• Investor
  • Kalispell, MT
Votes |
Home Depot Credit Cards for Flipping?

Garrett Maki
  • Investor
  • Kalispell, MT
Posted Nov 21 2017, 10:13

Hello fellow BP members! I have recently been looking into purchasing a property to flip, using private money to fund the purchase of the property. I plan to buy something that is in need of a moderate rehab, doing things such as flooring, painting, interior trim, appliances, etc. I am a contractor, and would likely be doing some of the work myself, to help stay busy during the slow winter months here in Eastern Washington. 

I have some cash savings that I am able to invest into the rehab of this project, but have also been looking into using home depot credit cards or their "Project Loan" that they offer. My thoughts are that if I use the credit cards or project loan, I will be able to mix them with some of my current cash savings so that I can afford to do a larger rehab on the property that I purchase. I would be keeping some of my cash savings to ensure that if I cannot flip this house on schedule, I will be able to pay off a good portion of the credit and be able to turn it into a rental if necessary. 

My question is, has anyone had this similar experience with credit cards or project loans? And what have others experienced when they use a mix of their cash savings and credit cards to fund a rehab project on a flip? 

I appreciate all the feedback, and best of luck to you all in your investing!

Thanks!!

-Garrett

Loading replies...