Indiana Tax Sale Season

9 Replies

Hello All,
Indiana Tax Sale season has started.  Super excited!

Just curious who plans on attending which sales.  Would love to meet any of you after the auctions.  
Over September and October, we will be attending approximately 25 sales mainly in Central Indiana.

Feel free to post questions about Indiana Tax Sales here and I'd be happy to answer any.

Happy Hunting!
Joe D

Promotion
Azibo
Smart landlords use Azibo
One-stop-shop for landlords
Rent collection, banking, bill pay & access to competitive loans and insurance - free for landlords
Get started for free

@Joe Donohue

I'll definitely be attending a few. I was looking at the Lake County tax lien sale but the final bid prices were ridiculous. Obviously, online isn't the way to go for better prices because it's available worldwide.

I haven't decided on a strategy yet. There's plenty of small populated counties but I'm leaning towards avoiding them. I might travel down to Marion County or head out east towards Allen County. I'll definitely be going to Porter County. I currently live in Orland Park, Illinois (20 minutes to the Lake County Indiana border).

Do you actually attend these smaller county sales (population 100K or less)?

What can I do for you?

Thanks!

@Daniel Guerra So I think Lake and Porter Counties are ridiculously overpriced. But I think that is because they are considered more Chicagoland than Indiana. If you are wanting to stay in this area and play at that price point you might find a deal at tax sale. If you just want cheap properties, move over to LaPorte County. LaPorte County (specifically Michigan City) is significantly cheaper. So are rents. But I just thought I'd throw that option out for you.

Originally posted by @Matt Skog :

@Joe Donohue,

Do you get involved with Michigan at all? We're at almost 3 months out since they held theirs.

Are any counties there doing over-the-counter sales?

Nothing in Michigan although I often receive and review REO lists in the State.
There are secondary commissioners sales and properties that can be directly purchased from Land Bank (in larger counties)

Originally posted by @Daniel Guerra :

@Joe Donohue

I'll definitely be attending a few. I was looking at the Lake County tax lien sale but the final bid prices were ridiculous. Obviously, online isn't the way to go for better prices because it's available worldwide.

I haven't decided on a strategy yet. There's plenty of small populated counties but I'm leaning towards avoiding them. I might travel down to Marion County or head out east towards Allen County. I'll definitely be going to Porter County. I currently live in Orland Park, Illinois (20 minutes to the Lake County Indiana border).

Do you actually attend these smaller county sales (population 100K or less)?

What can I do for you?

Thanks!

Yes I attend small sales and large sales (Marion Co).  

Recent article on Lake County

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/lake-county-rakes-in-million-in-tax-sale/article_2b4e9263-66f7-58bc-b0aa-eb3e0e8b888f.html

IMO Lake County is a JOKE!