Sarah Palin Resigns as Governor

Sarah Palin Resigns as Governor

Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes

No not because she had an affair, but because she's focusing full time on a Presidential run in 2012. She's burned her ships. There's something you need to understand about a woman like Sarah. When a woman like her gets attacked, she doesn't cower in hurt. She gets motivated. You can't win giving a person like this negative energy. They only convert it to motivation and the more you attack, the more you support them.

Happy Fourth of July!

Tim

1
Topic locked
214 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
17y

I couldn't disagree more and I can't wait for the chance to see it. Obama is as big of a joke as this country has ever seen.

From bowing down to the saudi king, to declaring that we are "Not a Christian nation", to disarming our military, to not not doing ANYTHING about north korea etc.

This guy is more of a national security risk then Bin Laden because he is killing our country from the inside.

Jeff

3
Topic locked
See this reply in the discussion

269 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Matthew Gil:
    I find it ironic that those who claim Sarah Palin is so inconsequential and an unqualified politician have also made this thread one of the most popular on BP for the month of July.


    Why is that?

    If Brittany Spears was seriously planning to run for President, I have a feeling we'd have just as long of a thread...but that doesn't make her qualified...

    The funny thing is, that analogy works on so many levels...

    :)

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Anthony Garvey:
    Originally posted by Mr_Investor:
    Originally posted by NC Mark:
    I would vote for her in a New York minute.



    You know something I would vote for Jerry Springer if he ran just to keep Obama from another term :mrgreen:


    I agree with you 100%
    Tony


    Jerry Springer have a great executive experience. He was once the mayor of Cincinnati :superman:
    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Matthew Gil:
    I find it ironic that those who claim Sarah Palin is so inconsequential and an unqualified politician have also made this thread one of the most popular on BP for the month of July.


    No one here said that Sarah Palin is not qualified politician. She is a great politician and would have never became a governor should she was not one. However, governing twenty five Eskimos and four caribous doesn't make you ready for the presidency of the United States or the VP. She simply not ready for prime time. Most people, according to Fox News believe that she most fit to be a home maker...
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/27/fox-news-poll-percent-disapprove-congress/
    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    However, governing twenty five Eskimos and four caribous doesn't make you ready for the presidency of the United States or the VP.


    Come on, Eddie...

    You do realize that she has also kept Putin and Medvedev in check. Without her, who knows where U.S. - Russian relations might be right now!

    At this very moment, she's probably sitting in her bedroom, overlooking the Russian border (and the Wasilla Sports Complex), holding a rifle, ready to act at the first sign of a Russian invasion of Alaska... :roll:
    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Member since 2008 · 340 posts · 34 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    Originally posted by Matthew Gil:
    I find it ironic that those who claim Sarah Palin is so inconsequential and an unqualified politician have also made this thread one of the most popular on BP for the month of July.


    No one here said that Sarah Palin is not qualified politician. She is a great politician and would have never became a governor should she was not one. However, governing twenty five Eskimos and four caribous doesn't make you ready for the presidency of the United States or the VP. She simply not ready for prime time. Most people, according to Fox News believe that she most fit to be a home maker...
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/27/fox-news-poll-percent-disapprove-congress/


    No one? Really?
    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Member since 2008 · 340 posts · 34 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    If Brittany Spears was seriously planning to run for President, I have a feeling we'd have just as long of a thread...but that doesn't make her qualified...

    The funny thing is, that analogy works on so many levels...

    :)


    No, it does not. FAIL
    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Matthew Gil:
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    Originally posted by Matthew Gil:
    I find it ironic that those who claim Sarah Palin is so inconsequential and an unqualified politician have also made this thread one of the most popular on BP for the month of July.


    No one here said that Sarah Palin is not qualified politician. She is a great politician and would have never became a governor should she was not one. However, governing twenty five Eskimos and four caribous doesn't make you ready for the presidency of the United States or the VP. She simply not ready for prime time. Most people, according to Fox News believe that she most fit to be a home maker...
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/27/fox-news-poll-percent-disapprove-congress/


    No one? Really?


    All leaders need to be politician. It just comes with the territory. However, not all politicians are leaders or made to be...
    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Matthew Gil:
    I find it ironic that those who claim Sarah Palin is so inconsequential and an unqualified politician have also made this thread one of the most popular on BP for the month of July.


    Yeah, I noticed that too. It's nice to see which conservative scares the hell out of liberals the most. :D
    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    Yeah, I noticed that too. It's nice to see which conservative scares the hell out of liberals the most.


    Nobody is denying that Sarah Palin scares us the most!!! That is 100% true...

    How can we not be scared of the fact that we could have the most unqualified President in the history of our country starting in 2013. The only bright side is that she'd likely quit after a year or two in office.

    Come to think of it, I haven't been this scared since W. was up for re-election in 2004.

