Sarah Palin Resigns as Governor

Sarah Palin Resigns as Governor

Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes

No not because she had an affair, but because she's focusing full time on a Presidential run in 2012. She's burned her ships. There's something you need to understand about a woman like Sarah. When a woman like her gets attacked, she doesn't cower in hurt. She gets motivated. You can't win giving a person like this negative energy. They only convert it to motivation and the more you attack, the more you support them.

Happy Fourth of July!

Tim

1
Topic locked
207 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
17y

I couldn't disagree more and I can't wait for the chance to see it. Obama is as big of a joke as this country has ever seen.

From bowing down to the saudi king, to declaring that we are "Not a Christian nation", to disarming our military, to not not doing ANYTHING about north korea etc.

This guy is more of a national security risk then Bin Laden because he is killing our country from the inside.

Jeff

3
Topic locked
See this reply in the discussion

269 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    17y

    IF my memory serves me correctly, with all the attacks on Sarah for her children's choices, I seem to remember the media taking the opposite view when the choices of the Clinton children were brought into question.

    My oh my how things seem to change depending upon who is for who.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    The media turns it head on anything a Liberal Democrat does. If one thing is certain next to Death and Taxes, it is the media having a double standard.

    I don't miss Clinton, I miss President Ronald Reagan.

    Carter gave us Reagan, hopefully Obama will give us Palin!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by jawsette:
    IF my memory serves me correctly, with all the attacks on Sarah for her children's choices, I seem to remember the media taking the opposite view when the choices of the Clinton children were brought into question.

    My oh my how things seem to change depending upon who is for who.

    How can you preach for abstinence when you cannot control your own home? It is setting up unrealistic moral restriction that put her in the limelight of hypocrisy.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    How can you preach for abstinence when you cannot control your own home? It is setting up unrealistic moral restriction that put her in the limelight of hypocrisy.


    When you see what the media is doing to her daughter - how can you NOT preach abstinence?!? And it is not morally unrealistic. It's really not even that hard if you maintain the right mindset. I remained abstinent until my first marriage and it's not a moral decision as much as it is a freaking smart decision considering the financial impact of kids and STDs. I know first hand I'm not the only investor who made that decision growing up. The real hypocrisy is people like Dave Letterman who ridiculed an 18 year old girl for being knocked up....when as a full grown man he refused for years to marry his baby mama and even had Madonna pressing him to "make an honest woman of her". When Madonna has the moral high ground on you, you got issues. They can't say anything about Sarah so they attack the daughter.

    This is the core, I believe, of why a lot of politicians simply hate Sarah Palin. She lives a life above reproach. She's never cheated on her taxes or her husband or her family. She's never gotten drunk and killed a passenger in her car driving off a bridge. She hasn't gotten caught in a prostitution ring. She hasn't been caught with a gay brothel running out of her home. She's decent and that decency exposes the indecency rampant in Washington and the lechers, frauds and liars there don't want her decency to expose their corrupt mindsets. That and she isn't afraid to take down corrupt people and have them sent to prison, even in her own party, and that SCARES THE HELL out of certain politicians.
    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    How can you preach for abstinence when you cannot control your own home? It is setting up unrealistic moral restriction that put her in the limelight of hypocrisy.


    When you see what the media is doing to her daughter - how can you NOT preach abstinence?!? And it is not morally unrealistic. I remained abstinent until my first marriage. The real hypocrisy is people like Dave Letterman who ridiculed an 18 year old girl for being knocked up....when as a full grown man he refused for years to marry his baby mama and even had Madonna pressing him to "make an honest woman of her". When Madonna has the moral high ground on you, you got issues. They can't say anything about Sarah so they attack the daughter.

    This is the core, I believe, of why a lot of politicians simply hate Sarah Palin. She lives a life above reproach. She's never cheated on her taxes or her husband or her family. She's never gotten drunk and killed a passenger in her car driving off a bridge. She hasn't gotten caught in a prostitution ring. She hasn't been caught with a gay brothel running out of her home. She's decent and that decency exposes the indecency rampant in Washington and the lechers, frauds and liars there don't want her decency to expose their corrupt mindsets. That and she isn't afraid to take down corrupt people and have them sent to prison, even in her own party, and that SCARES THE HELL out of certain politicians.


