Sarah Palin Resigns as Governor

Sarah Palin Resigns as Governor

Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes

No not because she had an affair, but because she's focusing full time on a Presidential run in 2012. She's burned her ships. There's something you need to understand about a woman like Sarah. When a woman like her gets attacked, she doesn't cower in hurt. She gets motivated. You can't win giving a person like this negative energy. They only convert it to motivation and the more you attack, the more you support them.

Happy Fourth of July!

Tim

1
Topic locked
225 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
17y

I couldn't disagree more and I can't wait for the chance to see it. Obama is as big of a joke as this country has ever seen.

From bowing down to the saudi king, to declaring that we are "Not a Christian nation", to disarming our military, to not not doing ANYTHING about north korea etc.

This guy is more of a national security risk then Bin Laden because he is killing our country from the inside.

Jeff

3
Topic locked
See this reply in the discussion

269 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Jesse R:
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    Your dismissive posts are insulting to myself and those who agree and disagree with me alike.


    Dismissive? The sheer fact that I decided to put my 2 cents in on the whole one sided politics issue discounts this.

    This is coming from the same person who wrote,

    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    If you seek out a means to get offended then you deserve it.




    The explanation of this forum specifically says, "There are heated discussions here, so if you don't want to get involved in debate, stay away!" You came to this thread to insult those debating for the act of debating what they believe in. We didn't seek you out to get offended by you. You came here.

    Even while disagreeing with them I can still respect folks like Eddie and Josh G. The US System works because it is a constant pendulum of our opposed viewpoints with the same end goal in mind which is the progression of the United States as a nation. Just like both pure capitalism and pure socialism can oppress a people - so must each viewpoint swing back and forth in authority to insure that in the end the larger federal government is able to do as little as possible on the federal level and we live in geographic enclaves that provide us with the choices of the local governments that have a much greater impact on our daily lives.
    0
    Topic locked
  • Specialist · Las Cruces, NM · Member since 2009 · 557 posts · 71 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    You came to this thread to insult those debating for the act of debating what they believe in.

    Isn't that why I showed up to the thread for? I put my 2 cents in and backed what I believed in.

    My responses can't be deemed off-topic because this thread took a turn from its original subject long ago.

    I got my beliefs(independent of any party) and you have yours(right wing). Let's leave it at that.

    I don't want to sidetrack from my morals and standards. I feel like we're arguing about nothing now.

    You're a valued member of this RE community and I hope that someday we can conduct some meaningful business.

    Good Night

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y

    Tim Wrote:
    "You know, some of us actually believe in our ideology because we choose to and have come to it from our own developments of our worldview"
    __________________________________________________

    The problem with ideology, like religion is that it lacks self doubt. There is no moment of "Wait a minute, maybe I'm wrong. Lets examine"

    Ideology, like religion is dismissive of all who disagree. Kind of "My way, or the highway" History show that in the end, ideology loose and pragmatism wins. That's why the power of the Catholic church as apolitical force has disappeared,that's why Nazism failed, That's why communism crumbled. That's why Muslim theocracies will fail and that's why we are witnessing the decline of pure capitalism.

    Religion failed because you cannot fool all the people all the time, Communism failed because people are not equal. They may deserve equal rights and equal opportunities, but we are not equal. Some smart, some stupid, some beautiful and some ugly. Capitalism will fail because people don't live in a vacuum. We are a society. We need the support of each other. We can argue on what level of support and what extend, but we cannot deny that we depend on each other to survive.

    Pragmatism, flexibility, adoption - This is the only way to survive as scoiety.
    ... But, then may be I'm wrtong.... :wink:

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Eddie,
    "History show that in the end, ideology loose and pragmatism wins...Pragmatism, flexibility, adoption - This is the only way to survive as scoiety."

    Sounds like an ideology - strikingly similar to early 20th century eugenicists....

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Eddie,
    "History show that in the end, ideology loose and pragmatism wins...Pragmatism, flexibility, adoption - This is the only way to survive as scoiety."
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    Sounds like an ideology - strikingly similar to early 20th century eugenicists....



