Stainless vs Slate Appliances in new rehab?

Stainless vs Slate Appliances in new rehab?

Flipper/Rehabber · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

I need to order appliances for my latest rehab.  I've always used stainless, but GE has the slate appliances which I think look really nice and I'm thinking about getting them this time around.

The kitchen is a little dark, though, so I think stainless would help keep it looking bright (besides extra lighting).

Any opinions?

1Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor | Syndicator | Instructor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2008 · 435 posts · 198 votes
    11y

    @Larry Turowski 

    I have seen the slate appliances that you speak of and they are nice. But I do agree that stainless adds a lightening touch to the kitchen as they reflect light better. Without being in the kitchen, I think your gut call will be the correct one.

  • Real Estate Investor · Clovis, CA · Member since 2014 · 195 posts · 194 votes
    11y

    I'd go with stainless.  There may be things that are better or easier to care for but they don't have the same marketing appeal at this point. Imagine "brand new clean steel appliances" or "brand new slate appliances". I don't want to have to explain to every buyer why what I have is actually better than, or has advantages over the standard!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Mark Freeman excellent point. @Bill P. thanks for your input. I guess my gut is saying stainless. But I think slate is going to be the next big thing. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.