Are you still actively buying mortgage notes

Are you still actively buying mortgage notes

Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
Moderator
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes

I am just curious to reach out to people on BP and seeing who is actively buying and selling notes

Have not seen a lot of activity on the page so just curious.

7e investments53 Reviews
0Reply
151 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Westlake Village, CA · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 781 votes
3y

I buy most of my notes direct from seller carry and inherited private notes

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Jack Pinard

    Send me a PM and I can send you my resource guide - it doesn’t format correctly when I put it in here

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Joe Daigle

    Seeing a lot of overpriced assets with a lot of collateral issues.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Note Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2011 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    Yes, I have been buying notes for 21 years through Seascape Capital.

  • NJ · Member since 2023 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    How do you go about buying Notes?

  • Specialist · Frederick, MD · Member since 2017 · 474 posts · 454 votes
    2y

    Busy, busy busy... I buy seller-financed notes and installment contracts nationwide. 

    2024 has been my most active year to date.

    I absolutely love working with mom-and-pop sellers. Most have created only one note or contract. That means when they reach out to me, they've never sold one. I love the opportunity to hear their stories, help them solve whatever problem they're solving, or, many times, simply move on in some way in their lives. 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Marco Bario:

    Busy, busy busy... I buy seller-financed notes and installment contracts nationwide. 

    2024 has been my most active year to date.

    I absolutely love working with mom-and-pop sellers. Most have created only one note or contract. That means when they reach out to me, they've never sold one. I love the opportunity to hear their stories, help them solve whatever problem they're solving, or, many times, simply move on in some way in their lives. 


     I agree. 2024 we have been slammed as well. I think people need to realize, if they are not going to go hunt for their own food and have it served to them, then they will pay more, just like going to a restaurant - so expecting 11%+ for someone to find the deal is still around, but expectations should be lower. If those do not work then go buy a rental that does not cash flow. :) 

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Specialist · Frederick, MD · Member since 2017 · 474 posts · 454 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Marco Bario:

    Busy, busy busy... I buy seller-financed notes and installment contracts nationwide. 

    2024 has been my most active year to date.

    I absolutely love working with mom-and-pop sellers. Most have created only one note or contract. That means when they reach out to me, they've never sold one. I love the opportunity to hear their stories, help them solve whatever problem they're solving, or, many times, simply move on in some way in their lives. 


     I agree. 2024 we have been slammed as well. I think people need to realize, if they are not going to go hunt for their own food and have it served to them, then they will pay more, just like going to a restaurant - so expecting 11%+ for someone to find the deal is still around, but expectations should be lower. If those do not work then go buy a rental that does not cash flow. :) 


    That's true, Chris. 

  • Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 9 votes
    2y

    I am looking for the same. I just set up a self-directed IRA Roth account. Very interested in this.

  • Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Marco Bario:

    Busy, busy busy... I buy seller-financed notes and installment contracts nationwide. 

    2024 has been my most active year to date.

    I absolutely love working with mom-and-pop sellers. Most have created only one note or contract. That means when they reach out to me, they've never sold one. I love the opportunity to hear their stories, help them solve whatever problem they're solving, or, many times, simply move on in some way in their lives. 


     Excellent. Where do you find sellers of notes? Any links to threads on how to find, price and close on these? How often have you had to foreclose on a D-T? Any interesting stories? 

  • Specialist · Frederick, MD · Member since 2017 · 474 posts · 454 votes
    2y

    @Devin Basile -

    Seller-financed notes (and contracts... usually) are recorded like any other mortgage or deed of trust. And just like those who market to homeowners by purchasing lists filtered with various criteria, you can do this with seller-held notes. 

    You can also use online marketing methods, networking, etc.

    Yes, I've had to foreclose. In my experience, if performing seller-financed debt is going to stop performing, it will do so immediately when you buy it. I've had that happen twice. 

    Lots of great and amazing stories. Every note has people attached, and for that reason, each is unique.

  • Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Marco Bario:

    @Devin Basile -

    Seller-financed notes (and contracts... usually) are recorded like any other mortgage or deed of trust. And just like those who market to homeowners by purchasing lists filtered with various criteria, you can do this with seller-held notes. 

    You can also use online marketing methods, networking, etc.

    Yes, I've had to foreclose. In my experience, if performing seller-financed debt is going to stop performing, it will do so immediately when you buy it. I've had that happen twice. 

    Lots of great and amazing stories. Every note has people attached, and for that reason, each is unique.


     Marco, great insight here. Much appreciated. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.