Investor · Little Rock, AR · Member since 2016 · 121 posts · 37 votes
I'm working to buy a house. Husband is on title by himself. Him and wife is separate right now. They hate each other. Husband is onboard with the sale. Wife wants husband's life difficult. So she won't sign anything. I tried to talk to her and ask is there anything she needs that would make her sign. She said nothing and thanked me... What should I do?
Investor · Little Rock, AR · Member since 2016 · 121 posts · 37 votes
7y
It’s Arkansas. Not quite community property by statute. It’s equitable distribution state, but the judge usually divide property 50/50 upon couple divorce
Attorney · Northbrook, IL · Member since 2017 · 719 posts · 549 votes
7y
@Andrew Yu She has to sign because of her spousal homestead rights to the property. The husband could potentially file suit for Petition to Partition but that requires the husband spending a lot of out of pocket legal fees.