    Okay, time for me to chime in here, as my BS meter just went off...

    Can you please elaborate on how anything that Eddie said sounded at all similar to eugenics?

    It was pretty clear (to me, at least) that Eddie was saying that ideologies fail because they can't adapt (by definition). How that has anything to do with eugenics (even from an analogous standpoint) seems pretty ridiculous. In fact, he never espoused any ideology in that post (other than perhaps a meta-ideology)...

    Seems to me that you are either trying to blatantly insult Eddie and/or his assertion by making stuff up or you just don't understanding what eugenics is.

    So, please enlighten us...
    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Eddie was saying that ideologies fail because they can't adapt

    Seems to me that you are either trying to blatantly insult Eddie and/or his assertion by making stuff up or you just don't understanding what eugenics is.

    So, please enlighten us...

    All this talk of adaptation and Darwin never entered your minds?

    I'm not insulting him at all. What he proposes in his ideology are foundational elements of social evolution and they're proposed as a means of progressing human society. I'm not suggesting at all that he follows the same strategy as the darker eugenicists did, but it's the same ideology.

    It is an ideology.

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    All this talk of adaptation and Darwin never entered your minds?


    Nope. Not from the post Eddie wrote. At all.

    He used the word "adoption," but not "adaption." And they mean very different things.

    He used the word flexibility, but that's very different from the Darwinistic view of adaptation (Darwin's term "adaptation" is purely physical and evolutionary; Eddie used flexibility in a social context).

    So, no...those terms never came to mind. And they still don't.


    I'm not insulting him at all.


    When you compare someone's ideology to that of eugenics, it's difficult to interpret it any other way than an insult. Especially when there was nothing in his response that even remotely invoked the idea of eugenics.


    What he proposes in his ideology are foundational elements of social evolution and they're proposed as a means of progressing human society.


    Got it...you don't really grasp the idea of eugenics.

    There are thousand of ideas proposed to "progess human society"...why you would associate any of them with eugentics for no particular reason just doesn't make sense.


    I'm not suggesting at all that he follows the same strategy as the darker eugenicists did, but it's the same ideology.


    Again, what is?

    Social progression? Are you saying anyone for social progression is a eugenicist?

    If that's the case, the Republicans (and Democrats) are very interested in advancing society as well...so I guess they're a bunch of eugenicists...

    So, again...I either have to conclude you were looking to insult him or you just didn't understand what you were saying.

    Hopefully it was the latter...

    0
    Topic locked
  • Financial Advisor · Tampa Area, FL · Member since 2008 · 956 posts · 214 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    Originally posted by Josh Green:
    he choose perry.


    Wasn't Perry a Jeb Bush appointee?

    Originally posted by Josh Green:
    i dunno tim, do some reading up on crist and you'll see he's pretty liberal.


    I'm willing to concede that there are yet more liberals within the republican party that need to be removed from positions of authority.

    bush appointed him as a circuit judge, it was crist who put him in the supreme court.

    and yes, i agree that there are some in both parties that aren't inline with party beliefs.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Nope. Not from the post Eddie wrote. At all.....He used the word "adoption," but not "adaption." And they mean very different things.....So, no...those terms never came to mind. And they still don't.


    That's amazing the term never came to mind when you specifically said, "adapt". What I commented on was that you even said the word, "adaptat" and couldn't make the connect to Darwin. That being said, had you not even used the word it's not a stretch to look at "flexibility, pragmatism, and adoption" and see adaptation. :roll:


    Originally posted by J Scott:
    (Darwin's term "adaptation" is purely physical and evolutionary; Eddie used flexibility in a social context).


    And Darwin's original theory of evolution was based on pangenisis, which was disproven by the development of genetics. Yet his theory of evolution was easily adapted to genetics. Just because certain elements that the ideology uses or focuses on change doesn't mean the core philosophy is different. It's an ideology - applicable to physical and social alike.


