Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
No not because she had an affair, but because she's focusing full time on a Presidential run in 2012. She's burned her ships. There's something you need to understand about a woman like Sarah. When a woman like her gets attacked, she doesn't cower in hurt. She gets motivated. You can't win giving a person like this negative energy. They only convert it to motivation and the more you attack, the more you support them.
Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
17y
I couldn't disagree more and I can't wait for the chance to see it. Obama is as big of a joke as this country has ever seen.
From bowing down to the saudi king, to declaring that we are "Not a Christian nation", to disarming our military, to not not doing ANYTHING about north korea etc.
This guy is more of a national security risk then Bin Laden because he is killing our country from the inside.
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
17y
Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
Just as much as the one who said there were 57 states.
Wow, after calling you out on always changing the subject to Obama when you don't have a better response, I would have thought you would have at least tried.
But, I guess you can't help yourself.
Anyway, thank you for the response.
From your comment, it appears that your belief is that Obama and Palin are "just as much" qualified to be President.
It surprises me that you believe that (given other things you've written), but I appreciate your honesty. That's good to know!
Select a State · Member since 2009 · 156 posts · 17 votes
17y
Your attempt to win an argument based in logic and facts has no place on this site sir.
When Obama is impeached I think Palin should take over. She doesn't talk down to us like you liberal socialist communists. Plus Obama has spent more money than all other Presidents combined times 10. And, he spends all this money on going out and its crazy.
Obama isnt even American Im pretty sure!!! GOOOOO PALIN
Select a State · Member since 2009 · 156 posts · 17 votes
17y
Sprry for double post, but I'm a little concerned. The genius Tim said Palin is going to move to the lower 48. Who is going to be keeping an eye on Russia?!??!
Investor · colorado springs, CO · Member since 2009 · 283 posts · 45 votes
17y
As soon as Obama's REAL birth certificate comes to light, Sarah should be there, ready to take over and square this socialist mess away, with a wink and a gunshot (folksy "you betcha" mandatory here) .
Of course, the flip side of it is Putin will be able to rear his ugly head as often as he likes without any fear of repercussions... it's give and take, can't win'em all folks!
Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
17y
Hmmm....the more I watch this thread the more I realize there's something about Sarah that drives liberals into an absolute frenzy to the level that they must attack everything about her. I like that. That's when you know she scares them. :-)
Hmmm... Now that I think about it, I've been on the receiving end of this. Not to this level, but when I started revealing some of the truth about real estate investing, there was a Chicago area "guru" that just had to attack me in the same manner at every opportunity on everything he thought he could about me. This is actually good..... Even if she doesn't run, she could certainly benefit the party. The more liberals go bat sh-- crazy in public, the better.
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
17y
Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
Hmmm....the more I watch this thread the more I realize there's something about Sarah that drives liberals into an absolute frenzy to the level that they must attack everything about her. I like that. That's when you know she scares them. :-)
She scares everyone with with an IQ over 70!!!
She's ignorant of how our government works ("what does a VP do?"), she's ignorant of what it means to have foreign policy experience ("I can see Russia from my house"), she is ignorant of recent political discourse ("what is the Bush Doctrine?"), she is ignorant of our system of checks and balances ("the Department of Law will clear me"), and she is oblivious to the realities of real life ("abstinence is the only decision and my 17 years just had a baby").
There's a difference between occasionally misspeaking and being flat-out ignorant. Sometimes I wonder if she and George W had the same tutor in high school...
That said, like I said earlier, I'm hoping she runs in 2012...I'll even vote for her in the primary...I honestly couldn't imagine anything more amusing than getting to hear her ramble incoherently through another campaign...
On the bright side, if she does win the Presidency, I imagine she'll just quit halfway through...
Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2008 · 553 posts · 20 votes
17y
In an "exclusive", The Brad Blog is reporting that Alaskan reporter, Shannyn Moore, is now saying that federal indictments in the "iceberg scandal" may soon break "concerning use of Wasilla Sport Complex building material for Palin's home..."
