New Investor in Milwaukee

New Investor in Milwaukee

Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 12 votes

Hello, Everyone - My name is Cory Bagby and I am looking to start a buy and hold strategy in the Milwaukee area.  While I am not new to BP, it has taken me some time to determine the market where I want to invest and pull the capital together to get started.  

I currently live in Chicago and own a 2-flat.  I live in one unit and AirBnB the other.  I hope to learn from the collective expertise of the members on BP and build a local team in Milwaukee.  Any recommendations on realtors, wholesalers and other individuals that know the Milwaukee market are greatly appreciated.  Thank you!  Cory

2Reply
163 views

Most Popular Reply

Licensed Realtor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 16 votes
9y

Hi Cory, 

I run a real estate investment company, Captain Save A Home LLC out of Milwaukee with my partner @Rebecca Knox 

We come across many wholesale deals in Greater Milwaukee and Racine/Kenosha county. We also come across deals in Waukesha and Ozaukee but those tend to be more rehab opportunities. 

Additionally, I am a licensed real estate agent and help run a local real estate investment meetup group here in Milwaukee that meets the last Saturday of each month. 

I would love to connect with you. If I can help in any way, let me know. My network is open to you. 

~Nick Knox III

See this reply in the discussion

39 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Shawn AckermanPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Shella Sanders let’s jump on a call about your Milwaukee deals

  • Milwaukee , WI · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    8y
    Shella Sanders Gm Cory, I’m a wholesaler that recently relocated to Milwaukee from Dallas Texas looking to network.
  • Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 180 posts · 104 votes
    8y
    Vonney Lockridge Shella Sanders i would be interested in your deals also.
  • Milwaukee , WI · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    Ok Great Michael. We’d love to network.  What’s your contact info??? @Mike Lowery @Shella Sanders

  • Investor · Alhambra, CA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    For a more recent BP episode.  Don't forget Nazz Wang BP Episode 148

    BiggerPockets Podcast 148: From 0 to 51 Units Despite Living in a Crazy Expensive Location with Nazz Wang

    I also recommend @Dawn Anastasi's e-book on Milwaukee areas to start. 

  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 887 posts · 323 votes
    8y

    @Cory Bagby

    Welcome to BP and the Milwaukee market. I just started in that market (nothing bought yet but actively seeking my first one now) A few of the people I will mention have already posted here but I will mention them and I believe they can be of great help to you.

    @Nick Knox @Rebecca Knox @Shawn Ackerman @Matt Maurice @Michael Henry

    All the best to you...

    Jorge

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 96 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    @Cory Bagby

    Hello Cory,

    Let me know if you up to grab a coffee. I too am based in Chicago. I have few SFH in NWIndiana and am looking to venture into Milwaukee.

    Tushar Shah

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 96 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    @Michael Henry

    Hey Michael, I too am planning to venture into Milwaukee. Would love to hop on a call and get your Inputs kn neighbourhood and other contacts (wholesalers, contractors etc)

    Tushar Shah

  • Real Estate Consultant · Brookfield, WI · Member since 2014 · 873 posts · 350 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tushar Shah:

    @Michael Henry

    Hey Michael, I too am planning to venture into Milwaukee. Would love to hop on a call and get your Inputs kn neighbourhood and other contacts (wholesalers, contractors etc)

    Tushar Shah

    Feel free to inbox me your contact information. 

  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY (new york city) · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Ulises Becerra

    Which area did you go with?

  • New to Real Estate · Los Angeles · Member since 2019 · 42 posts · 22 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed Were you able to pickup any properties in Milwaukee? If so, I'd love to talk with you about your experience so far! I live in Los Angeles as well and am looking to get started by going for cash flow rentals there. 

  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2017 · 138 posts · 69 votes
    6y

    @Vonney Lockridge and @Shella Sanders - I'm a local investor here in Milwaukee looking for SFR and duplexes. I'd love to connect and hear about what you guys are working on.

  • Property Manager · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    2y

    @Cory Bagby hi Cory, I've managed properties all around Milwaukee, live here, and own a duplex in the city. I'm open to have any discussion about a potential partnership or at the very least a conversation to help answer any questions. Feel free to message me.

  • Property Manager · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    2y

    @Nick Knox hi Nick, would I be able to get more info about the meetup?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.