Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
OK- Everyone knows I root for the underdog (namely non BCS teams) and my heart belongs to BYU. Good weekend.
BYU holds Univ Wash and Heisman candidate Jake Locker to 17 points and zero in 2nd half. This is with a no-name defense, 7 new starters and 2 QB's trading off every other series. Either defense is pretty good or Locker is over rated. No turnovers by either team and very clean game. Other conf temas had couple of good games. TCU beats pac 10 possible conference favorite Ore St , Utah beats # 15 and Big east projected winner Pitt and Boise beats projected something, # 9 Virginia Tech- Ooops, that game is tonite. Look for 4 of top 25 being outsiders of the farcical bcs.
How'd your mighty team do and what creampuff did they play? Okla need not reply. Same yardage as Utah St? At Norman? Make this a thread to report your teams' highlights etc. Good luck to all. Rich
Real Estate Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2009 · 660 posts · 244 votes
16y
Quack, quack ....72-0 Oregon victory vs a D-1 school albeit not a very good one I presume. Easy pre-season schedule so will see how they fare in a pretty good Pac 10 conference. Back-to-back Rose Bowls not out of the question.
Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
15y
I thought Horns were your team!! Front runner fan??? I loved to see the mighty Little 10 go 0 for 5 today. Now, thats' funny!! This AQ stuff is just plain stupid. TCU will continue to be in BCS now that they're in the little east. Congrats to them- 2nd best Bowl of the season. Rich
Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
15y
The word is that the new Texas coaching staff will be:
HC: Mack Brown, OC/QB: Paul Chryst, OL: Bob Bostad, RB: Major Applewhite, WR: Darrell Wyatt, TE: Bruce Chambers, DC/LB: Manny Diaz, DE: Oscar Giles, DT: Bo Davis, DB: Duane Akina.
That would be a huge upgrade with the #1 recruiting class coming in! We'll be ready for ya next year Rich! They should be solid next year, but 2012 will likely be their year.
Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
15y
Time to start pumping your favorite team.. BYU with first year of independence will shine,,, and make more money in one year with ESPN than in last 5 years combined. Also, a very good team and will light it up in first 3 games-Ole Miss, Texas, and Utah. Hope defense can hold and is as good as it looks. Rich
Bryan- I told you MONTHS ago in a thread that TEXAS was going to follow BYU in something big. Congrats on being one of only 3 that have their own network....I had inside info and knew it was coming.
Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
15y
The Longhorn Network is ridiculously lucrative, but I am frankly sick of hearing about it. The Aggies are obsessing about it everywhere right now and I just want the season to start so we can quit hearing the whining.
Texas will have an okay team this year, but I don't think they will measure up in The Big XII. Oklahoma is going to be ranked number one in the preseason. Oklahoma State will be in the top ten along with A&M.
Texas has Malcolm Brown coming this year as a highly-rated running back. We also get Irby back as a TE, which should help with our blocking schemes. Harsin is our new OC so we shouldn't be as predictable.
Case McCoy and Garrett Gilbert are supposedly competing for the starting QB spot. I think Gilbert will get a few games to prove himself. If he stumbles he'll get the axe early. Ash is a redshirt QB and it is rumored he is the best of the bunch. They may burn his shirt if the others suck too much.
The Texas defense should be nasty, but the secondary is a bit suspect. I'm not sure they can do much if the offense is as bad as it was last year.
Overall I think Texas will have a decent team this year and win around 9 or so games. I think we'll beat BYU at home, but I could certainly see them losing.
Residential Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
15y
The year is 2016 and the United States has just elected the first woman as President, . A few days after the election the president-elect calls her father and says, 'So, Dad, I assume you will be coming to my inauguration?'
'I don't think so. It's a 30-hour drive, your mother isn't as young as she used to be, and my arthritis is acting up again.'
'Don't worry about it Dad, I'll send Air Force One to pick you up and take you home. And a limousine will pick you up at your door.'
'I don't know. Everybody will be so fancy. What would your mother wear?'
'Oh Dad,' 'I'll make sure she has a wonderful gown custom-made by the best designer in Washington .'
'Honey,' Dad complains, 'you know I can't eat those rich foods you and your friends like to eat.'
The President-to-be responds, 'Don't worry Dad. The entire affair is going to be handled by the best caterer in Washington , I'll ensure your meals are salt free. Dad, I really want you to come.'
So Dad reluctantly agrees and on January 20, 2017, She is being sworn in as President of the United States . In the front row sits the new
president's Dad and Mom. Dad noticing the senator sitting next to him leans over and whispers, 'You see that woman over there with her hand on the Bible, becoming President of the United States .'
The Senator whispers back, 'Yes I do.'
Dad, beaming with pride, says proudly, 'Her brother played football for Bo Schembechler at UofM for the Wolverines .‘
Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
15y
Any Miami football fans here? Some of those allegations are just unbelievable (prostitutes, yachts, strip clubs, abortions, money, alcohol, cars, etc). This will be interesting to watch for a while!
Real Estate Investor · Gainesville, VA · Member since 2010 · 17 posts · 0 votes
15y
When you read the report about the Miami investigation, it reads like a script for some Oliver Stone movie.
http://sports.yahoo.com/investigations/news?slug=cr-renegade_miami_booster_details_illicit_benefits_081611
While I don't follow college FB as closely as the NFL, I've always had the impression that this is common on some level among all big time schools. They just didn't get outed by a convicted felon running a Ponzi scam.
Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
15y
Originally posted by Emy S.:
When you read the report about the Miami investigation, it reads like a script for some Oliver Stone movie.
http://sports.yahoo.com/investigations/news?slug=cr-renegade_miami_booster_details_illicit_benefits_081611
While I don't follow college FB as closely as the NFL, I've always had the impression that this is common on some level among all big time schools. They just didn't get outed by a convicted felon running a Ponzi scam.
I agree there is probably some level of this going on at most big time programs, but I doubt it normally occurs to that level.
Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
15y
At BYU, they get kicked out of school for many things, like having sex with your girlfriend. BYU was just ranked # 1 in religious schools and # 1 in sobriety. So, please don't say all schools do this. Every national champion in football has had MAJOR infractions, except BYU and Jo Pa's school. Rich
Real Estate Investor · Gainesville, VA · Member since 2010 · 17 posts · 0 votes
15y
Okay, so painting all big time programs with one broad stroke is a little unfair. That's the cynic in me and as someone who went to a small school. That said, there's probably a bunch of little stuff that goes on in a lot of schools; Ohio State and USC as other recent examples.