Favorite quotes

31 Replies

A little off topic but I need to get some artwork in my office and I was thinking about putting up motivational/success quotes. I've got a few I like, like You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. What would you do if you knew you could not fail. What's your favorite quote?

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."

Henry David Thoreau

Entrepreneurship

is living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't.

unknown-

It's not how much you make but how much you get to keep.

The only difference between a rich person and a poor person is how they use their time. 

Robert Kiyosaki - 

Successful people are simply those with successful habits.

Brian Tracy - 

My all time favorite quote that literally put words to what I think success is and now is my motto that I have written everywhere - "Success is the fulfillment of potential" I saw it a few months back on Instagram by a business guy Andy Frisella I think his name was. I don't know if he originally said it, but they are powerful words to me.

I've always loved this one from Ralph Waldo Emerson,

"Every man I meet is in some way my superior. In that I learn from him." 

The grant cardone bp podcast episode had a lot of good ones.  "Fear is the enemy of action" " take your goal and 10x it" "Never set a goal you can obtain" 

"The harder I work, the luckier I seem to get" Josh dorkin

"You can do it right, or you can do it over." my grandfather.

“Good things come to those who wait… greater things come to those who get off their *** and do anything to make it happen.”

Here is one I read this week,"Ideals are like stars.You willnot succeed in touching them with your hands.But, like seafaring man on the desert of waters, you can choose them as your guides. And following them, you reach your destiny." Carl Shurz

Hi Cameron,

"Whatever it takes, it's going to be worth it"

"Hustle hit, never quit"

Warm regards,

Ryan Lin

Tax consultant

• “Pray like it all depends on God, but work like it all depends on you.”

- Dave Ramsey

Genius is 1% Inspiration and 99% Perspiration. 

Quote by Thomas Edison

here's a couple of my favorites!!

"I smart man can solve a problem

BUT a wise man will avoid one"

Updated about 2 months ago

Most are drowning in information While starving for WISDOM

Men lie

Women lie

Numbers Don’t.

"Do or do not. There is no try."

- Yoda

If you can't afford to buy 3 of them, don't buy one of them.

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing"

Off topic, but sort of on topic. I just find these funny and thought I would share from some good movies

"Coffee is for closers"

"Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach, teach PE"

"The world needs ditch diggers too"

And my all time favorite: "I rarely wear underwear, but when I do, it is usually something unusal" 

Why do those who lack the courage to start investing in real estate during a booming economy think they’ll have the courage during a recession?

A Forgotten BP member who should take creidit. 

And a bonus one from Dave foster...

You can live tax deferred, but you have to die to be truly tax free. 

@Bill Brandt & NEVER die with a huge carry forward loss !!!

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.”- Henry Ford

“Be special. Be anything but mediocre.” - Anita Roddick

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here