I believe this was mentioned during the campaign and now it does appear that there was fire behind the smoke.
Glic's diary :: ::
Okay, I've now been able to get independent information from multiple sources that all of this precedes what are said to be possible federal indictments against Palin, concerning an embezzlement scandal related to the building of Palin's house and the Wasilla Sports Complex built during her tenure as Mayor. Both structures, it is said, feature the "same windows, same wood, same products." Federal investigators have been looking into this for some time, and indictments could be imminent, according to the Alaska sources.
Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
17y
All of the above is very interesting that she has been under investigation for some time now, especially considering the "independant sources" and where they came from versus the FBI comming out several times in the last week alone saying the she is not nor has been under ivestigation.
We will have to wait to see who is proven to be the liar in this scenerio.
Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
17y
Originally posted by Lee Common:
Federal investigators have been looking into this for some time, and indictments could be imminent, according to the Alaska sources.
Lee,
As was said earlier and just to give you a heads up, the FBI has come out and specifically said that Palin is not and never was under any investigation. Further, the media has been warned by Palin's legal counsel that anyone who reprints this will be sued for defamation.
And no - to date Dan Rather hasn't found anything about Sarah Palin in Lt. Col. Killian's files either....yet :roll:
Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
17y
Originally posted by Jeff And Cheray Warner:
If Palin is so dumb and not a threat to the democratic party wouldn't they be better off to leave her alone and let her "bury herself"?
Jeff
I've never read anything by Anne Coulter but came across an article where she nailed it:
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about – really, it's O-ver – but they just can't stop talking about her."
Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
17y
Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
Originally posted by Jeff And Cheray Warner:
If Palin is so dumb and not a threat to the democratic party wouldn't they be better off to leave her alone and let her "bury herself"?
Jeff
I've never read anything by Anne Coulter but came across an article where she nailed it:
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about – really, it's O-ver – but they just can't stop talking about her."
Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
17y
I already expressed my views of the "thrilla from Wasilla" which pretty much in line with J. Scott's - William F. Buckley she is not...
However, after watching CNN with regard to all the crap piling up against her legally and ethically, I concluded that it is crap.
Wearing a jacket with a certain logo that constitute "conflict of interest"? Oh, P-aa-l-eees....
Investor · colorado springs, CO · Member since 2009 · 283 posts · 45 votes
17y
My take on it is that it can't be OVER while (if) she is still carrying the GOP flagship for the 2012 hopes. If she's truly over, than public attention will slowly fade away from public scrutiny and ultimately be reduced to what we have today of Dan Quayle jokes, only juicier.
If however she chooses to carry the GOP flag and hopes for 2012 than how can it truly be OVER before then? Of course there's still scrutiny, and ultimately jokes. For someone that supposed to hold back Putin, Ahmadinejad and kim jong Il and whine when confronted by Letterman? Puh-lease, that's part of being in the public eye, it comes with the teritory!
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
17y
Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
I can respect that Eddie. Here's hoping that one day you can see crap for what it is before watching CNN. :wink:
I agree with Eddie that I haven't seen anything so bad that I would question her ethics (in fact, I haven't said a single word about any legal issues with her)...
The point is, when she opens her mouth, she comes across as someone who is not intelligent. Pretty average, actually.
In my opinion, her popularity is due to the fact that her core audience is average people who can relate to her because she is so average.
People vote for who they relate to. This is likely why W. was elected, this is likely why Obama was elected, and this is likely why Palin has so many supporters.
Perhaps this is why I didn't feel the need to rally around any of those people. Perhaps if I were more average, I would feel compelled to rally around her.
Luckily, I'm not.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of average people in this country, and if they all vote for her, she has a good chance of winning. And then we have President of average (if lucky) intelligence.
And yes, that scares me.
It scares me to death that a person of completely average intelligence (at best) could be our next President.
It also scares me that this doesn't scare you guys. Of course, I understand why that is...which scares me even more...