    First, Tim, What does David Lettterman have to do with my statement. Who came in his defence or even mentioned him? Second, Abstinence is unrealistic and her daughter, among the rest of America is a proof of it. Her daughter herself said it in an interview. This is another failure of "Just say no" policy. IT DOESN'T WORK! Just look at the statistics.

    With regard to Sarah Palin morals (Taxes, Faithfulness, etc) You can only based your assumption on what you know, but then I thought Mark Sanford is a moral guy too...

    The bottom line here is that I don't judge anyone by their ability to stand straight on top of a fast moving wagon. If they fall off the wagon, I can understand it as long as they don't keep holding other people to standards they themselves or their under age kid cannot keep.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    What does David Lettterman have to do with my statement.

    You mentioned hypocrisy. I used him as an example.

    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    Second, Abstinence is unrealistic and her daughter, among the rest of America is a proof of it. Her daughter herself said it in an interview.

    No she didn't. This is another case of her quote being misrepresented. She never said abstinence in and of itself is unrealistic. What she said was that she thought it was unrealistic for everyone to be abstinent. When you have congressmen and presidents cheating on their wives while in office, can you blame her for thinking that way?

    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    This is another failure of "Just say no" policy. IT DOESN'T WORK! Just look at the statistics.

    I don't know about you but I don't follow the herd. Just because a lot of people are doing something doesn't make it right or smart.

    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    With regard to Sarah Palin morals (Taxes, Faithfulness, etc) You can only based your assumption on what you know

    I do know that over 20 frivolous ethics violations charges against her since her announcement as McCain's VP candidate have fallen flat on their face. If they had anything real on her, we'd know. The fact that they have to keep trying to make stuff up is very revealing about her character.

    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    The bottom line here is that I don't judge anyone by their ability to stand straight on top of a fast moving wagon. If they fall off the wagon, I can understand it as long as they don't keep holding other people to standards they themselves or their under age kid cannot keep.


    So you want the Greek and Roman gods who were set up as great moral failures so people had their excuses to behave as immorally as they could go?

    Tim

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:


    You mentioned hypocrisy. I used him as an example.

    How using David Letterman hypocrisy justifies hers? And if it doesn't, why mention it?

    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    No she didn't. This is another case of her quote being misrepresented. She never said abstinence in and of itself is unrealistic. What she said was that she thought it was unrealistic for everyone to be abstinent. When you have congressmen and presidents cheating on their wives while in office, can you blame her for thinking that way?

    Off course it is not unrealistic to everyone. Obviously it was unrealistic for her and most of adolescents in America. By the way, you forgot to mention also senators and governors (Which relates to my "off the wagon" comment)

    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    I don't know about you but I don't follow the herd. Just because a lot of people are doing something doesn't make it right or smart.

    That's not the point, Tim. I was married to a wonderful woman for 25 years and I never cheated on her once. But then, I wasn't a teenager. We are preaching to young kids something that is unrealistic and simply don't work. Northern European countries have the most open sexual education and have the lowest teenage pregnancy and rape cases in the world.

    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:


    So you want the Greek and Roman gods who were set up as great moral failures so people had their excuses to behave as immorally as they could go?



    No, I want humans to understand that we are only humans and by definition are set to make mistakes. Not to judge and not to preach. I'm not a religious person. I'm actually more in line with Bill Maher when it comes to religions, although, unlike Bill, I respect people who believe as long as they don't preach or impose to/on others.
    However, I don't smoke, I don't drink and never have aside from casual social settings, I don't do drugs and never have, I don't gamble and I never cheated on my wife. Try doing that in Hollywood...
    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Fine - drop moral and change it to legal. How many politicians have been caught breaking the law in the last 6 months? How many Obama appointees had to withdraw from their appointments for illegal activity? Was it 7? 8?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    Fine - drop moral and change it to legal. How many politicians have been caught breaking the law in the last 6 months? How many Obama appointees had to withdraw from their appointments for illegal activity? Was it 7? 8?


