Turnkey Invest, have you worked with them?

Turnkey Invest, have you worked with them?

Rental Property Investor · Petaluma, CA · Member since 2015 · 151 posts · 143 votes

Spoke with an investor today who had nothing but great things to say about the company. Curious if anyone else here has worked with them? Love to hear any and all feedback. The company is Turnkey Invest I beleive. There website is turnkeyinvestproperties dot com. They do turnkey in both Memphis and Little Rock. I have a call scheduled for tomorrow and would love to hear from anyone else who has experience investing with them. Beleive the owner is a BP member too. @Alex Craig

0Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

Bay Area, CA · Member since 2016 · 79 posts · 43 votes
6y
Originally posted by @Austin Goebel:

Did you end up investing with them?  I would love to hear how it worked out if so.  Anyone have first hand experience with them? They seem like they would be a good fit with what I am looking for.

I have been investing with Turnkey Invest Properties (Alex Craig and his Memphis & LR Team) since fall 2017 and have been very happy overall with the performance of our portfolio so far.  Pretty much as advertised on the website.  Things do go wrong from time to time but I have always been impressed by the team in helping to make things right in a very fair manner and the policies they have to help the investor ( see their self-sustaining property page).  

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Hadar OrkibiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · USA / NZ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 812 votes
    7y

    @Alex Craig and his company are solid and i have many friends that invested with them, and are very happy with the service.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y

    solid operator.. and really nice individual.

  • Ogden, UT · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Did you end up investing with them?  I would love to hear how it worked out if so.  Anyone have first hand experience with them? They seem like they would be a good fit with what I am looking for.

  • American Fork, UT · Member since 2017 · 175 posts · 76 votes
    6y

    @Austin Goebel we haven’t heard anything bad about them but haven’t worked with them. Also heard very solid things about @Chris Clothier and his group in the Memphis area. 

  • Contractor · Benton, AR · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    I’ve made a mistake. I’ve never worked for this company. I worked for another investment companies With similar tags in its name. 

    The company is REI nation

    . I’m gonna try to delete these two post that I made previously and I apologize for not paying more attention to that. I know it’s confusing but it really is no excuse on my part and I apologize for any miss information or or damage to the business this might of caused

  • Bay Area, CA · Member since 2016 · 79 posts · 43 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Austin Goebel:

    Did you end up investing with them?  I would love to hear how it worked out if so.  Anyone have first hand experience with them? They seem like they would be a good fit with what I am looking for.

    I have been investing with Turnkey Invest Properties (Alex Craig and his Memphis & LR Team) since fall 2017 and have been very happy overall with the performance of our portfolio so far.  Pretty much as advertised on the website.  Things do go wrong from time to time but I have always been impressed by the team in helping to make things right in a very fair manner and the policies they have to help the investor ( see their self-sustaining property page).  

  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Colt Musteen:

    I’ve made a mistake. I’ve never worked for this company. I worked for another investment companies With similar tags in its name. 

    The company is REI nation

    . I’m gonna try to delete these two post that I made previously and I apologize for not paying more attention to that. I know it’s confusing but it really is no excuse on my part and I apologize for any miss information or or damage to the business this might of caused

    @Alex Craig Hey man, thanks for chatting with me today before I posted on here.  I hate to have posts like this hijacked and have the conversation go sideways when investors are looking for information on your company.  For what it is worth, anyone reading this, we are considered competitors both in Memphis and Little Rock, but in the end I think we both have a healthy, earned respect for one another.  I know you guys take pride in your business and I can attest for any reader on here that Alex and his team are going to do everything they can to treat you fairly and help you be successful as a real estate investor.  I would recommend you anytime.  

    So again, sorry for chiming in and I will be quick with making sure I set the record straight about Colt Musteen.  I have spoken with the four members on our team who had interaction with Colt before making the decision that we would no longer hire him to work at our properties in February 2019.  We used Colt early on as we moved into the Littel Rock market.  The picture our four team mebers painted was pretty clear.  A one-man handy-man who could handle small-dollar jobs but constantly had high-dollar solutions.  Consistently complained about wanting more money and nearly impossible to get to return to a job when his work was unfinished or subpar.  Lastly, he had a terrible attitude toward our team, but after showing that attitude to our residents when doing work at our occupied houses, we let him go as a vendor on our team.  It was our residents complaints that sealed the deal.  Colt approached our team later in the Spring of 2019 asking if we would give him a second chance, and shocked that we would not hire him again.  We did not and have not skipped a beat in Little Rock.

    Before this post showed up, I had no idea who Colt Musteen was and our team hasn't had interaction with him since April/May time frame.  I have no idea why he chose this time to post or what axe he has to grind, but we simply don't have time to do business with this type of vendor.  And after 17 years in business and 6,000 renovations later, where over 70% of them have a 3rd party inspection, cutting corners and acting unethically is the furthest thing from the truth when it comes to how our team conducts business.  

    Alex, again I hate the we have to deal with this kind of crap sometimes, especially on a public forum.  All the best to you and Benolyn and I hope you and your investors have a fantastic 2020.

  • Contractor · Benton, AR · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @Chris Clothier

    This would be slander. I’m not gonna battle with you guys because your resources beat mine hands down.

    I have documented proof of all the unethical "shortcuts" REI nation took. I have the word of other vendors (one of which works for me to flip houses). The pictures don't lie and I documented everything in case something ever happened to a house that was not done properly or worse to a renter.

    I offered to come back and help you guys when one of your crew shots themselves in one of your houses but was clear that I was not gonna cut corners. I was not "shocked" that REI wanted to continue to find unskilled labor to complete renovations to get them rented to people who struggled to pay rent.

    I don't mind the slander, I hope that my mistake in posting the wrong company sheds light on REI nation and all the unethical practices it does Mr.clothier because the people in those houses matter more than your bottom dollar.

    Why would I openly subject myself to ridicule from you or your company (I thought I was following rule 6 of bigger pockets). By you getting on and “shaming” me just makes you look even more guilty.

    Thanks turnkey for the phone call and I really hope your buisness is blessed from this encounter. Respect.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.