Any Updates Planned For J Scott’s “Estimating Rehab Costs” Book?

Any Updates Planned For J Scott’s “Estimating Rehab Costs” Book?

Todd ChandlerPro Member
Realtor · Helen, GA · Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 11 votes

I read J Scott’s “Estimating Rehab Costs” book and I am about to read through it again.   Is there an updated version planned or a comparable book with updated numbers available?


0Reply
21 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andy SabischPro Member
    Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2021 · 657 posts · 559 votes
    3y
    To be honest, prices for material and services change constantly and any book will be outdated as soon as it hits the streets. I have found them to provide a roadmap so to speak and I do my own legwork to get local prices in my area (I am not a virtual investor).  A spreadsheet that contains what you see as the big ticket items in your area will serve you well to dial in what reno costs will be
  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Aloha,

    Actually, there is a source that includes quarterly pricing updates on regional materials, that in the past, I found very reasonably accurate.
    https://hometechonline.com/
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.