    And once again, the analogy works on so many levels.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    Yeah, I noticed that too. It's nice to see which conservative scares the hell out of liberals the most.


    Nobody is denying that Sarah Palin scares us the most!!! That is 100% true...


    I finally got J Scott to admit he's a liberal. I knew it. A liberal can't keep up the "libertarian", "constitutionalist" or "moderate" smoke screen forever. Now a lot of things will make more sense in light of the fact that J Scott is an admitted liberal. I can get along with liberals. My girlfriend's a liberal (but she grew up in an authoritarian theocracy and her only exposure to the US is LA County so undoubtedly her background contributes heavily to that). I just don't get along with people who apply the label of a new political ideology like a cheap knockoff fashion accessory. It's like that scene from Patton where the only Russian Patton respects is the one who admits he thinks Patton is a son of a ***** too. Be what you are and admit to it.
    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    I finally got J Scott to admit he's a liberal.


    What?!?!? Of course I have plenty of liberal political beliefs...I've NEVER EVER EVER denied that! I'm proud of my liberal opinions. Having liberal opinions is not a bad thing!

    I also have conservative political beliefs. And I'm damn proud of those as well! Having conservative opinions is not a bad thing!

    And I have some tremendously right-wing liberatarian beliefs. And I'm equally proud of those as well. Having libertarian opinions is not a bad thing!

    And as I've said before, if having some liberal beliefs gets me tagged as a "liberal," so be it. I'm a liberal!

    I would guess that 99.9% of all people on this forum (and in the world) have some liberal opinions.

    For example, one of key ideologies of liberalism is that people should be treated equally under the law, regardless of race, creed, or religion. I think most people share that belief (at least I hope so!).

    So, I guess by your definition, almost everyone is a "liberal." Congrats Tim, you're likely a liberal too, by your definition!

    And of course, by that reasoning, anyone who holds any conservative belief is a "conservative."

    Great, I'm a conservative too!

    And I voted for Ron Paul, so clearly I'm a libertarian as well as a liberal and a conservative. You have me pegged!

    That's your problem Tim...you are so concerned about labeling people (as if a label defines someone's every belief) that you don't care about their true ideologies. This is the most shallow form of thinking, Tim.

    It's time to step up to the next level of discourse. We'll be here when you're ready...
    1
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Originally posted by jawsette:
    First of all you are attempting to change the question here, as does happen soo often when caught.

    The question was not what magazines do you read, it was what magazines do you subscribe to.


    Jawsette -

    Again, really?

    It would seem to me that you're the one twisting the question to support your ridiculous theory.

    Luckily, there's this thing called the Internet that can help us figure which one of us is correct.

    Here's what I found:

    http://www.americablog.com/2008/09/cbs-palin-cant-name-one-single.html

    The question specifically was:

    "What magazines or newspapers did you read regularly before being picked for VP?"

    Where exactly did it say anything about subscriptions?

    If this is the whole basis of your belief that Sarah Palin is a genius in disguise, and now your theory has been debunked, now what!?!?

    Btw, I accept your apology for wrongly accusing me of twisting around the discussion.

    No apology given, as you were the one that I quoted originally when you announced the question to begin with. But I did notice that in order to support your new question claim you go to a blog and not the original article.

    Now I have responded according to how you originally posted things and have not gone to any original story myself so I do not know who is twisting this story and for what purpose. But there can be no doubt that you have stated things three different ways now. interesting.

    I did attempt to go back to pull out your quote, but the Topic summary only goes back so far while doing this post so I will have to find it later for you.

    And I find it interesting that you accept an apology that was never given or implied. But do reserve the right to reply to any of your posts AS POSTED, twisted, true, false, or misrepresented. It is your post content that I am speaking to.

    Good try again, but no luck.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Joey Budka:
    So anyway.... Back to the issue at hand. This says a lot about Sarah Palin: When a news reporter asked her what periodicals she subscribes to and reads, she was not able to answer the reporter's question intelligently, nor was she able to name one single periodical of any importance. In fact, she gave a very vague answer "I read all of em." And we thought Bush was stupid and uninformed???

    I don't think I'd enjoy four years of a president in office who reads less than I do.

    And it was wrong of the Republican Party to give her false hope by nominating her as the VP under John McCain. Conservatives needed a "minority" of some sort to combat the diversity of the Democratic nominees. So they through Palin out there to grab the minority vote. And what they got was an idiot trying to fit a pair of shoes too big for her.

    She might get as far as writing a book; but how can one possibly write a book without any sort of well-roundedness...?


    I finally found the original quote that I was speaking to JScott.
    As you can plainly see it was NOT your quote as I was thinking, it came from Joey Budka. But we continued to converse as if it was yours.

