guys feel comfortable with VA's or do you think a us based company would provide more value?
Investor · Asheville North Carolina · Member since 2025 · 5 posts · 0 votes
16h
I'd probably look for a fractional COO, operations consultant, or business process consultant rather than a traditional "coach."
To me, the biggest question with VAs is whether the systems are already built. If you already know exactly what needs to be done and can document it with SOPs, a good VA can be incredibly valuable for repetitive admin, follow-up, data entry, reporting, scheduling, etc.
But if you’re trying to figure out what the KPIs should be, where money is leaking, what processes need to change, and how the business should actually run, I’d probably start with someone US-based who has real operations experience. Let them help build the systems first, then use VAs to execute the repeatable pieces.
That hybrid approach seems like the best value to me: higher-level expertise to design the machine, lower-cost help to keep it running.