Connections in Montana

105 Replies

Wondering if anyone else from Montana is active on here! Who are you? Where are you from? I noticed this forum had no posts so I wanted to start one.

I'm looking for some connections and always like "local" people, or someone who knows Montana.

Hey Shaun,

There are a few Montana folks on here, seems like a year ago I could count the BP membership (active at least) for the entire state on my fingers, but more active members every day.  There is a group of us in Bozeman that get together twice a month to discuss real estate and sometimes play cashflow game.  If you are ever in Bozeman on a Thursday evening, search meetup dot com for Bozeman cashflow club.  If you are in Bozeman at any other time, I am always up for a cup o jo and a visit with a fellow real estate investor.  

Cheers.  

Originally posted by @Patrick McGowen :

Hey Shaun,

There are a few Montana folks on here, seems like a year ago I could count the BP membership (active at least) for the entire state on my fingers, but more active members every day.  There is a group of us in Bozeman that get together twice a month to discuss real estate and sometimes play cashflow game.  If you are ever in Bozeman on a Thursday evening, search meetup dot com for Bozeman cashflow club.  If you are in Bozeman at any other time, I am always up for a cup o jo and a visit with a fellow real estate investor.  

Cheers.  

Thanks Patrick! That's great to hear. Bozeman isn't that for MT standards. I would love to meet up sometime. Thanks for connecting on here!

@Shaun Moore  

I am on this site trolling almost everyday... Great reading before bed and in the morning. 

I am in between Billings and Bozeman and love to connect with others as well. I would love to know more about the Helena market as well. 

This might be an old but....  I always wanted to start a hand-basket company up there, so it could be called "Helena hand-basket Co"

@Joshua Daniels, after an incredibly busy summer, we're starting to see a little bit of a slowdown in Helena. Multi-family investment property has been crazy (prices and transactions) but with the addition of a new 240 unit complex coming in, that could change.

If anyone ever gets this way, I would buy you a cup of coffee and visit for a while!

Hi there I am active in Great Falls Real Estate market and have been for the past 19 years.  Great Falls market is very stable and appears to be continuing on the same path.  Let me know if you have any questions on the Great Falls and surrounding areas!

There is a group of us that try to meet on a monthly basis up here in Great Falls.  We usually just sit around and have a few beers and talk about deals from the past or our intentions for the future.  Our Landlord Association's up here have a tendency to be pretty structured, so we try to have a little more fun outside of the Landlord meetings.

As Patrick said; there are more and more locals popping up everyday on the Forums!

I always wanted to start a hand-basket company up there, so it could be called "Helena hand-basket Co"

Nice!  Haven't heard it yet!  But definitely like it.

To all:  I'm up there often, but usually running around crazy-like.  If I'm around Bozeman/Helenahand-basket/Great Falls, etc... I'll reach out then...

Jimmy

I am in the Glacier National Park corner of the state over here in Kalispell!  Love Bigger Pockets!  From Great Falls, to Helena, to Bozeman and Kalispell if we were in another part of the country we would all be in different sates! 

Wow!  this is fantastic!  I am definitely IN if you need help with the Helena handbasket co!  Genius!

Excited to hear about the meetup in Bozeman.. didn't know there was one.  

I love the Flathead Valley and make it a point to float the lower Flathead river every year... would love to find some deals over there, so Shelli it sounds like you're the person to see!  

Good to hear from you all and I look forward to meeting you sometime.

Originally posted by @Shelli Callan :

I am just up the road from Polson. Polson is in my MLS so I watch what is going on there. Would love to do a deal there!

Hi Shelli,

I have an aunt in Polson who is also an appraiser. I would love to know more about the market. I understand rentals are in pretty high demand.

Also up here in MT. Living in Great Falls but invested in Bozeman/Livingston.

@Patrick McGowen shoot me a txt to remind me next time you guys get together in Bozeman. I'm down there once a week for anywhere from a day to the better part of the week so there's a good chance I'll be around.

@Brad B. I have some stuff going in Plains, MT which is kind of Polson adjacent?

@George N. Will do, I have taken to doing a newsletter to keep the group more connected, particularly for those that are only occasional attenders, join the meetup group.  

@Alan 

@Alan Brownundefined  Consider joining us next Thursday, we would really value your experience and enthusiasm.  

Love this thread. REI Montana Mafia is gaining momentum!

Excellent! I just came back east yesterday, in my back and forth slow transition back to MT, so it might be a little while before I'm back out there. please keep me on a REI newsletter if you would, so that I can meet up when I am in town.

thanks!

Hi all! I'm another Great Falls regular and would love to see some more faces at the landlord meet-ups (2nd Tuesday) or even start a new one with BP members.

@Patrick McGowen I think the newsletter is a great idea for keeping us MT folks connected and informed about the local areas. I've been interested in trying out the cash flow game, just never got around to it. I may need to sneak down to Bozeman one of these days. Maybe our Great Falls crew (@Peter Dascoulias II , @George N. ) will take a field trip

@Shaun Moore thanks for starting the thread and getting us all connected!

@Bryan C. I invest in multifamilies. I have a 4plex and just went under contract for a duplex :) My strategy is to acquire multifamily housing for solid passive income, so I have been house hacking and living in one of the units to get in with low down payments. Once I develop a solid core of passive income I will begin flipping SFH. As far as exit strategy goes worst comes to worst I will sell but since they are multifamies and this towns rental market is strong I am not too worried about it but always good to have a plan B & C. What about you? Feel free to PM me as well.

@Mark Caiazza @Alan Brown @George N. and others;

In regards to the Bozeman area REI newsletter I have been doing, I don't want to put it up on BP or other searchable online area. Then I don't have to worry as much about putting personal info about members, then members are more willing to share their successes and failures with a more intimate group of locals. If you want to be on my mailing list best to join the meetup group. I am willing to try and keep a separate email list of Montana folks that want newsletter but don't want to join the meetup, pm me your email if you want.

@Evans Wright , we currently own a 4plex & SFR in Great Falls MT....owned it since 2010. I like the rental market also because it is strong but find it more difficult to find deals. For now I havent added anything in my portfolio from there since we PCS'd away but my wife is from there & we might return at some point.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here