Tax lien case study - when is vacant land, not vacant land?

Tax lien case study - when is vacant land, not vacant land?

Specialist · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2011 · 698 posts · 629 votes

I had an interesting tax lien play that I started last year. It was a lien on a what was classified as "vacant land". But this vacant land is earning the owner several thousand dollars a year in revenue.

For some reason the land owner had not paid the property taxes for 3 years. No investors bought the liens in the annual auction either. Using software, I was able to see the income generator on the Arizona parcel from my computer in Illinois.

The BP blog post spells out this short case study in tax lien investing strategies, tax lien foreclosures, and ultimately how the worse of two possible outcomes still netted me a return of 17.82% in 14 months.

This link will take you to BP blog post.

3Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Orange County. Los Angeles. National, CA · Member since 2014 · 34 posts · 1 vote
12y

awesome jerry!!

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Orange County. Los Angeles. National, CA · Member since 2014 · 34 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    awesome jerry!!

  • Investor · Winnipeg, Manitoba · Member since 2013 · 303 posts · 321 votes
    12y

    @Jerry K.

    Thanks for sharing.

    invest in raw land has so much opportunities if you know what to look for the different components, like soil, vegetation , mineral rights, water source...etc.

    In your case is the billboard. I am trying hard to build my knowledge & one day I hope  I can get into that in the near future.

    Big congrats & Big Hug to you. 16% in AZ. Excellent.

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 87 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    great case sharing! Thank you.

  • John Van UytvenPro Member
    Property Manager · Oconee, IL · Member since 2014 · 536 posts · 202 votes
    12y

    That's great that it worked out for you.

    Tax Liens are something I am interested in as well.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.