    I'm not sure if I understand your point. What does that have to do with the topic?
    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    I'm not sure if I understand your point. What does that have to do with the topic?


    You didn't like the topic of morality so I've changed it to legality with the same argument. She lives a life above reproach and has a reputation for having corrupt politicians, even members of her own party, imprisoned. She makes politicians who are engaged in illegal activity very scared.
    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    I'm not sure if I understand your point. What does that have to do with the topic?


    You didn't like the topic of morality so I've changed it to legality with the same argument. She lives a life above reproach and has a reputation for having corrupt politicians, even members of her own party, imprisoned. She makes politicians who are engaged in illegal activity very scared.


    No Tim. I never questioned Sarah Palin's action or stands in a legal manner. In a matter of fact, if you looked at my earlier post I actually stated that all those "ethical and legal" claims against her seems like bunch of bull. I do believe that her moral stands are over bearing and if you cannot practice what you preach, don't preach it. Oh, and one more side note. Just when I thought that the moral majority of the family values is safe and clear, here comes Paul Stanley ... :oops:
    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y

    I think what Eddie is saying is this..

    Sarah Palin has a view of how something should work (teach abstinence to cut down on STDs and pregnancy). But, Palin has been unsuccessful in upholding this ideal in her own home. And, even her own daughter thinks it's "unrealistic" to try to uphold that standard for children.

    So, Palin now has evidence that she can't convince even her own daughter to remain abstinent. That should lead her to one of two conclusions:

    1. She's not very good at providing moral direction to her family, as she was unable to uphold this reasonable ideal in her own home.

    2. She's fine at providing moral direction, but the standard she is trying to uphold is unreasonable.

    If it's #1, we should be questioning whether someone who can't lead her family should be leading the country.

    And if it's #2, we should be questioning whether someone who continues to hold unreasonable ideals in the face of contradictory evidence should be leading the country.

    Nobody is saying it's impossible to remain abstinent, but there is plenty of evidence that the educational approach is rarely successful and in recent years has led to higher incidence of teenage pregnancy.

    Does Palin refuse to look at the evidence and base her decision on what's best for the children? If so, will she continue to do that, and ignore evidence of what is best for this country?

    That's the only conclusion I can come to.

    It's sad when people put there moral standards above the safety and protection of the children. It would be much worse when it's someone putting their moral standards above the safety and protection of the whole country.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    17y

    I do not know of one parent whose childern do not call their upbringing "unrealistic". This does not mean that it is, or that it does not work, but that they choose not to accept it. You can teach it, but you can not force it upon anyone, it is their choice, and their choice does not reflect upon what is taught.

    As far as "" but there is plenty of evidence that the educational approach is rarely successful and in recent years has led to higher incidence of teenage pregnancy. "" I would doubt this statement at its core, because even though there are many who would like to have taught abstense through the education system that just has not been allowed by the public education system. So there can be no statistics about abstinence leading to more teenage pregnancy in the education system as it has not been taught like many would like it to be.

    If it says anything, it says the lack of such abstinence education has led to those results.

    "If it's #1, we should be questioning whether someone who can't lead her family should be leading the country. "

    This is backwards, as we see someone leading her family by example and teaching, not forcing them to do but allowing them to make their own choices. This is upheld by her own record against her own party who broke the laws, wheather or not she agreed to the laws, she upheld them. That is a pretty good leader to me.

    "And if it's #2, we should be questioning whether someone who continues to hold unreasonable ideals in the face of contradictory evidence should be leading the country."

    Once again there is no evidence to the contrary, or that the beliefs are indeed unreasonable.

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by jawsette:

    I do not know of one parent whose childern do not call their upbringing "unrealistic".


    My upbringing was quite realistic. So your statement is now untrue.

    In terms of avoiding my getting anyone pregnant before I was ready for children, my parents taught me about birth control. And when I had sex, I used birth control, just as my parents had taught me.

    Had my parents taught me abstinence and not birth control, I imagine I might have made the same mistakes as Palin's kids.

