• Oakland, CA
Votes |
Ballpark cost for full gut rehab

Simon Stahl
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oakland, CA
Posted Jun 26 2017, 21:56

Hi everyone

I think I have pretty much figured out how to estimate the costs of a light to moderate rehab. What I don't know right now is how to estimate a full gut rehab. I am not looking for an exact number, only a ballpark figure. I will definitely go there with a contractor and get a proper estimate when the time is right, but right now a rough number will do.

I am looking at a two story house in Vallejo, CA that will need to be fully gutted. I would say the outside walls are OK as are the sidings and the roof. The inside will need to be completely redone, including a complete layout change. No wall would stay at the same spot. The house has two floors, is about 1,200 square feet and stands on a concrete slab which partially had to be jacked up for the new plumbing. At the end it would have 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms which is one bathroom more than it has now. Cheap to medium material quality.

Anyone willing to throw in a guestimate? Are we talking close to $80k? $100k? $120K? Any input is appreciated

Simon

Loading replies...