What is your favorite quote??

299 Replies

I believe quotes are a powerful tool.  They provide a boost of quick knowledge and motivation.  I would love to hear your favorites and why they are.

"Don't wait for the perfect opportunity: create it." -George Benard Shaw

I love this because it symbolizes the truth that nothing is going to be given it must be earned/taken. When I read it each day, I am naturally shifted into an action taking mindset.

-Nathan

"Make as much money as you can!" -Me

One that I made up myself:

"You wake up and you're dead."

Now, if we are talking about quoting someone else, I like the following from Robert Hunter:

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."

@JD Martin    

Those are great.  What inspired you to come up with the first one?

"Luck is with the man who doesn't count on it in his plan."  

(Same goes for ladies.  :-)  )

I don't know who said it.  It's the 1st quote that came to my mind when I saw your question though.

"Brick walls are in place to keep out those who really don't want what's on the other side. Those that do, will find a way over, under, around or through that wall." Something like that and I forgot who the originator was but I love it bc it helps you realize some will over come road blocks related to their hunger for what they're after and others will fail and or give up bc they really didn't want it as bad as they thought they did!

Originally posted by @Nathan Killebrew :

@JD Martin   

Those are great.  What inspired you to come up with the first one?

The obvious shortness of life. Yesterday I was garage band jamming in HS and chasing girls. Today I'm gray, bald, overweight and arthritic. What the hell happened? 

@George Lods   That one is great. I have never heard it.  Going to get it written down now!

There are two types of people in this world- takers and givers. Takers may eat better, but givers sleep better.

Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you ‘should’.

Not sure who said it, but definitely has a lot of meaning.  ;-)

The truly intelligent man realizes how little he knows.

Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the jaw - Mike Tyson

When the Government fears the people we have democracy, when the people fear the government we have tyranny.

People do not care how much you know, until they know how much you care.

@Nathan Killebrew

“Id rather be a warrior in a garden than a Gardner in a war”. Lots of sayings out there but this one struck me as powerful and challenging tbh.

We are not victims. We are AmeriCANs, not Americants. 

Stay focused not finished. - Chris Hogan

“Read one non fiction book per week and you’ll be very wealthy” Jim Rohn

Latin Proverb: Nihil Sine Labore.

English: Nothing Without Effort

Now let’s all go make the effort! 😎👊🏽🔥

@Daniel Hyman , my father used to say, “There are givers and takers in the world, and the takers don’t know what they’re missing.”

"The moment you accept responsibility for EVERYTHING in your life is the moment you gain the power to change ANYTHING in your life." - Hal Elrod

I send a quote of the day to 400 people.  Feel free to reach out if you want to be added to the distribution list.  Everyone is blind copied and I send nothing but a short quote.

You can have everything you want in life, if you will just help other people get what they want.  - Zig Ziglar

@Nathan Killebrew

“Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat”. Fortune Favors the Bold

It reminds me it’s ok to take risks and be bold. Go after what I want.

“If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done”. Too many people just want. Too few of people will do anything about it.

@Nathan Killebrew

My two favorite quotes are as follows:

“Champions are made when no one is looking”

-Coach Tim St. Lawrence

“If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”

-Michael Jordan

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here