Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
Hey guys,
I hope your all well.
Just thought I would post some before pics of a property we just purchased in Toledo, Ohio and are about to start renovating. Some of the work to be completed will include: interior and exterior paint, floorboard repairs, crawl space plumbing, kitchen and bathroom repairs, window repairs and new light fittings.
Modesto, CA · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 1 vote
12y
Looks like a nice house! Good luck!What area in toledo is his house in?
Engelo Rumora, I don't know well, I only know from what I've read. I'm actually from California and going out there to invest in the next few months. It's nice to people that are as excited about real estate as I am.
Looks like a nice house! Good luck!What area in toledo is his house in?
Thanks Gabriel,
It is a great deal.
Its in the 43615 zip code.
The property is surrounded by schools and mini shopping centers. It is also close to the University of Toledo Medical Center. There are a few apartment complexes East on Airport Highway which are a bit rougher but they are quite a bit away from the property.
Modesto, CA · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 1 vote
12y
Looks like a nice house! Good luck!What area in toledo is his house in?
Engelo Rumora, I don't know well, I only know from what I've read. I'm actually from California and going out there to invest in the next few months. It's nice to people that are as excited about real estate as I am.
East Helena, MT · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 1 vote
12y
@Engelo Rumora it looks good. I'm not sure if you have the same laws regarding asbestos removal but in California those popcorn ceilings would have to go and judging by the apparent age of the house they would probably require asbestos remediation by a licensed company. Did you price that in or are you going to leave the popcorn and just paint it?
Looks like a nice house! Good luck!What area in toledo is his house in?
Engelo Rumora, I don't know well, I only know from what I've read. I'm actually from California and going out there to invest in the next few months. It's nice to people that are as excited about real estate as I am.
Thanks Gabriel,
Feel free to look at my previous post and you will see that I described the area in a bit of detail.
I would consider it to be a B class area.
Feel free to connect if your in town as I would love to catch up for coffee.
@Engelo Rumora it looks good. I'm not sure if you have the same laws regarding asbestos removal but in California those popcorn ceilings would have to go and judging by the apparent age of the house they would probably require asbestos remediation by a licensed company. Did you price that in or are you going to leave the popcorn and just paint it?
Are you willing to share numbers on this one?
Thanks Karen.
We had our contractor come on site and did not raise this issue.
I will most definitely ask the question as it peaked my interest. We have a great crew and I believe they did not mention it as it did not need attention but I could be wrong.
Thanks for bringing this up.
We are looking at being into this property for in the low $30,000 range. We already have it sold and a tenant moving in at $750pm.
East Helena, MT · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 1 vote
12y
@Engelo Rumora ah, okay... well since it's already under contract to be off your hands soon and it didn't come up then you may not have to worry about it on this one.
It may be something you'd want to find out about for future buys though... I think the asbestos remediation stuff varies from state to state.
In California I had to get an "EPA Renovator Certification" to even sand and paint on our own apartment building units because they were pre-1972 construction (actually 1940's).
@Engelo Rumora ah, okay... well since it's already under contract to be off your hands soon and it didn't come up then you may not have to worry about it on this one.
It may be something you'd want to find out about for future buys though... I think the asbestos remediation stuff varies from state to state.
In California I had to get an "EPA Renovator Certification" to even sand and paint on our own apartment building units because they were pre-1972 construction (actually 1940's).
Thanks,
We would still make good if the asbestos is an issue.
Never sold s... property and I intend to start now lollol
Referrals and word of mouth is our source for lead generation so we must deliver a good product and after service.