    You indeed twisted the quote that I responded to, and your twist may indeed be what was actually said, I do not know.
    But the point about the intent behind the way the original question, as posted, was phrased can not be denied. And her response, as posted, was perfectly adequate and intellegent, given the question and answer as posted.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Ok,
    I'm calling out right BULLSH-- on this claim that Sarah Palin "couldn't" name what newspapers or magazines she's read. I watched the original tape. She WOULDN'T name them. There's a big difference and a person who's trying to pull a free newspaper plug out of a national figure knows damn well what that is. This is another bullsh-- liberal argument again brought by another one of the 3 liberal amigos. How surprising. :roll:

    Tim

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by jawsette:

    No apology given, as you were the one that I quoted originally when you announced the question to begin with.

    What are you talking about? You brought this up yourself when you were trying to defend Palin's intelligence? Are you telling me that you were defending her based on how I worded a statement, not based on her own statement!?!?

    Wow.


    But I did notice that in order to support your new question claim you go to a blog and not the original article.

    What are you talking about? The link above has a VIDEO of her saying it!!!

    Are you going to say that the blogger doctored the video?!?! Because you can find the video on hundreds of websites.

    You really have trouble admitting when you're wrong, even in the face of video evidence. That's just sad.


    It is your post content that I am speaking to.

    No, you were supposed to be defending Palin based on what she said, not on how I summarized what she said. This is called doing research. Due diligence.

    Do you even know anything about Sarah Palin? Or are you just supporting/defending her because she's a Republican?

    That's just really sad.

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    I'm calling out right BULLSH-- on this claim that Sarah Palin "couldn't" name what newspapers or magazines she's read. I watched the original tape. She WOULDN'T name them. There's a big difference and a person who's trying to pull a free newspaper plug out of a national figure knows damn well what that is. This is another bullsh-- liberal argument again brought by another one of the 3 liberal amigos. How surprising. :roll:


    Tim -

    I thought Jawsette's defense that she was "avoiding a trap" was the most ridiculous defense I've heard of this issue, but yours is much, much funnier.

    (turns out Jawsette didn't even watch the tape, at least you did)

    And yeah, Palin didn't answer because she didn't want to give a plug to any specific newspapers. What's she going to do when when she holds a press conference, call on the person in the front row and say, "Question from the woman who works for that paper in New York that has 4 words in its title?"

    Tim - You're so desperate not to have to admit Palin is not cut out for Federal government, you'll say anything, won't you? I certainly hope her advisers can come up with better defense of her stupid comments than you can...she'll need it.

    Okay, I'm off on vacation...so whatever ridiculousness you write next will have to wait a few days. Have a great weekend!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    17y

    No I was commenting on what was claimed that she said. I admitted that I did not hear or see the acutal quote, so therefore can only comment on the actual post, which you then changed when you challanged my ascertation of that post. Therefore I challanged your changing of the question that was being commented about.

    Its called keeping things in context.

    I will not go to any other site while at work here, because I will not chance their affecting my jobs system with any sort of virus, especially when it is a blog. Therefore I told you that I would not trust any blog (except BP here) as you never know for sure what you will find in those sites.
    I have no problem admitting when I am wrong as many on this site have noticed, when challanged on some on my RE posts that were incorrect.
    Just like I admitted that I was wrong when I atributted the original post to you when it actually the other poster that I quoted.

    I dont care about Sarah, or Bush, or Obama in and of themselves. But I will point out to anyone trashing them that their statement(s) could have been taken out of context by those with an apparent agenda against them.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    I finally got J Scott to admit he's a liberal.


    What?!?!? Of course I have plenty of liberal political beliefs...I've NEVER EVER EVER denied that! I'm proud of my liberal opinions. Having liberal opinions is not a bad thing!

    I also have conservative political beliefs. And I'm damn proud of those as well! Having conservative opinions is not a bad thing!

    And I have some tremendously right-wing liberatarian beliefs. And I'm equally proud of those as well. Having libertarian opinions is not a bad thing!

    And as I've said before, if having some liberal beliefs gets me tagged as a "liberal," so be it. I'm a liberal!

    I would guess that 99.9% of all people on this forum (and in the world) have some liberal opinions.

    For example, one of key ideologies of liberalism is that people should be treated equally under the law, regardless of race, creed, or religion. I think most people share that belief (at least I hope so!).

    So, I guess by your definition, almost everyone is a "liberal." Congrats Tim, you're likely a liberal too, by your definition!

    And of course, by that reasoning, anyone who holds any conservative belief is a "conservative."

    Great, I'm a conservative too!

    And I voted for Ron Paul, so clearly I'm a libertarian as well as a liberal and a conservative. You have me pegged!

    That's your problem Tim...you are so concerned about labeling people (as if a label defines someone's every belief) that you don't care about their true ideologies. This is the most shallow form of thinking, Tim.

