LONDON 2012, Place Your Bets Here

LONDON 2012, Place Your Bets Here

Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes

Who is your favorite Olympic star, your favorite sport? I caught the cycling this morning for a big surprise with the US taking 4th. Women's Volleyball just nipped past Korea, rated #2 behind the US, guess that's the way it went down too. Anyone know what happened in boxing?

Any athletes here?

0Reply
33 views

Most Popular Reply

Accountant, Enrolled Agent · Grayslake, IL · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
14y

Bill Gulley,

Favorite Olympian: Misty-May Treanor

Favorite sports: Shot-put and discus and track.

Favorite sport to watch: Women's Beach Volleyball.

Sorry, missed boxing.

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    14y

    Yes, IMO, the decathlon IS the Olympics as in ancient times. They must be very well rounded in abilities, skill and dedication to get that far in competition. I did many events in track, but they wouldn't let highschool kids near a hammer throw or javlin, someone would get hurt I'd bet.....

    I'm sure we got it again this time, but it has been close. I also enjoy watching other countries win too, Bolt from Jamica and them taking gold, silve and bronze was great, and the Chinese hurdler who was injured showed a great attitude and will go home a winner going the distance. I'm sure he is done and will hang up his shoes. I'm glad to see Britan has done so well too. Think how boring it would be if we took everything like our women's basketball has been doing....not that they are boring, but you go into a game wondering how badly the other team will get beat! BTW, there was a little concern when they played Australia......but they pulled it out by 16 I believe.

    And to think many of our gold winners are still in highschool, it's amazing to me they can be so accomplished at that age, 40 years ago that was very rare, now it's so common.

    Karen M., are you planning a parade for your hometown girl? At least a party!!! :)

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    @Bill Gulley, actually I am now living in southern California. My son went to school with her 6 years ago. Hopefully they'll do something for her when she returns. I know alot of those athletes will be returning to college when they get back, it's that time of year!

    Like you, I enjoy seeing those from other countries that really have a struggle to be able to get to the Olympics, and then are able to win out. It's heartwarming.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    14y

    WOW, BMX racing, I had no idea that was a sport for the Olympics! These girls are flying! 5 just wiped out!

    Hey, how many US companies can you name that are the official sponsors of the XXX Olypics?

    Duracel is one....

    They make it possible for the US Team to make it there, use to be it was all on the participants to get there, then the corporates picked up some but not everything. Can you name any?

    @Karen M. send a card! LOL

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    14y

    CLosing ceremonies...very cool, very British, listening to Russel Brand singing the Walruse song, a festival of british music culture from way back to present. Now, Fatboy Slim.....who? LOL

    I think Paul will be on and Elton too.....what a party!

    Had to add, the Spice Grils, what a group, how many of you guys are watching this? It's a great one of a time show...if you like British music/rock/etc.

    Karen M., we won, most golds and most medals, 104 I think they said, way ahead of China.....USA ALL THE WAY!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    Watching the closing ceremonies right now . . . a fun end to a great few weeks of sport. Back to work . . . .

    Oh, and GO USA! Nice work.

  • Investor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 450 votes
    14y

    I enjoyed watching...especially many of the SUPER hot track and field woman. That basketball game between USA and Spain was a nail biter. Glad we won!

  • Property Manager · Palm Beach Gardens, FL · Member since 2012 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    14y

    Definitely Swimming and Gymnastics. . . It's been a really exciting Olympics to date...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.