    Maybe my parents were better parents than Sarah Palin, or maybe teaching safe sex is better than teaching abstinence, but regardless, the result was that nobody in my family made the same mistakes as Bristol Palin.


    You can teach it, but you can not force it upon anyone, it is their choice, and their choice does not reflect upon what is taught.


    It was Palin's decision not to teach about safe sex as an alternative or as a back-up to abstinence. Had she done that, her daughter might not have gotten pregnant.

    She put her religious teachings above the best interests of her children, and she encourages others to do the same. We've already had enough crazy religious nuts trying to rule this country...now it's time for someone who is more interested in doing what is practical and in the best interest of our citizens.
    1
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    17y

    One child, when I spoke of children does not a contradiction make. And now I see that you say that her kids (plural) made the mistake which has only been attributed to one.

    Can you get things right?

    It belongs to a parent how they choose to teach their own children and it belongs to the children how they accept or reject that teaching.

    So again the assumptions that you state as fact are incorrect. The best interest of any child is to be a child and not try to be an adult before they are an adult and ready for adult responsibilities.
    So I could state that your parents teaching you to have safe sex, which is not 100% safe, was not in their child's best interest.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by jawsette:
    So I could state that your parents teaching you to have safe sex, which is not 100% safe, was not in their child's best interest.


    Agreed. It's like teaching 5 year olds how to drive....but with a seatbelt. Teach them the alternative that is not only truly safe sex, but is the least costly form, has the least impact on their future, is the most easily accessible, and is truly bipartisan as it is used on both sides of the aisle at an equal rate of 100% while being denied by 96%.
    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by jawsette:

    So I could state that your parents teaching you to have safe sex, which is not 100% safe, was not in their child's best interest.


    Why do you say it's not 100% safe?

    If taught correctly and practiced corrected, it's certainly much, much more safe than what Sarah Palin taught her kids.

    There is nothing you can teach that's 100% safe, so just try to get as close as possible...teaching abstinence isn't even close.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    There is nothing you can teach that's 100% safe, so just try to get as close as possible...teaching abstinence isn't even close.


    :roll: When practiced properly, how is it not 100% effective? Oh yeah, immaculate conception. Didn't know you were such a theologian Jason. You can't compare a technique that is 100% effective with human nature that is not nearly as close.

    As an aside note, am I the only one who finds these attacks on Sarah Palin based on her daughter getting pregnant when she was 17 years old just about the most white trash gutter politics tactic imaginable? I think this debate has run it's course and anyone who thinks they can control the actions of a teenager just because they taught them to use a condom is kidding themselves.

    Tim

    (Now watch, in typical liberal fashion they'll turn around and call Sarah's family the white trash - accusing others what they are guilty of.)
    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    anyone who thinks they can control the actions of a teenager just because they taught them to use a condom is kidding themselves.

    Science disagrees (you do believe in science, right Tim?)...

    According to statistical analysis of the data, several independent organizations (meaning they having no vested interest in the outcome) have concluded that teaching birth control methods instead of or in addition to abstinence education leads to lower teen pregnancy rates.

    Given that, why wouldn't you want birth control methods taught as well as (I'm not saying in addition to) abstinence education? Seems to me that a combination of the two is certainly more likely to be effective than just abstinence education.

    Unfortunately, the right-wing religious nuts care more about their religious hypocrisy than they do about reducing the teen pregnancy rates.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y

    Trying to make logic of the argument of teaching abstinence vs. safe sex, leads nowhere. Two different motives. Abstinence is rooted in religious beliefs and in that context, it is valid. You can argue the effectiveness of this method, but it is outside the point. Any argument that starts with those two words "I believe" kills the argument at the core, because every one is entitle to his /her own belief.
    Every religious person has the right raise his /her offsprings according to their own belief (As long as it's legal and not imposed on others)
    Trying to make it a logical, scientific, pros-and cons type - is fruitless.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    anyone who thinks they can control the actions of a teenager just because they taught them to use a condom is kidding themselves.


    Science disagrees (you do believe in science, right Tim?)...

