Are you still actively buying mortgage notes

Are you still actively buying mortgage notes

Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
Moderator
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes

I am just curious to reach out to people on BP and seeing who is actively buying and selling notes

Have not seen a lot of activity on the page so just curious.

7e investments53 Reviews
0Reply
161 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Westlake Village, CA · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 781 votes
3y

I buy most of my notes direct from seller carry and inherited private notes

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    I've recently setup a Self-Directed IRA with Quest - just funded and am looking to start!

    I tried looking at Paperstac, but it seems like a better move would be to connect with veterans in the space first. I'm not quite sure, I've looked into your service - and was wondering if there are any networking opportunities that come with investing with 7E?

  • Specialist · Westlake Village, CA · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 781 votes
    3y

    I buy most of my notes direct from seller carry and inherited private notes

  • Specialist · Westlake Village, CA · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 781 votes
    3y

    I buy most of my notes direct from seller carry and inherited private notes

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    3y

    I can make way more money on other deals than any Note.

  • Investor · Seatac, WA · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 121 votes
    3y

    I'm still buying!

  • Real Estate Professional · Mansfield, MA · Member since 2012 · 74 posts · 28 votes
    3y

    I'm still here and buying!

  • Jay ReddingPro Member
    Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2010 · 90 posts · 81 votes
    3y

    I am still buying!

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    I'm out there still buying!

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Andrew Chang:

    I've recently setup a Self-Directed IRA with Quest - just funded and am looking to start!

    I tried looking at Paperstac, but it seems like a better move would be to connect with veterans in the space first. I'm not quite sure, I've looked into your service - and was wondering if there are any networking opportunities that come with investing with 7E?


     Feel free to send me a PM so I can understand what your needs are

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Investor · Baltimore County, MD · Member since 2014 · 466 posts · 439 votes
    3y

    Yes, should be closing on a pool within the next 10 days. 

  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @John Underwood:

    I can make way more money on other deals than any Note.


    As an active investor or as a passive investor? Also, how does the level of risk on your other deals compare with the level of risk on a low LTV note? We are always concerned with ‘risk adjusted' return, rather than pure LOI. For my own portfolio diversification I want investments on the risk spectrum, some high risk, some medium risk, many low risk. People who invest with us mostly want low risk, although we do have some "special situation" investments for investors wanting medium or higher risk higher returns.
    ‘That being said, it is possible to find, or more likely "create" high ROI low risk investments. You don't find these advertised as being low risk 20% return, LOL. These are situations where an individual investors knowledge, experience and expertise provide a unique advantage over the universe of other investors competing for "great" deals. Usually found within a niche - like industrial property reuse outside of Pittsburgh, or shopping center conversion to self storage.

    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    3y

    I make all my stuff near passive, even for LTR'S that I have bought for pennies on the dollar. Heck I've had 2 houses given to me just for the asking. Infinite return.

    I have systems in place and people to deal with issues. 

    I don't have to get out of bed if I don't want to.

  • Specialist · Frederick, MD · Member since 2017 · 475 posts · 454 votes
    3y

    Absolutely. 

    I closed on the purchase of a seller financed note last week. I was direct to the seller/originator. If all goes well, I'll have another under contract this week.

  • Investor · Atlanta GA · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 20 votes
    3y

    Yep, still buying (when I have the money..)

  • Member since 2020 · 69 posts · 21 votes
    3y

    We are still buying when there’s something worth it. But you’d better be careful—there’s a lot of problems being dumped on the market. 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Joe Daigle

    OMG over the past month their has been a ton of JUNK. We had dozen assets under agreement and we hope to close on 1 from one seller as the properties were awful. They also wanted top dollar and have no pay histories, vacant abandoned properties….

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Although q4 was our biggest purchasing quarter of 2022, we’re in a bit of a defensive buying strategy with NPLs at the moment. There are still likely a couple (smaller) rate hikes to occur and then quite possibly plateau for the next 12-24 months.

    Not sure how this will impact the individual retail buyer. We do however expect the second half of this year to really pick up in terms of trades.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Dave Van Horn

    Congratulations!! I saw your corporate announcement.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Thanks @Chris Seveney! Much appreciated.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2008 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    Are buying notes the same as subject to deals?

  • Member since 2020 · 69 posts · 21 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:

    @Joe Daigle

    OMG over the past month their has been a ton of JUNK. We had dozen assets under agreement and we hope to close on 1 from one seller as the properties were awful. They also wanted top dollar and have no pay histories, vacant abandoned properties….


  • Member since 2020 · 69 posts · 21 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joe Daigle:
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:

    @Joe Daigle

    OMG over the past month their has been a ton of JUNK. We had dozen assets under agreement and we hope to close on 1 from one seller as the properties were awful. They also wanted top dollar and have no pay histories, vacant abandoned properties….

    Chris, now that you've confirmed it. I know it's true. Being that you are by far seeing more paper than me. We only buy performing first position. And the saying should be " let the garbage roll." But that's to be expected—-it's also happening in the SFR market.



  • Specialist · Frederick, MD · Member since 2017 · 475 posts · 454 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Shawn L.:

    Are buying notes the same as subject to deals?

    Investors buying real estate "subject to" take title to real property subject to an existing mortgage. Following the closing, the investor makes payments as they come due to the mortgage servicer.

    Note investors buy debt secured by real estate. Any payments made are due to and received by the note investor. 

  • Flipper · Dunstable, MA · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    I too have recently opened a SD Roth with Quest and I'm actively looking to get educated on buying discounted notes. Any recommendations would be welcome!

  • Flipper · Dunstable, MA · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    I too have recently opened a SD Roth with Quest and I'm actively looking to get educated on buying discounted notes. Any recommendations would be welcome!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.