Anyone used CliqStudios for Cabinets?

Anyone used CliqStudios for Cabinets?

Tacoma, WA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 18 votes

Hey all,

Does anyone have experience using CliqStudios.com for cabinets? These are plywood cabinets made from wood grown in the US (depending on the wood type), fabricated in China, assembled in the US, and require a 5 week lead time. 

I am doing mid-high grade rehab on my primary residence and have the flexibility for the long lead time & consequences for delay if cabinets are damaged in shipping (requiring another 5 week lead time to replace). Cliq has been excellent in the design process, and the samples I ordered are high quality. Houzz has great reviews (maybe too great...), and all other internet reviews I've found talk poorly only about the shipping/replacement time. The price blows all quotes I have gotten locally out of the water, and they come in similarly to RTA cabinets.

Let me know what your experience has been. Thanks!

0Reply
329 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Meridian, ID · Member since 2015 · 72 posts · 21 votes
9y

Hi Annie, these are Cliq Studious cabinets in our latest rehab. They were great to work with and we are satisfied with the quality for the price we paid. We went with the Rockford line which I believe is the base line and they are still solid wood/soft close cabinets and drawers. Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 117 posts · 39 votes
    9y
    I have installed Cliq cabinets for a client. The clients were pleased with them and I thought they were of good quality. Check out this company that my flipper clients buy from. It is called Aline International. You can purchase assembled or in a box not assembled. They are a wholesaler and don't sell to general public. Same quality as Cliq (made in China) but they offer no design service. They are approximately half the price of others.
  • Tacoma, WA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 18 votes
    9y

    Thank you, @Account Closed. I will check them out!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Meridian, ID · Member since 2015 · 72 posts · 21 votes
    9y

    Hi Annie, these are Cliq Studious cabinets in our latest rehab. They were great to work with and we are satisfied with the quality for the price we paid. We went with the Rockford line which I believe is the base line and they are still solid wood/soft close cabinets and drawers. Good luck!

  • Metuchen, NJ · Member since 2015 · 374 posts · 27 votes
    9y
    Ethan Perry what price point was this rehab at? Just wondering if cliq would work for my need. Cabinets all came assembles? Many thanks.
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Meridian, ID · Member since 2015 · 72 posts · 21 votes
    9y

    Ben, this house is under contract for 375k. This is the middle of the market in my area. If your at a higher price point you might want to bump up to some of their higher end lines. 

    Check with your local kitchen/granite spots before you pull the trigger though. I was able to get a much better deal on cabinets when combining it with my granite purchase for our next deal. What's cool is you can take the mockup Cliq gives you with the measurements on it to the local guy to get an accurate quote fairly quickly.

    The Cliq cabinets come fully assembled and are solid wood soft close. The ones I bought for the next deal are as well, just want to make sure you're comparing apples to apples.

  • Metuchen, NJ · Member since 2015 · 374 posts · 27 votes
    9y
    Ethan Perry my local cabinet person is trying to sell me Fabuwood cabinets (for the same price as Cliq) and it just feels like such junk...
  • Metuchen, NJ · Member since 2015 · 374 posts · 27 votes
    9y
    Annie Graeter did you end up going with Cliq? If so, how did it work out?
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Meridian, ID · Member since 2015 · 72 posts · 21 votes
    9y

    @Ben C. sounds like you should go with Cliq then. The experience was great and they're good quality cabinets. I was just saying you should do your due diligence which it sounds like you have. Good luck!

  • Acworth, GA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    9y
    Hi Annie, My wife and I just remodeled our kitchen and considered cabinets-to-go; clown studios; and some local cabinet companies. We ended up going with a company based in Pennsylvania, named Conestoga. We are in Atlanta. We chose them via a reseller because they offered custom sizes, painted or not, soft close, etc and it is solid wood-not pressed board. They came RTA and it only took my 23 year old daughter a couple of days to assemble and a couple of days to install. Neither one of us has any prior experience with this kind of stuff. The price was very reasonable. Will be glad to provide pictures, if interested.
  • Acworth, GA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    9y
    My previous posts it should have said cliq and not clown...sorry
  • Metuchen, NJ · Member since 2015 · 374 posts · 27 votes
    9y
    Ethan Perry I will reach out. So you stated you don't use them anymore as you got a better deal? Where did you purchase your cabinets if that's the case? Many thanks and happy investing.
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Meridian, ID · Member since 2015 · 72 posts · 21 votes
    9y

    @Ben C. I'm not saying I wouldn't use them again, I probably will. I'm just not using them for my next deal because my local granite guy was able to include cabinets in a kitchen package at a great deal. 

    Nothing against Cliq, just got a better deal locally is all. 

  • Tacoma, WA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 18 votes
    9y

    Hey all, thanks for your input.

    @Ethan Perry the kitchen looks great, nice job!

    @Ben C.- Cliq cabinets come fully assembled. They have a range of price points: white and linen colored cabinets are the cheapest. Maple and Cherry are where they really soar above competitors. Their painted cabinets (other than white/linen) are very expensive. They do not do custom colors.