    Originally posted by J Scott:
    When you compare someone's ideology to that of eugenics, it's difficult to interpret it any other way than an insult.


    So you concur that Eddie has an ideology, the nonideology ideology (like the nonguru guru). Thank you, but I don't see why it was an insult. It was not an inherently evil idea. Anything anyone believes in has someone at some point in history who misused it. That doesn't mean Eddie's a bad guy.
    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2009 · 456 posts · 123 votes
    17y

    I can't say all of what I'm really thinking but suffice it to say:

    a.) Palin sucks at life, will never win

    b.) Obama sucks at life, will not be re-elected

    c.) At least we have plenty of time to invest and make loads via REI in this unstable crappy economy, since we all know Obama can't/won't fix it.

    *edited to change "now" to "know"

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    Thank you, but I don't see why it was an insult. It was not an inherently evil idea. Anything anyone believes in has someone at some point in history who misused it. That doesn't mean Eddie's a bad guy.


    That would be like me saying:

    It's clear that you have a love for this nation, that you're a true nationalist. I guess you and Hitler have that in common.

    It's not an insult...I just meant that you both hold the same ideology in that respect...

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    Thank you, but I don't see why it was an insult. It was not an inherently evil idea. Anything anyone believes in has someone at some point in history who misused it. That doesn't mean Eddie's a bad guy.


    That would be like me saying:

    It's clear that you have a love for this nation, that you're a true nationalist. I guess you and Hitler have that in common.

    It's not an insult...I just meant that you both hold the same ideology in that respect...



    What the heck are you talking about?

    Early 20th Century Eugenicists included the likes of Woodrow Wilson, Theodore Roosevelt, George Bernard Shaw (with whom Eddie has a great deal in common philosophically), John Maynard Keyes, and Winston Churchill. You're looking for some sort of insult that just isn't there. Well....maybe with Keyes but if Eddie voted for Obama over McCain, he assisted in voting Keyes policies into our federal government.

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    if Eddie voted for Obama over McCain, he assisted in voting Keyes policies into our federal government.


    Ummm...yeah...because you think that before Obama our government hadn't implemented Keynesian economics?!?!?

    I wasn't around during the Great Depression or WWII (and I assume neither were you), but I seem to recall from my MBA economics classes that quite a bit of Keynesian policy was used to pull us out of the first and generate an abundant global economy during the second.

    And I'm quite sure that Keynes would have been proud of George W's counter-cyclical deficit spending, especially the few years of his presidency.

    Come on, Tim...a good debate requires more than just sound-bites...

    Btw, regarding your eugenics comment, I think it's safe to say that most people who have any idea what eugenics is about would consider it to have a very negative connotation. From pre-WWII KKK activity to Hitler to Conservatives throwing around the word these days in their opposition to genetic manipulation.

    Calling someone a eugenicist is not a compliment to most people.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y

    It is amusing to follow how my words being interpreted. I would not get into the Keynesian approach vs. Milton Friedman theory simply because this is not the place to write an essay. I'm just going to say that in my view, the Keynesian intervention (past and present) has more realistic approach. The Milton Friedman's economics is academic in nature and doesn't work in the real world... pretty much like communism - great on paper - bad for society.

    My argument in favor of practicing non-ideological method is that it allows correcting mistakes of the past and preventing mistakes of the futures without any ideological constraint. From ideology point of view, we only have to consider narrow aspects of solutions. If you wish to call it also an ideology by itself, knock yourself out. I would disagree of course.

    The problem we are facing as a nation is not intervention or no intervention. I hate paying taxes as much as the next guy (Any liberal who states otherwise, is simply lying) and if I thought that tea parties are the solution I would join them in a minute. The problem is not so much the amount of taxes but their appropriation. I'm going to slaughter some sacred cows here. The fundamental issue is the structure of our governing bodies. Al Franken recently encapsulated the issue by saying: "I am not going to Washington to be the 60th democratic senator. I'm going to Washington to be the second senator from Minnesota" and although I applaud his "spirit of independence", Senators and congressmen like Al Franken, put the interest of individual states ahead of the interest of the nation.

