need a good handyman recommendation for Memphis Tn, 38128

need a good handyman recommendation for Memphis Tn, 38128

Investor · Chino Hills, CA · Member since 2009 · 95 posts · 12 votes

I have had some of the siding of my rental house blown off in the recent winds I need some one to give me a price to put about 11 siding boards back on the house and paint them to match the existing paint as best they can this is in the 38128 zip code

0Reply
10 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Alex CraigBusiness Member
    Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    being out of state, I would avoid hiring a unlicensed handy man unless he comes highly recommended by someone on Bigger Pockets or someone else that you trust. 

    This sounds like a 3 to 4 hour job. Licensed PM company with workers comp and general liability should do it for somewhere in the ball park of $50 for the first hour and $45 for each additional hour plus cost of materials. $175 to $200 labor not out of question.  You can find out material cost simple by going online.  

    Unlicensed PM company could do for $125. Don't get me started with all the risk you inherit by going this route. 

  • Investor · Chino Hills, CA · Member since 2009 · 95 posts · 12 votes
    10y

    Hi Alex so you are saying i could get it done for around $200 can you recomend some one to do it for that price

  • Investor · Chino Hills, CA · Member since 2009 · 95 posts · 12 votes
    10y

    @alexGraig

  • Investor · Chino Hills, CA · Member since 2009 · 95 posts · 12 votes
    10y

    how do you make that @Alex Craig show up as a link

  • Rental Property Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2015 · 203 posts · 135 votes
    10y
    Rob Smith PM me. I'll give you the name / number of the contractor I use in Memphis.
  • Alex CraigBusiness Member
    Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    I am saying $200 in labor. That is what I would get it done for. I own a PM company and that is my in house guys doing it. It sounds like James Martin is saying the same thing as he in including labor and materials. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.