Investor · colorado springs, CO · Member since 2009 · 283 posts · 45 votes
17y
Not just that, J Scott, but an average person that reaches the ultimate power, gets power-drunk and tends to make ill-fated decisions, look at W. That's truly scary.
I've listened to an interview with a journalist from AK (main paper in Anchorage, he seemed pretty even and fair) and one of the questions was if she returned from the VP campaign trail as a changed person. he stated that yes, she has returned changed, in the sense that she was even LESS LIKELY now to listen to any other opinion but hers. Now that's a reassuring quality for someone holding the red button...
Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
17y
Originally posted by Sorin T:
Not just that, J Scott, but an average person that reaches the ultimate power, gets power-drunk and tends to make ill-fated decisions, look at W. That's truly scary.
I've listened to an interview with a journalist from AK (main paper in Anchorage, he seemed pretty even and fair) and one of the questions was if she returned from the VP campaign trail as a changed person. he stated that yes, she has returned changed, in the sense that she was even LESS LIKELY now to listen to any other opinion but hers. Now that's a reassuring quality for someone holding the red button...
This comming from a "fair and balanced" reporter who does not seem to understand that at this level of politics one can not exist without listening to the team of advisors that they have on their staff.
Listening to others at this level is a must to even get there so for someone to make such a comment shows their own agenda within their comments. And they call themselves a reporter or even a journalist?
Who is kidding who here. More propaganda is more like it!!!!
Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
17y
And to make a statement that someone's audience is average is to assume that the poster is so far above them. Why they feel that they must point out the obvious misstatements is beyond me because an obvious misstatement by defination is obvious to everyone and should not need explaination.
Why the need to belittle someone unless you really feel that they are above you and you need to level the playing field?
Normally when such statements are said they are ignored because they are no threat and only serve to impune the speaker.
What are you really afraid of? That your audience might begin to understand the true intelligence of the speaker and understand that they are really someone to be listened to?
I thank you for sharing with us that you feel your audience here is so stupid that they must have obvious things pointed out to them.
Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
17y
It seems that the deadbeat dad of Bristol's baby has come out with an opinion..... Good grief, whenever did a deadbeat dad get journalistic credibility?
Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
17y
Originally posted by J Scott:
Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
I can respect that Eddie. Here's hoping that one day you can see crap for what it is before watching CNN. :wink:
I agree with Eddie that I haven't seen anything so bad that I would question her ethics (in fact, I haven't said a single word about any legal issues with her)...
The point is, when she opens her mouth, she comes across as someone who is not intelligent. Pretty average, actually.
In my opinion, her popularity is due to the fact that her core audience is average people who can relate to her because she is so average.
People vote for who they relate to. This is likely why W. was elected, this is likely why Obama was elected, and this is likely why Palin has so many supporters.
Perhaps this is why I didn't feel the need to rally around any of those people. Perhaps if I were more average, I would feel compelled to rally around her.
Luckily, I'm not.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of average people in this country, and if they all vote for her, she has a good chance of winning. And then we have President of average (if lucky) intelligence.
And yes, that scares me.
It scares me to death that a person of completely average intelligence (at best) could be our next President.
It also scares me that this doesn't scare you guys. Of course, I understand why that is...which scares me even more...
Hey J Scott, this may not be worth your time seeing as your ABOVE me and everyone else on here but here it goes:
Great leaders are usually NOT the smartest people, they are people who surround themselves with other people smarter then them. Henry Ford is an excellent example. Bill Gates, while a smart guy did not create MS DOS, he bought it. I'm not a Bush fan but I can't help and laugh when people mention how dumb he is...if he is as dumb as you say, then how did he win twice against the "smart" guys? My answer to that is not to say he was smarter but that he had a better team to handle his campaign, which proves my point. You don't have to be the smartest guy to win or to lead this country.
The problem I see here is you are looking for someone who has all the answers, sorry to tell you but that person does NOT exist. I'm looking for someone who can FIND the answers while putting our COUNTRY, NOT POLITICS as their number one priority.