    According to statistical analysis of the data, several independent organizations (meaning they having no vested interest in the outcome) have concluded that teaching birth control methods instead of or in addition to abstinence education leads to lower teen pregnancy rates.


    Anyone who calls a government funded (oh excuse me, independent organization on government funding) statistical analysis "science" has more self delusion than the person who trusts their financial future and health on a "safe sex" device invented in 1855.

    Here's a bit of science for you Jason. Tell me the size of a pore in a latex condom and the size of the HIV virus.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    Trying to make logic of the argument of teaching abstinence vs. safe sex, leads nowhere. Two different motives. Abstinence is rooted in religious beliefs and in that context, it is valid. You can argue the effectiveness of this method, but it is outside the point. Any argument that starts with those two words "I believe" kills the argument at the core, because every one is entitle to his /her own belief.
    Every religious person has the right raise his /her offsprings according to their own belief (As long as it's legal and not imposed on others)
    Trying to make it a logical, scientific, pros-and cons type - is fruitless.


    I completely agree Eddie. That is why abstinence in secular training does not work and is not statistically comparable. It doesn't make "sense" to a person who does not have that core principle. The only place I can think of where abstinence education actually works in the public school system is a Theocracy.
    If we want a true comparison - compare the US "safe sex" public education system to Iran's "abstinence" public education system. I, for one, am not into giving public education that level of power that I believe belongs to the family. That being said - it doesn't make abstinence "wrong" or any less than 100% effective when applied.
    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    Here's a bit of science for you Jason. Tell me the size of a pore in a latex condom and the size of the HIV virus.


    Tim -

    I guess you were busy during ninth-grade chemistry...go study liquids and surface tension and maybe you'll start to understand...

    Or how about this -- let's test the effectiveness of your (not so) common sense... An oxygen molecule is MUCH smaller than a strand of HIV virus. Try pulling a condom over your head (yeah, like Howie Mandel) and see if you can breath...

    Let me know how that experiment works out for you...

    Or, if you don't want to kill yourself trying to prove how poor your common-sense is on this stuff, just try filling a condom with water and see how fast it leaks out (water molecules are smaller than HIV virus strands as well!).

    Btw, this is the reason why we shouldn't let religious nuts dictate our academic curriculums...and given that we don't know what other ridiculous applications of common sense they may inflict, we certainly shouldn't vote for them to lead this country.

    Call me crazy, but I want my kids to understand basic science...you should want the same...
    1
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    That being said - it doesn't make abstinence ... any less than 100% effective when applied.


    Huh? I thought I remember reading in the bible a case where someone got pregnant despite the fact that she was abstinent...

    Anyone who believes that story would have to agree that abstinence is not 100% effective...

    Do you believe that story?

    1
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    Here's a bit of science for you Jason. Tell me the size of a pore in a latex condom and the size of the HIV virus.


    Tim -

    I guess you were busy during ninth-grade chemistry...go study liquids and surface tension and maybe you'll start to understand...

    Or how about this -- let's test the effectiveness of your (not so) common sense... An oxygen molecule is MUCH smaller than a strand of HIV virus. Try pulling a condom over your head (yeah, like Howie Mandel) and see if you can breath...

    Let me know how that experiment works out for you...


    Dr. Einstein,
    I'm aware of surface tension and capillary action. I'm also aware that average lung capacity is 6 liters your passing oxygen molecules through a latex filter that will take far too long to accommodate a human's rate of oxygen consumption.

    Are you aware of how many viruses must enter your body to infect you? 1.

    Let's see what the CDC says on this:

    "Consistent and correct use of male latex condoms can reduce (though not eliminate) the risk of STD transmission.....The most reliable ways to avoid transmission of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), are to abstain from sexual activity or to be in a long-term mutually monogamous relationship with an uninfected partner."

    http://www.cdc.gov/condomeffectiveness/latex.htm

    Correct and consistent use means doing it right 100% of the time. There it is Jason. It's you vs. the CDC. Have a ball.

    Give up the "science" approach Jason. It just isn't working and it's way off track in this thread.
    0
    Topic locked