Looking For Help Finding A Property To Flip In The Bay Area

Looking For Help Finding A Property To Flip In The Bay Area

Member since 2025 · 8 posts · 5 votes

I’m getting ready to start flipping properties in the Bay Area. My financing is already in place, and I have a trusted contractor lined up to handle renovations. The next—and most important—step is finding the right under-market property to purchase and flip.

I’d greatly appreciate any suggestions on effective ways to source good deals. I’m also very interested in connecting with local agents, wholesalers, or anyone who may have leads on potential properties.

Looking forward to connecting—thank you in advance for any guidance or introductions!

Best,
John Slegg

2Reply
146 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Peter MckernanBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Agent · Irvine, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @John Slegg:

    Two different ways to run it:

    1. Do your networking for deals from realtors, wholesalers, attorney's and CPAs. This is a longer time but lower marketing costs. If you are low on capital for marketing this is the route. 
    2. This is doing the marketing yourself (be your own wholesaler), but this takes a lot of marketing and would cost about $4k-10K a month and you need some lead time too. So you would need to wait till 90-120 days in to start getting consistent leads. You would need actual retained earnings/emergency fund to get this option going.

    Bonus: you could do 1 then get the momentum to going then push into doing your own marketing. 

    The McKernan Group4.957 Reviews
  • Member since 2025 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    1y

    Thank you so much for that really useful information. I appreciate it a great deal. Please let me know if you happen to know any wholesalers in the Bay Area that might be able to help me find a property.

  • Property Manager · Erie & Millscreek PA | Maggie Valley & Haywood County NC · Member since 2024 · 264 posts · 118 votes
    1y

    @John Slegg 

    Hey, awesome that you’ve got financing and a contractor locked that’s huge! For finding under-market deals in the Bay Area, I’d recommend:

    • Building relationships with local agents who specialize in distressed or off-market properties

    • Networking with wholesalers who often have leads before properties hit MLS

    • Checking out foreclosure and probate listings regularly

    • Using tools like PropStream or DealMachine to find motivated sellers

    Also, consider joining local real estate meetups or investor groups—great for connections and insider tips

    Good luck, you’re on the right track!

  • Member since 2025 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    1y

    Wow Benjamin, I really appreciate you taking the time to send me this very useful information. It is very kind of you. Please let me know if I can ever return the favor to you!

  • Investor · Bay Area · Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    2mo

    Hi @John Slegg I’d be happy to connect sometime! I’m an agent in the area looking to connect with investors. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.