Investor · Clinton, MS · Member since 2019 · 83 posts · 85 votes
I believe quotes are a powerful tool. They provide a boost of quick knowledge and motivation. I would love to hear your favorites and why they are.
"Don't wait for the perfect opportunity: create it." -George Benard Shaw
I love this because it symbolizes the truth that nothing is going to be given it must be earned/taken. When I read it each day, I am naturally shifted into an action taking mindset.
Roseville Ca · Member since 2015 · 74 posts · 43 votes
7y
"Brick walls are in place to keep out those who really don't want what's on the other side. Those that do, will find a way over, under, around or through that wall." Something like that and I forgot who the originator was but I love it bc it helps you realize some will over come road blocks related to their hunger for what they're after and others will fail and or give up bc they really didn't want it as bad as they thought they did!
Those are great. What inspired you to come up with the first one?
The obvious shortness of life. Yesterday I was garage band jamming in HS and chasing girls. Today I'm gray, bald, overweight and arthritic. What the hell happened?
Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
7y
"The moment you accept responsibility for EVERYTHING in your life is the moment you gain the power to change ANYTHING in your life." - Hal Elrod
I send a quote of the day to 400 people. Feel free to reach out if you want to be added to the distribution list. Everyone is blind copied and I send nothing but a short quote.
Rental Property Investor · Ankeny, IA · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
7y
@Nathan Killebrew
“Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat”. Fortune Favors the Bold
It reminds me it’s ok to take risks and be bold. Go after what I want.
“If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done”. Too many people just want. Too few of people will do anything about it.
Hoboken, NJ · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 2 votes
7y
@Nathan Killebrew
My two favorite quotes are as follows:
“Champions are made when no one is looking”
-Coach Tim St. Lawrence
“If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”