    It's time to step up to the next level of discourse. We'll be here when you're ready...

    J, you cannot confuse those people, you need to fit into a box! If you don't fit into the box where they can stick a label on you, their wires get crossed, sparKs start flying all over the place and it can be very dangerous!!! PLEASE, FIT INTO A BOX!!!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    Ok,
    I'm calling out right BULLSH-- on this claim that Sarah Palin "couldn't" name what newspapers or magazines she's read. I watched the original tape. She WOULDN'T name them. There's a big difference and a person who's trying to pull a free newspaper plug out of a national figure knows damn well what that is. This is another bullsh-- liberal argument again brought by another one of the 3 liberal amigos. How surprising. :roll:

    Tim


    Tim, You are completely wasted. You should be a politician! You really believe that the reason she couldn't (didn't want to according to you) name even one magazine was because she didn't want to give a plug? Come on!!! This is a woman who asked "What does a vice president do anyway?" The woman has curiosity of a slug and to claim that she didn't want to name a magazine because she didn't want to plug any, is insulting the intelligence as much as Bill Clinton question the definition of word "IS"
    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    You really believe that the reason she couldn't (didn't want to according to you) name even one magazine was because she didn't want to give a plug?


    I never said that. You misrepresented what I said. I simply said she "wouldn't" rather than "couldn't" and used a person trying to get plugs from a national leader as an example why. You misrepresented her quote and followed up misrepresenting mine - and then called me drunk. Standard liberal procedure I guess.
    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    You really believe that the reason she couldn't (didn't want to according to you) name even one magazine was because she didn't want to give a plug?


    I never said that. You misrepresented what I said. I simply said she "wouldn't" rather than "couldn't" and used a person trying to get plugs from a national leader as an example why. You misrepresented her quote and followed up misrepresenting mine - and then called me drunk. Standard liberal procedure I guess.


    Ok, let me clarify couple of things. First when I said you are wasted, I didn't mean in the context of being inebriated, I meant wasting your talent not being a politician, (read the following sentence) because you are talking like one. Sencond, I didn't say that you claim Sarah Palin "couldn't" I put in parenthesis what you're claim is. But again, you prefer to hang to the small things rather than rebuttal.
    Typical "Right wing" response I guess.
    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    I didn't mean in the context of being inebriated, I meant wasting your talent not being a politician, (read the following sentence) because you are talking like one.


    Fair enough. I have thought about it. I do know how I'd balance the budget. I'd sell federal land to Californians for 200 to 300% of it's real value. :mrgreen: You can be on that committee Eddie and make the sales videos. Tell them about the appreciation they can expect.

    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    Sencond, I didn't say that you claim Sarah Palin "couldn't" I put in parenthesis what you're claim is.


    I wasn't contesting that. What I was contesting was the idea that I said she was trying to avoid giving a plug. I didn't say that. I used that as an example of Katie Couric's motivation in this clip.

    Tim
    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:


    Fair enough. I have thought about it. I do know how I'd balance the budget. I'd sell federal land to Californians for 200 to 300% of it's real value. :mrgreen: You can be on that committee Eddie and make the sales videos. Tell them about the appreciation they can expect.


    Don't tell. It must be California city, Right? Twenty five years ago, (when I was young and handsome...) I was offered to buy land in the worst s..t hole called California City. It is in Mojave desert and the pitch was that LAX (Los Angeles airport) will eventually be moved there. Even then I knew better... :wink:
    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    I have been saying this for over a year now, and I will be saying it for at least the next 3.5 years.

    For anyone to say that Sarah Palin is NOT qualified for National Office and that Barack Obama IS qualified for National Office, is not using logical and sound reasoning. A community organizer and freshman senator does not make as many executive decisions as a State Governor. The problem with Sarah Palin is that she did not get a law degree or go to Law School, therefore, she does not know how to doublespeak, how to lie and how to manipulate people.

    The last six months, Obama has proven to us just how inept he really is. Along with his plummet in approval ratings, he has increased the National Debt by MORE than $1T, he has apologized for the United States being the World's protector, bread basket and bastion of freedom, he bows to other Country Leaders, and is generally a laughing stock around the world. I would much rather have a DO NOTHING president than a DO HE WRONG THING president. When it is all said and done, Barack Obama is going to make George W Bush look like the Albert Einstein of presidents.

    As for Sarah Palin, her resigning as Governor is a very unusual move, but the media's attack of not only her, but her children is inexcusable. I can't wait for Obama's children to become teenagers and tell their daddy "NO"!! I will be laughing in the aisle!!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Mike M:
    When it is all said and done, Barack Obama is going to make George W Bush look like the Albert Einstein of presidents.


    I hate the thought of it, but frankly I'm kinda missing Clinton right now.... :lol:
    0
    Topic locked