    I have not yet ordered cabinets, as we are held up by our flooring guy who decided to go climb Denali... But, we are planning on ordering through Cliq: the Dayton line in Cherry Russet, which is one of their higher end lines. Even when combining with counters, the local stores could not come close to the price when matching apples to apples. And Cliq has no shipping (for orders over $2,500) and no sales tax. Being that we are in Pierce County in Washington State, that saves us 10.1%

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @David Haygood:

    Hi Annie,

    My wife and I just remodeled our kitchen and considered cabinets-to-go; clown studios; and some local cabinet companies. We ended up going with a company based in Pennsylvania, named Conestoga. We are in Atlanta. We chose them via a reseller because they offered custom sizes, painted or not, soft close, etc and it is solid wood-not pressed board. They came RTA and it only took my 23 year old daughter a couple of days to assemble and a couple of days to install. Neither one of us has any prior experience with this kind of stuff. The price was very reasonable. Will be glad to provide pictures, if interested.

    A few kitchen cabinet sources come up with a Google search for "Conestoga kitchen cabinets" - so can you be more specific by giving more of the company's name? Pictures would be nice too. Thanks!

  • Metuchen, NJ · Member since 2015 · 374 posts · 27 votes
    9y
    Ethan Perry it is my understanding that it is really Chinese cabinets with the attempt to market it as made in the USA (simply assembled in the USA).
  • Acworth, GA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    @Steve Babiak - Below are a few pics.  The Conestoga sells through resellers, here are a couple:  CabinetAuthority.com and CabinetJoint.com.  

  • Contractor · Grass Valley, CA · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    I am a newbie on Bigger Pockets and do not want to overstep the boundaries, so please let me know if I do. I am a home builder in Northern California, but also Supply cabinets. We specialize with working with contractors and investors and do a cash back incentive program for such on our cabinet lines. If there's anything I can do to help any of you out, please let me know!

  • Colleen F.Pro Member
    Investor · Narragansett, RI · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y
    We used clique studios a few years back and they were great. delivery was furniture style not on the pallet. there was one incorrect size but it was a packing error not the order and quickly corrected. A 21 inch cabinet instead of a 12 inch wall. No difficulty to correct and they have held up well to my student renters.
  • Tacoma, WA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    Here's an update on the Cliq cabinets now that we've finished the kitchen remodel and they've been in use for a few months.

    Overall, we are happy with the quality of the cabinets. But, the process of getting them was a major hassle that set our timeline back 4 weeks.

    Pros: High quality at a low price. The design process was easy and their designers are great and willing to go through several design drafts (I worked with Bill Hoeppner). They e-mail you a cabinet call out that you can take to local shops to compare prices. Cabinets come fully assembled, making install easy. Two pieces were warped, a door and a piece of crown, but those were quickly replaced after filing a claim online.

    Cons: Their post order customer service is terrible. Initial delivery was missing 3 cabinets. I thought it was a delivery error, but when I called Cliq, they told me they had intentionally shipped an incomplete order, and that the 3 missing cabinets were "somewhere in production." Customer service folks are not physically at the assembly factory, so they said there was no way to check where the missing cabinets were in production. Factory folks do not man the phones to answer any questions. Thus, I was never able to get a delivery date estimate- would it be 1 week or 1 month? No follow up communication. I had to call every few days to get an update, which was that they didn't know how long it would be. This kept our project in limbo and delayed for 4 weeks. 

    Timeline: 

    Design process- if you know what you want, designer can get it done in 1-3 days

    Order to initial delivery (Washington State)- 4 weeks

    Missing cabinet claim to delivery of all cabinets- 4 weeks

     Total time from order to complete delivery- 8 weeks

  • Tacoma, WA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    @Tom Majewski one piece of feedback for Cliq: improve post order communication and customer service. Send an e-mail along with the shipping notice informing customers if an order is not complete. That small and simple piece of information would have saved so much headache and time for both myself and your customer service department. During the process, even an occasional e-mail from customer service with "we're working on it" would be appreciated.

  • Investor / Lender · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 730 votes
    8y

    @Annie G.

    How do the prices of the CliqStudios cabinets compare to Chinese shops like L&D Kitchen and Bath in Tacoma or the handful of ones in the SODO area of Seattle?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Crown Point, IN · Member since 2009 · 482 posts · 216 votes
    8y

    Annie,

     I was very surprised at Tom's response. It seemed to be very honest and forthcoming. Most people would just write down a bunch of "BS" and call it a day. But I have to give him credit, for pointing out the companies shortcomings, instead of the "BS."  I'm not sure that helps you with the extra time you spent, but I give him credit! By the way, I have no affiliation with his company. Best of luck to all.

  • Tacoma, WA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    @Nghi Le L&D came in about 10% cheaper for the same layout, but the quality of the Cliq cabinets is far superior to the ones that L&D had in their Tacoma showroom. Tight dovetail joints and soft- close hinges. 

  • Tacoma, WA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    @Tom Majewski Thank you for the thoughtful response and the follow up e-mail. It's good to hear that things have stabilized, because I really am happy with the quality of the cabinets! Cheers to you, and I look forward to another Cliq partnership in the future.

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    I JUST RECEIVED DOOR SAMPLES, IS THE FINISH ON THEM. WHAT I SHOULD EXSPECT ON THE FINISHED PRODUCT ? HAVE ANY OF YOU ORDERED SAMPLES AND THE CABINETS.?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.