    That's why we have pork barrels, that's why we have bridges to nowhere and that's why we build submarines that the navy doesn't need. It is being built just because the powerful senator form State X thinks it is important. It provides jobs to his /her constituents or worse, a contract to his /her major contributor. This is beyond the unnecessary wars and the welfare programs or even the various bailouts. For years,our tax dollars are being robbed by politicians for their own political survival and purpose.

    Now going back to original post. Sarah Palin or not Sarah Palin. Again, I don't have problem with people who hold opposing views to mine, but I do reject people who don't have the intellectual capacity or honesty, or are too shallow to argue their views. People who are speaking in a language of vague and empty slogans and who cannot conduct a simple journalistic interview without embarrassing themselve.

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:

    Now going back to original post. Sarah Palin or not Sarah Palin. Again, I don't have problem with people who hold opposing views to mine, but I do reject people who don't have the intellectual capacity or honesty, or are too shallow to argue their views. People who are speaking in a language of vague and empty slogans and who cannot conduct a simple journalistic interview without embarrassing themselve.


    Eddie -

    I'm pretty sure that Sarah Palin doesn't hold any opposing viewpoints to you. To have an opposing viewpoint, you have to have an opinion...and to have an opinion, it helps to be knowledgeable about that which is being opined.

    Luckily, now that she has resigned, she has three years to memorize her opinions... :)

    Of course, I think Sarah Palin is best left to stand watch over Russia from her Alaskan perch, in the case that "Putin decides to rear his ugly head."

    Her national defense is invaluable to this country.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    MBA economics classes


    Oh good lord.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Calling someone a eugenicist is not a compliment to most people.


    Then shall we use Hillary's words and call it early 20th century "progressivism"? :roll: This relates to an issue I have that Josh G. referenced earlier. People who can't take the labels of the ideologies they espouse - much like you can't handle the true application of the term "liberal" to yourself and keep trying to call yourself a libertarian. Again - first libertarian I've heard of that disagrees with Ron Paul and now promotes Keynesian policy. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Sarah Palin's resignation do focus on larger things got me to wondering about whether or not Obama should have resigned and let someone else who was interested in being Senator maybe....I don't know....serve Illinois? I looked up Obama's voting record in chronological order and found that throughout 2005 and 2006, Obama participated in his duties as a Senator at every opportunity save for one day, 4.19.05. Then as we get into 2007 he starts dropping off the map and "not voting"...as we get into 2008 good grief, the guy must have forgotten where the Senate was. Maybe he got lost in the other 7 of those 57 states he said there were.

    http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/o000167/

    Yet he "finished" the term, even though he didn't show up for half of it. And for all that time he didn't show up...he collected your tax dollars in his paycheck for not working AND (and this is the best part) he get's the Senator pension. That's full pay for life of your tax money for not showing up for nearly half of his term, yet he "finished" his term long enough to take the money.

    And people try to make up speculation about Sarah Palin being unethical.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    Then shall we use Hillary's words and call it early 20th century "progressivism"? :roll: This relates to an issue I have that Josh G. referenced earlier. People who can't take the labels of the ideologies they espouse - much like you can't handle the true application of the term "liberal" to yourself and keep trying to call yourself a libertarian. Again - first libertarian I've heard of that disagrees with Ron Paul and now promotes Keynesian policy. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


    Tim -

    You win the prize for poorest reading comprehension skills.

    Let me correct some of your words above:

    - I'm sure Eddie (and certainly I) can take the labels of the ideologies we espouse. My point was that no-one in this thread (except for maybe you) have espoused any belief in eugenics. You were the one that picked that term out of thin air and applied it to Eddie's comments. I still have no idea why you think that ideology applied to his comments, but seems you were just making things up;

    - I can certainly handle the application of the term liberal to myself, where it applies. In many ways, I am liberal. I'm all for the government doing whatever it takes and whatever it costs to ensure certain social and economic programs, such as universal health care for children, protecting the environment, and fighting crime. In those ways, I'm VERY liberal, and certainly not afraid to admit it. But, in many more ways, I'm Libertarian, and while many hate that ideology even more (especially these days), I'm not afraid to admit that either;

    - As for you claiming I disagree with Ron Paul, this one takes the cake. I believe I'm the one who in multiple threads has promoted "Ron Paul in 2012"...I don't recall anyone else on this forum promoting Ron Paul recently. Again, you're just making things up.

