House Flipping: Kelowna, British Columbia

House Flipping: Kelowna, British Columbia

Tyler VolkPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 3 votes

Hey BP!!

Looking to meet up with local flippers in the Kelowna, British Columbia Canada area. Lots of potential for good profits form what I have researched, hoping to meet some like minded people. If your in the Kelowna or Okanagan Region reach out lets find some deals.

1Reply
156 views

Most Popular Reply

Kelowna, BC · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 3 votes
7y

@Julie Toh The Kelowna market is tricky, although you have to just keep your eyes open for the in fill lots that are zoned RU6, RU7, or RM. The Duplex (must be zoned RU6 or RU7) and for Multi-family dwelling (must be zoned RM). There are a lot of older homes that will come up for sale in these areas and  if there is only a single family unit on the property then you can make value with a carriage house addition etc. 

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kelowna, BC · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Hi Tyler, 

    I'm also located in Kelowna, I was also looking to meet up with some other investors in Kelowna. I'm more so into the buying and holding method. But would be great if we could try and get a group together to discuss!

  • Specialist · Mortgage Broker Canada · Member since 2015 · 316 posts · 118 votes
    7y

    @Tyler Volk @Marco Molinari I'm still looking for an investment property in Kelowna for buy and hold long term. Where are the flips?

  • Kelowna, BC · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Julie Toh The Kelowna market is tricky, although you have to just keep your eyes open for the in fill lots that are zoned RU6, RU7, or RM. The Duplex (must be zoned RU6 or RU7) and for Multi-family dwelling (must be zoned RM). There are a lot of older homes that will come up for sale in these areas and  if there is only a single family unit on the property then you can make value with a carriage house addition etc. 

  • Specialist · Kelowna, BC · Member since 2018 · 34 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    @Tyler Volk i am in Kelowna as well

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Hello I’m local To Vernon, Salmon Arm and Kelowna (looking to expand into Kamloops)

    Iam a novice Investor but have been learning about REI and following the Market for the past 3 years. I have been in the construction industry for 15 years now mainly Carpentry and Drywall. Currently well invested into real estate coaches who I'm working with .

    My efforts have been mainly focused in Vernon and Salmon Arm so far. I’m a member of Oreig (Okanagan Real Estate Investment Group) in Kelowna.

    I have been focusing on generating private leads through We buy Houses Signs (Vernon and Salmon Arm mostly with a few near Kelowna) yellow letters and some postcards.

    Iam also looking for flips very actively and also looking to grow my network since there's a decent amount of private leads that I get that don't work for flips but may work for the BRRR method or some kind of Buy and Hold strategy .

    Recent action, includes wholesaling a property in salmon arm 

    ARV 410,000

    Reno’s 100,000-140,000 (verified by quotes)

    The investor purchased this place with all my fees for 220,000

    He’s actually renoing it for less since it’s for renters and I was planning on flipping it 

    Reach out to me let’s connect 

  • Real Estate Broker · Kelowna, BC · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    @Tyler Volk

    Hey! I live in Kelowna and own a Buy and Hold a single family here!!! I’m looking on getting another one and going bigger. Let’s connect!

  • Real Estate Broker · Kelowna, BC · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    @Marco Molinari

    Hey Marco I live in Kelowna too! My goals are Buy and Hold for Cash flow. I own a single family here. Let’s connect!

  • Real Estate Broker · Kelowna, BC · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    @Julie Toh

    Love to see you have your eyes on Kelowna Julie!!!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Yea I just got on this platform today, so just a matter of getting used to it and reaching out to locals 

  • Rental Property Investor · Kelowna, British Columbia · Member since 2015 · 136 posts · 54 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP @Sean Nelson ! 

    How’s the response with your signs and postcards in the Northern Okanagan ? 

    Cheers

    Edison 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Signs are OK not much action currently, I've revised the design and have to get more out, Post cards not a lot of return-the best is simple yellow letters, launching a website near the end of the month.

    what have you used for marketing? 

    @Edison Reis

  • Rental Property Investor · Kelowna, British Columbia · Member since 2015 · 136 posts · 54 votes
    7y

    Thanks for the feedback @Sean Nelson ! Nice to connect. 

    We have a FB website but because I am not seeking JV's at the moment (our rentals were self financed) we haven't gone full out yet.

    I am getting close to buy another property in the Victoria area but after that we will start pursuing partners to increase our portfolio. (I want to make sure our system is tested and effective before ask for OPM which would increase our conversion rate and results) 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Kelowna, BC · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Sean Nelson there is a wholesale market here? I am new and am looking to flip. When I listen to the BP podcast I am not clear what constructs are US only. I assumed wholesale properties were. How do I find out more about this? I live in Kelowna and plan to flip here.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    @Saskia Battersby

    Yea there is a way to whole in BC you just have to do it properly.

    And it’s difficult to find private off market deals but it can be done.

    It would be beat for us to connect sometime this week Feel free to PM me

  • Investor · Vancouver · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    I'm Wayne from Vancouver, and looking to invest in the Okanagan area. I'd love to connect with other investors in the area! 

  • Developer · Surrey, BC · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Loved reading this thread. I am in Kelowna working as a community planner with a background in architecture. Ping me if you believe I can help you in any way at all.

  • Rental Property Investor · Winnipeg, MB · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Tyler Volk

    Hey Tyler

    You still looking to flip in Kelowna?

  • Tyler VolkPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Jason Haddad

    Hey, I am currently on the hunt for properties that could potentially have carriage homes or convert the basement into suites. I feel that’s one of the better methods to brrrr in this market. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Winnipeg, MB · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Tyler Volk

    Does anyone have any contact info for sub contractors? I'm looking for all kinds of subtrade as I'm doing a reno on my home in personal Kelowna. Moving from Winnipeg. Thanks!

  • Contractor · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Jason Haddad

    Landscape/Hardscaper from Fraser Valley if you have any of that needing taken care of. Have various trade experience as well. In laws are on penticton so easy for me to come up for the odd job 👍🏼

  • Rental Property Investor · Winnipeg, MB · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Tyler Volkswagen Tyler I'm in Kelowna let's meet up!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Kelowna, BC · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Jason HaddadHey Jason let's connect if you're interested in partnering up!

  • Rental Property Investor · Winnipeg, MB · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Hayden Miller

    Let's connect! I have ideas I'd like to run by you. Text me at +12048984444

  • Rental Property Investor · Winnipeg, MB · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Jason Haddad

    I buying land and I'm looking for a builder to partner with. Is Anya builder or have a contractors license that would be interested in talking?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.