Install of a Full Air Conditioning System In House With None

Install of a Full Air Conditioning System In House With None

Real Estate Professional · O Fallon, IL · Member since 2015 · 59 posts · 9 votes

Hi,


I wanted to find out if anyone has a rule of thumb when estimating on the full install of a house that needs an air conditioning system in the house.  The house was built in the early 1900s and has the old octopus heater type system.  I wanted to find out to get a rough estimate before I get it under contract.  Yes I  know I will get a professional's estimate but any rule or thumbs or good estimates will help with my negotiaions.

Ken

0Reply
5 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cedar Park, TX · Member since 2015 · 377 posts · 200 votes
    11y

    we are in the middle of this right now.  For our 1000 sf home we have bids ranging from $6-10k.

  • Rental Property Investor · Bermuda Run, NC · Member since 2014 · 44 posts · 33 votes
    11y

    We had one put in from scratch. The home had an old boiler system running to baseboard heaters in every room. No vents. Through another investor's referral, we found an HVAC guy who also has rentals, so he knows exactly what we're trying to accomplish. He came in around $1500 cheaper than everyone else. He found a company giving 15% off these particular units & passed the savings on to us. He ran all the duct work & out the door, we paid $4600, which was an absolute steal. I believe you can bank on at least $5000-$6000, which is still very reasonable.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.