Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2014 · 151 posts · 37 votes
Hey guys. I'm currently using REI Guard as an insurance company but I feel like I could be paying a little less. Can anyone recommend what companies they like to use?
Insurance Agent · Nationwide · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
@John Ma The other most common insurance carriers who can write a policy for vacant/rehabs are Zurich (US Assure) & Foremost (Farmers). Most independant agents will be able to provide both options.
The main difference these options have compared to the REI Guard product is that you will buy a separate policy for each location.
Rental Property Investor · Providence, RI · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 594 votes
9y
You are generally going to need what is called a builder' risk policy when doing work on an unoccupied property. A number of carriers provide this type of coverage, and if you have an agent that you are working with, they can generally provide a recommendation with a company that they have an established relationship with.