And She Cried When I Told Her She Had to Move....

And She Cried When I Told Her She Had to Move....

Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes

Plus she has little kids. I've always said people are happy in their own filth. 

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Springfield, OH · Member since 2014 · 104 posts · 63 votes
11y

I have a tenant who hasn't been clean since his wife died.  I think he'll be in there forever and will probably die in it.  Once in a while I pay my son to maintain the yard and check up on him.  I know it'll be a big job after he leaves but he's my most reliable payer.  So he stays and my son gets a side job.  :-)

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    How does anyone let it get that dirty?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @Dawn Anastasi

      Pretty standard from what I see in many pre rehab deals I fund.. I would say that is more common than not.

  • Chris K.Pro Member
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    11y

    Is that the reason you told her she had to move or was she not paying?

  • Real Estate Investor · Lansdowne, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 656 votes
    11y

    Geez, that's so gross! Maybe she just came from one of those mud-running obstacle course events @Aaron Mazzrillo I hear they are popular, quite fun and good exercise too :-). Its such a shame because some of the nicest mild mannered friendliest people with premium credit etc are the filthiest beings imaginable.... 

    Now that I'm in full body itch mode, thank you, that does resemble many of the vacants that I've seen. I'd cry hoarder but its not holding a tub / sink and piles of clothes, smh.  

    If you don't mind sharing what made you visit in the first place?

    Kudos,

    Mary

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    I blame the landlord. 

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @George P.:

    I blame the landlord. 

     Why ... no complimentary maid service?

  • Insurance Agent · AZ · Member since 2013 · 306 posts · 161 votes
    11y

    It's always sad to see stuff like this. Honestly, there are dollar stores EVERYWHERE. Cleanser (Ajax) is cheap! There is nothing but sheer laziness (unless they are in a full body cast) that could excuse something like that. Seriously! 

    You can buy all your cleaning products from the dollar store which means you can spend about $6 for: cleanser, sponges (two in a pack), a bucket, windex and bleach (cleansing spray), and toilet bowl cleaner; that pretty much will clean your entire house/apartment for a couple of months!

    I don't even LIKE dollar stores; however, I know they serve a purpose and when it comes to cleaning supplies they really can't be beat, unless you want to buy surplus amounts at Costco! Sigh...

  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    I recently bought the house to flip it. I gave her a 60 day last month. She moved out a month early which I thought was quite nice, so I had a chance to go by and look at it today. This isn't even the worst of it. Happy 4th! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Springfield, OH · Member since 2014 · 104 posts · 63 votes
    11y

    I have a tenant who hasn't been clean since his wife died.  I think he'll be in there forever and will probably die in it.  Once in a while I pay my son to maintain the yard and check up on him.  I know it'll be a big job after he leaves but he's my most reliable payer.  So he stays and my son gets a side job.  :-)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.