How do I find reputable flippers in my area?

How do I find reputable flippers in my area?

Fran PrattPro Member
New to Real Estate · Georgetown, TX (ATX area) · Member since 2023 · 25 posts · 17 votes

I'd like to connect with some experienced and reputable fix-and-flippers in my area who have a great track record of success. I'm interested in possibly partnering as a lender. But I don't personally have the knowledge, experience, or connections to feel confident flipping on my own. I'm in the ATX area but would be willing to work with folks as far away as San Antonio, Waco, and College Station. 

1Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y
Quote from @Fran Pratt:

I'd like to connect with some experienced and reputable fix-and-flippers in my area who have a great track record of success. I'm interested in possibly partnering as a lender. But I don't personally have the knowledge, experience, or connections to feel confident flipping on my own. I'm in the ATX area but would be willing to work with folks as far away as San Antonio, Waco, and College Station. 

Simple local forums 
See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Fran PrattPro Member
    OP
    New to Real Estate · Georgetown, TX (ATX area) · Member since 2023 · 25 posts · 17 votes
    3y

    update: I'm going to a local meetup on Thursday!

  • New to Real Estate · Texas Christian University · Member since 2022 · 118 posts · 56 votes
    3y

    Fran, hiring or possibly partnering with a fix-and-flipper can either hurt your pockets or fill them up. If I were in your position, I would first locate and purchase a property that has built in equity assuming profitable ARV. Once you have found the property start by quoting contractors or flippers. Be aware of zoning laws and building permits for these variables could cost your investment unnecessary time and resources. Before you decide on a contractor or flipper, create a contract that states when and how the rehab will be done. In your contract include clauses that state if the work is done by this specific date then... Or if the work is completed before the deadline then there will be an extra incentive. If the work is not completed by this date then there will be no pay... (Worst case scenario it will be decided by the judaical system) If you are paying cash for the investment great but if you are going to be taking out a loan then I would advise that you look into short term loans. Most flippers utilize a short term loan. Short term loans include higher interest payment but much lower principle compared to a long term loan. Hope this helps. Good luck!

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    If you have 7 figures plus to lend I work with the biggest flipper in Austin

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Fran Pratt:

    I'd like to connect with some experienced and reputable fix-and-flippers in my area who have a great track record of success. I'm interested in possibly partnering as a lender. But I don't personally have the knowledge, experience, or connections to feel confident flipping on my own. I'm in the ATX area but would be willing to work with folks as far away as San Antonio, Waco, and College Station. 

    Simple local forums 
  • Andy SabischPro Member
    Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2021 · 657 posts · 559 votes
    3y
    Find your local REIG as well as any in the areas you are interested in and network.  I have found that members are willing to help new comers if you approach them the right way.  You may find members that are willing to help teach you teh ropes on one of their projects or that can partner with you with you bringing cash to the table.  Either way, it will get you to know who is doing deals and what areas are hotter than others.  You will also learn who you can call on for work when you get your first flip as getting a solid contractor team is essential to success especially if you are going to farm most of the work out . . . . Good luck!
  • Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    Do your marketing to find a deal. THAT is what will get people's attention. When someone has a great deal that we are BOTH going to make money on, I get excited. If you go on MLS and find a house that is move in ready, market price minus 5k, not real excited.

    The house that needs some work, but also has some potential for rehab and 50k in profit to split, WINNER!!

    Find a deal and present it to your potential partner. My info is on my profile.

  • Bill J FayPro Member
    Lender · San Diego · Member since 2023 · 216 posts · 209 votes
    3y

    An underrated spot to find RE Investors is at the local foreclosure auctions. You will find many local investors looking to find deals. Especially if they are there to bid, you know they are committed. They should have other contacts in the space as well. 

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Find those REIAs in those areas

  • Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    First figure out what you can do for the person you want to partner with. Like @Rick Pozos said, bring them a smoking deal is a great way. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin Tx · Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    Hi there! Id be happy to chat with you, I work mainly with investors focused on fix and flip/ rentals or new contruction. 

    its great that you are going to a meetup! Exposing yourself and get to know everyone in the community is huge! 

  • Member since 2022 · 405 posts · 455 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Fran Pratt:

    update: I'm going to a local meetup on Thursday!


     Great idea. I have met many experienced flippers at local meetups here in ATX. 

  • John O'LearyPro Member
    Lender · Winter Park, FL · Member since 2021 · 737 posts · 412 votes
    3y

    Hey Fran,

    I'm in the Boardroom Mastermind ran by Kent Clothier. There are a few very large investors in our group from your area. DM me for more info.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.