    I'd ask you to support all your ridiculous claims, but, in my experience, it seems you just make stuff up as you go along, and don't tend to debate rationally. Hey, just like Sarah Palin...I guess we've come full-circle on this thread...
    1
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    And people try to make up speculation about Sarah Palin being unethical....


    Again, horrible logic and debate technique here...

    What does Sarah Palin being unethical have to do with Obama not doing his job as senator?

    Whenever someone attacks your ideology, instead of logically discussing it, all you do is blast Obama, which makes no sense. Except it probably makes you feel better.

    If Obama is unethical, okay. If he's the anti-Christ, okay. But, what does that have to do with Sarah Palin, the topic of this thread!?!?

    You are clearly just trying to deflect, and any time someone says something that hurts you or your sensibilities, instead of addressing it, you start attacking Obama, as if that has anything to do with it.

    That would be like if you said something bad about Ron Paul and I said, "Well, Rush Limbaugh is a drug addict." It might be true, but it's not relevant, and has nothing to do with the comment at hand.

    I understand that it hurts to have to recognize that some people you look up to and respect (George Bush, Sarah Palin) have their flaws, but attacking Obama to deflect the reality really doesn't make much sense in context.

    1
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y

    Oh yeah...this is somebody who should SURELY be our next President:

    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=8016906&page=1

    A quote from Palin (bottom of first page):

    "I think on a national level, your department of law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out"

    Department of Law?!?! Wow, she is a parody of herself...if she really plans to run, I hope she at least plans to spend the next three years learning all the things the rest of us learned in middle school...

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    My point was that no-one in this thread (except for maybe you) have espoused any belief in eugenics....I still have no idea why you think that ideology applied to his comments


    You're calling me the eugenicist now and you have exactly what from my statements in this thread to back that up? Anyway - aside from that nonsense It's quite easy to see the philosophical connection between modern liberalism and early 20th century eugenics once you look at it objectively with a rational mind. It's also even easier when you search for the root of modern liberal institutions (I'm not going to say liberal democrat as it includes liberals who have called themselves republican as well) and find a surprising amount of it pointing right back to 20th century eugenicists.


    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Whenever someone attacks your ideology, instead of logically discussing it


    So you admit you are attacking me. Since you say you are a libertarian, I again have to wonder why you're so busy attacking me and supporting socialists. I've also noticed you've been very upset with me ever since I called you out for being a liberal parading as a libertarian in the "Prepping for Cap and Trade Effects" thread. I must have hit a nerve.


    Originally posted by J Scott:
    You are clearly just trying to deflect


    Nope. Just trying to make this thread interesting again since it's denigrated into a liberal vs. conservative pissing match again. But again...I completely forgot. You're the "libertarian".



    Originally posted by J Scott:
    But, what does that have to do with Sarah Palin, the topic of this thread!


    It reveals your double standard. You've completely ignored the fact that Obama was taking money he didn't earn....wait a minute. That's an accomplishment to Alinsky disciples. Oh well, no use arguing this anymore. :roll:


    Originally posted by J Scott:
    I understand that it hurts to have to recognize that some people you look up to and respect (George Bush, Sarah Palin) have their flaws


    I've never said who I look up to and don't know why you threw George Bush's name in there. That's the first time his name's come up in this thread. Do you mean George Bush Sr. or George Bush Jr.?


    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Well, I was wrong on one thing that I am willing to concede. Sarah never officially announced she's gearing up for a presidential run. That was some early speculation I read into in an AP report. We shall see.

