Next step in my RE adventure

Next step in my RE adventure

Investor · Texas/Colorado · Member since 2014 · 72 posts · 36 votes

Hello BP,

My mailers went out over the weekend, my Google Voice is set up, and my CRM is ready to go thanks to Jerry Puckett. I started with 400 and my intention is to ramp up each month over the course of the year. I am using mailers to try to find my first rehab. My intention is to wholesale anything that's a good lead but not a good fit for my real estate goals. I will keep everyone posted on my progress, my successes, and my mistakes...wish me luck.

5Reply
52 views

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Noblesville, IN · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 27 votes
    11y

    Keep giving us the updates, Carey.  It's helpful and interesting!

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 114 votes
    11y

    Hi Carey!

    Thank you for sharing this! All the best!

  • Investor · Texas/Colorado · Member since 2014 · 72 posts · 36 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the support everyone! So I had a few more calls that didn't really lead anywhere but did give me some great practice. I did have one call that was productive enough to make it worth going to their house. I scheduled the appointment for Wednesday (18th) and will update once it is over. The basics on the condo are as follows...

    1) 3/2/2 built in 1974. 

    2) Needs some updating and the seller gives it a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10 (learned this on Buy Sell Fix Flip podcast). 

    3) It is fully paid off.

    4) Smaller condos (2/2) in the area are selling for $55k. I am waiting for my agent friend to give me sold comps for the area.

    Regardless of what happens I look at this as an AMAZING opportunity to practice walking through a home with the owner and subtly encouraging them to critique it.  

    I love the BP podcast but I have learned far more real world things from the Buy Sell Fix Flip podcast by @Michael Quarles. I strongly encourage everyone to listen to it. The BP podcast pumps me up but the BSFF podcast feels like school. 

  • Investor · Texas/Colorado · Member since 2014 · 72 posts · 36 votes
    11y

    Mailed 400 and so far...

    8 Return to Sender

    10 Calls - 6 Dead, 2 working, 1 Follow up

    Not overly impressive numbers but still happy with the activity. I purchased 50 bandit signs and place 10 over the weekend. I am going to increase it to 20 next weekend. I put them out at 12 am Saturday and pulled them at 8pm Sunday. I lost three signs .

  • Investor · Broken Arrow, OK · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 20 votes
    10y

    @Carey Edmund any luck with this?  how did you generate your list based on the criteria?  did you use a specific website service?

  • Realtor® · Denton, TX · Member since 2015 · 46 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Carey Edmund:

    Got their voicemail so on to lead two.

    The property had a Century 21 sign in front of it so this is a dead lead. I am going to let her know that I only deal directly with sellers so I won't be able to purchase this property but to keep me in mind if she decides to sell another property in the future.  

    Hi Carey, I'm curious why working with an agent is dead in the water? Wouldn't this be the same as you Realtor friend giving you a lead out of MLS?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.