Brand new to this and need all the advice I can get!

Brand new to this and need all the advice I can get!

Flipper/Rehabber · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes

Hello!!!

I am 44 and recently relocated to San Antonio. I am realizing the potential from the real estate market here which is very different from where I come from in small town Iowa. I am very interested in real estate investing but very overwhelmed with all of the info. I've read about wholesaling, hard money lending, rehab and flipping.. I have a close friend who is my realtor and she is also pursuing this but I'm just curious. I have been watching podcasts and reading a ton of info but I'm overwhelmed. Does anyone have a recommendation for narrowing down the opportunities just starting out? Any info is welcome! Thank you!!

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2017 · 126 posts · 67 votes
7y

Hello Nikki!

It's good to have a general understanding of multiple ways you can make money in real estate. However, I would say it would be best to narrow your focus and dive in deep to a certain aspect of investing. As they say, the riches are in the nitches. Study your market to find what strategy would work best for you because not all strategies work in all areas. It is great you have a friend that is an agent because you could have them set you up on an email alert when properties come onto the market and you could analyze these deals and get a better understanding of the market. Local meet ups would be a great way to find out what other people are doing and help get an idea of what works in your area. Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2017 · 126 posts · 67 votes
    7y

    Hello Nikki!

    It's good to have a general understanding of multiple ways you can make money in real estate. However, I would say it would be best to narrow your focus and dive in deep to a certain aspect of investing. As they say, the riches are in the nitches. Study your market to find what strategy would work best for you because not all strategies work in all areas. It is great you have a friend that is an agent because you could have them set you up on an email alert when properties come onto the market and you could analyze these deals and get a better understanding of the market. Local meet ups would be a great way to find out what other people are doing and help get an idea of what works in your area. Good luck!

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    Hi Nikki,

    Go to Real Estate meetups in the area and just ask a lot of questions and make some new friends.

    San Antonio is a GREAT town. Lots of good restaurants, good people, and the river walk.

    Good Luck!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Spencer Abeyta thank you!! Great info!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Scott Mac thank you!!

  • Ryan BlakePro Member
    Lender · TX · Member since 2018 · 936 posts · 713 votes
    7y

    @Nikki Keith If you have any questions regarding hard money, post them here. I can help answer as I have both been a lender and a borrower.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.