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    My point was that no-one in this thread (except for maybe you) have espoused any belief in eugenics....I still have no idea why you think that ideology applied to his comments


    You're calling me the eugenicist now and you have exactly what from my statements in this thread to back that up?


    Again, poor reading comprehension on your part.

    I didn't call you a eugenicist. I simply said that nobody on this thread espoused that ideology so far, except for maybe you. I didn't say you did or didn't espouse it (hence the word "maybe," as you've never asserted one way or the other, but you did mention it which is why I said "maybe."

    I figure if you want to make an assertion, you will. I certainly didn't assert it for you. I'm just leaving it open-ended and will let you decide what you want to assert or not assert.


    It's quite easy to see the philosophical connection between modern liberalism and early 20th century eugenics once you look at it objectively with a rational mind.


    Can you elaborate? I don't see the connection, but it could just be me.

    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Whenever someone attacks your ideology, instead of logically discussing it


    So you admit you are attacking me.


    Again with the poor reading comprehension on your part.

    My words were "attacks your ideology," (see above) not "attacks you." I sometimes attack your ideology (because I sometimes disagree with it), just as you attack people's ideologies all the time when you disagree with them.

    I also attack your reading comprehension, but provide plenty of examples that support my assertions.

    I never attack you personally, as I don't know you personally. You're probably a great guy.


    Since you say you are a libertarian, I again have to wonder why you're so busy attacking me and supporting socialists.


    In general, my beliefs are aligned with those of many libertarians. That said, some of my beliefs are aligned with liberals (for example, universal health care for children) and some of my beliefs are aligned with conservatives (for example, fiscal policy). I'm sure some of my beliefs are aligned with socialists, communists, fascists, etc. That doesn't make me one of those. In fact, now that I think about it,

    I'm uncomfortable calling myself a "liberatarian," because that's only part of my belief system. So, from now on, I'm an independent believer.

    Oh, and if supporting one socialist ideal (for example, universal health care for children) makes me a socialist, I'm quite alright with that. Here, I'll say it: I'M A SOCIALIST BECAUSE I THINK ALL KIDS SHOULD HAVE HEALTH CARE.

    Now that that's out of the way, I'm curious: do you support universal health care for children? If not, why not?


    I've also noticed you've been very upset with me ever since I called you out for being a liberal parading as a libertarian in the "Prepping for Cap and Trade Effects" thread. I must have hit a nerve.


    You did hit a nerve, but not for that. I don't mind debating, but prefer to do it with people who are good at it. A good debater won't immediately change the topic to "Obama is the anti-Christ" every time he is put to the challenge.

    You do.

    For example, see the next line (from you)...


    You've completely ignored the fact that Obama was taking money he didn't earn....wait a minute. That's an accomplishment to Alinsky disciples. Oh well, no use arguing this anymore.


    Yes, I completely ignored that in THIS thread, because this thread isn't about Obama. If you'd like to start another thread about that topic, feel free. But this thread is about Sarah Palin.

    And you were happy to keep it about Sarah Palin until you were challenged about Sarah Palin and you INSISTED on changing the topic to Obama. Go back through this thread and notice who the first person to bring up Obama was.

    It was you. It's always you. Even when the thread has nothing to do with Obama. I feel like it's your pacifier. It's your go-to move when you can't think of anything else.

    Again, if you want to debate, you need to be prepared to defend your points with relevant comments, not try to sidetrack to Obama bashing every time you have no other response (remember, saying Obama is horrible is NOT a defense of Palin).
    1
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    Well, I was wrong on one thing that I am willing to concede. Sarah never officially announced she's gearing up for a presidential run.


    Are you willing to concede that there is no such thing as a "Department of Law?"

    If so, are you willing to concede that any politician who believes there is a "Department of Law" probably isn't qualified to be President?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    If so, are you willing to concede that any politician who believes there is a "Department of Law" probably isn't qualified to be President?


    Just as much as the one who said there were 57 states. What's next? Unzip and measure?
    0
    Topic locked