Hi! I'm going to first tax auction next week. Online through gov ease for Texas - McLennan county. Would love your tips and tricks (also day 1 on bigger pockets). Do you know any realtors there?
Hi! I'm going to first tax auction next week. Online through gov ease for Texas - McLennan county. Would love your tips and tricks (also day 1 on bigger pockets). Do you know any realtors there?
I have bought from MVBA tax sales before and you can call their lawyers and ask questions about a particular property before the sale too. They just started using gov ease.
Investor · Clearwater, FL · Member since 2025 · 225 posts · 78 votes
7mo
Being someone who participated in auctions in both Florida and Georgia, I would recommend to have a due deligemce step to make sure you visit the property and take pics and take notes on neighborhood. The final
List may be smaller than the one published as people redeem. Good Luck!!
Hinton, WV · Member since 2026 · 1k+ posts · 373 votes
7mo
Nice timing jumping in! One thing most people miss at tax auctions: research the redemption period first - Texas gives property owners 6 months to 2 years to buy back depending on if it's homestead. Also McLennan County specifically requires certified funds within 30 minutes of winning, so have that cashier's check ready before you even bid. What's your target buy percentage of tax assessed value?
Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
7mo
1) Know the rules and how they affect your costs and returns.
2) Know exactly what you are bidding on. Many time worthless strips of land are sold at these auctions.
3) Know the true value of the property. The assessed value may not be close to the true value. A vacant lot may be unbuildable, A building may be in terrible condition. Not all deeds are worth bidding on at all.
Hi! I'm going to first tax auction next week. Online through gov ease for Texas - McLennan county. Would love your tips and tricks (also day 1 on bigger pockets). Do you know any realtors there?
I have bought from MVBA tax sales before and you can call their lawyers and ask questions about a particular property before the sale too. They just started using gov ease.
Hi! I'm going to first tax auction next week. Online through gov ease for Texas - McLennan county. Would love your tips and tricks (also day 1 on bigger pockets). Do you know any realtors there?