What's your day job?

What's your day job?

Real Estate Agent · Yuma, AZ · Member since 2015 · 56 posts · 16 votes

I am curious to see what most of my fellow BPers do for their main stream of income, I personally work as an RV sales Consultant and do real estate part time as the opportunities arise.

1Reply
84 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
10y

People ask me this question at the meetup and REIA all the time. To be honest, I didn't know what to tell them. I haven't had a job for almost 6.5 years and not looking for one. I don't do real estate full-time. My goal is to have a lot of free time and build wealth for our family and future generation(s). I'm happy to help whoever I can along the way as my time is allowed.

If I had to pick an occupation, I'd say I'm a stay-at-home dad. I value my time with my daughter. I always get a giggle when people tell me they are a CEO, CFO, or President/Founder of some company.  :>)

See this reply in the discussion

85 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Shawn McenteerBusiness Member
    Realtor · Boonton Township, NJ · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Project manage and install flooring.  

    House Hacking New Jersey563 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Saint Louis Park, MN · Member since 2015 · 213 posts · 82 votes
    10y

    I work in education full time, working currently on adding a RE license in my home state of Minnesota. 

  • Investor · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2014 · 48 posts · 39 votes
    10y

    Find more deals

  • Investor · Springfield , OH · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 22 votes
    10y

    retired 

  • Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Software developer.
  • Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 597 votes
    10y

    Hard Money Lender, Landlord, Developer. Everyday is different. 

  • Insurance Agent · Appleton, WI · Member since 2012 · 42 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Insurance agent/broker

  • Investor · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    I am an Emergency Room RN and husband was a Carpenter.

  • Investor · Juneau, AK · Member since 2015 · 980 posts · 741 votes
    10y

    Neat topic....I teach at a college and write..

  • Property Manager · Oak Park, IL · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    My main job is Homecare/Community RN.

  • Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2014 · 174 posts · 51 votes
    10y

    Crane Operator

  • Investor · Canton, GA · Member since 2014 · 727 posts · 500 votes
    10y
    Former Registered Forester for over 20 years in the Forest Products industry. Now selling an non listed AG product for a multinational AG concern.
  • Investor · Tallahassee, FL · Member since 2013 · 77 posts · 24 votes
    10y
    Field service repair in healthcare. I install, maintain and repair MRI, cardiac cath labs x-Ray equipment
  • Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2015 · 177 posts · 54 votes
    10y

    Personal Banker

  • Nicole A.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Baltimore County Maryland and Tampa Florida · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Editor for various government agencies...currently DOE.

  • Real Estate Agent · Yuma, AZ · Member since 2015 · 56 posts · 16 votes
    10y

    wow, I was not expecting sich a wide range of professions!

  • Rental Property Investor · Mankato, MN · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    Mortgage Consultant

  • Rental Property Investor · Park Ridge, IL · Member since 2016 · 67 posts · 14 votes
    10y
    I work in Logistics for Pepsi. Also I do wedding and event photography. I also started a Tax prep business this year. And to add to that I also do Health insurance during the Obamacare enrollment period. Lots of different interest, but seasonal in nature...
  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    I rehab full time and occasionally represent buyers as a RE agent

  • Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2016 · 214 posts · 58 votes
    10y

    Catastrophe Insurance Adjuster, really helps with scoping what kind of money I need to put into a flip or small rehab!

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    People ask me this question at the meetup and REIA all the time. To be honest, I didn't know what to tell them. I haven't had a job for almost 6.5 years and not looking for one. I don't do real estate full-time. My goal is to have a lot of free time and build wealth for our family and future generation(s). I'm happy to help whoever I can along the way as my time is allowed.

    If I had to pick an occupation, I'd say I'm a stay-at-home dad. I value my time with my daughter. I always get a giggle when people tell me they are a CEO, CFO, or President/Founder of some company.  :>)

  • Investor · Minnetonka, MN · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 15 votes
    10y

    I own a lawn care landscaping company.  I have also had various paper routes for about 15 years.   I get agitated with a lot of the class warfare that goes on today.  People suggest they won't ever be rich.  If I can get my net worth into the top 10% nationally by mowing lawns and delivering newspapers I would think anyone could do it.  One time a girlfriend asked me if I would ever get a "real job".  The answer is apparently no.  Fortunately I have a great wife that is very supportive.  4 duplexes and one commercial building now.  I hope to significantly grow from here.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Westford, MA · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    I am a financial analyst for a SaaS company in Boston. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    @Ryan A.

    Which industry are you developing software for?

  • Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    My day job is at the University of Minnesota. But I also create websites and applications for property managers and home builders.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.