Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 12 votes
Hello, Everyone - My name is Cory Bagby and I am looking to start a buy and hold strategy in the Milwaukee area. While I am not new to BP, it has taken me some time to determine the market where I want to invest and pull the capital together to get started.
I currently live in Chicago and own a 2-flat. I live in one unit and AirBnB the other. I hope to learn from the collective expertise of the members on BP and build a local team in Milwaukee. Any recommendations on realtors, wholesalers and other individuals that know the Milwaukee market are greatly appreciated. Thank you! Cory
Licensed Realtor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 16 votes
9y
Hi Cory,
I run a real estate investment company, Captain Save A Home LLC out of Milwaukee with my partner @Rebecca Knox
We come across many wholesale deals in Greater Milwaukee and Racine/Kenosha county. We also come across deals in Waukesha and Ozaukee but those tend to be more rehab opportunities.
Additionally, I am a licensed real estate agent and help run a local real estate investment meetup group here in Milwaukee that meets the last Saturday of each month.
I would love to connect with you. If I can help in any way, let me know. My network is open to you.
Investor · Jenison, MI · Member since 2016 · 158 posts · 79 votes
9y
Hi Cory,
I would suggest listening to a few of the podcast that talk directly about Milwaukee I think @Mindy Jensen has a team there and I know she can point out what episodes are best!
Licensed Realtor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 16 votes
9y
Hi Cory,
I run a real estate investment company, Captain Save A Home LLC out of Milwaukee with my partner @Rebecca Knox
We come across many wholesale deals in Greater Milwaukee and Racine/Kenosha county. We also come across deals in Waukesha and Ozaukee but those tend to be more rehab opportunities.
Additionally, I am a licensed real estate agent and help run a local real estate investment meetup group here in Milwaukee that meets the last Saturday of each month.
I would love to connect with you. If I can help in any way, let me know. My network is open to you.
@Michael Henry I will PM you as I would like to get your thoughts on certain neighborhoods in the Milwaukee area.
@Nick Knox I will send you a request to connect. If possible, I would love to get on your roster of buyers for any wholesale deals that might come up. I will send you details of what I might be looking for in the area.
Hello, Everyone - My name is Cory Bagby and I am looking to start a buy and hold strategy in the Milwaukee area. While I am not new to BP, it has taken me some time to determine the market where I want to invest and pull the capital together to get started.
I currently live in Chicago and own a 2-flat. I live in one unit and AirBnB the other. I hope to learn from the collective expertise of the members on BP and build a local team in Milwaukee. Any recommendations on realtors, wholesalers and other individuals that know the Milwaukee market are greatly appreciated. Thank you! Cory
Totally unrelated to your OP, but I'm curious how AirBnB is working out for you? Let me know if you're willing to discuss your experiences as this is something I'm intrigued by.
Commercial Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 6 votes
9y
Appreciate if you could post the podcasts as well on MKE...In a similar situation as based in Chicago and doing a couple flips here but looking to get in MKE market.
Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 123 posts · 64 votes
9y
hi Cory! You are probably better will serve to invest in the Chicagoland market particularly on the southside where your cash flow margins and cap Rates are higher much higher. Also it would be a great idea to hire a management company please feel free to direct message me if you have any questions about cash flow
Realtor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 147 posts · 73 votes
9y
@Cory Bagby welcome to BP and more specifically the Milwaukee market. I believe we had the chance to meet at the Brew City Meetup recently.
Let me know if you have any particular questions regarding the Milwaukee market and buy and hold. Happy to continue the conversation....I may be interested in learning more about your AirBnB strategy as well. Best wishes!
Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 12 votes
9y
@Leslie Frieze I don't have a list of podcasts specific to MKE yet, but I will post as soon as I do.
@Aaron Vaughn I appreciate the recommendation, but my preference for the time being is to proceed with investing in the Milwaukee market. In my experience the Landlord / Tenant laws are less favorable in Chicago and I have concerns in how the budget deficit in Illinois is going to play out.
@Pat Parrillo I sent you a colleague request. I would be happy to share my airbnb experience and continue our discussion. I will also be at the next Brew City Meetup later this month.
@Shawn Ackerman Thank you for all of the positivity! I am excited for the opportunity to execute on a buy and hold strategy.
Investor · Schaumburg, IL · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 2 votes
9y
Hi Shawn,
Thank you. Right now we are having a hard time keeping up with local demand :) A good problem to have. Milwaukee is not that far, we can get appliances delivered anywhere in the US. We can also ship our cabinets.
Milwaukee , WI · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 3 votes
9y
@Cory Bagby Congrats on making the Decision to start investing in the Milwaukee area. I know alot of successful making out here. I currently closed on my first duplex in the Area and looking to grow as well.
Flipper/Rehabber · Dallas, TX · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 31 votes
8y
Cory Bagby hi there. Have u closed on your first property in milwaukee yet ? I'm a wholesaler in dallas but I hv been mentoring a friend to start wholesaling in milwaukee and we hv first few properties now. Would love to connect with u
Wholesaler · Racine, WI · Member since 2015 · 143 posts · 84 votes
8y
Try to connect with Brie Schmidt in Chicago. She lives in Chicago, was a BP podcast guest a few years ago, and has a lot of rentals in Milwaukee. If you want to brave the traffic, there's a Milwaukee REIA meeting in Brookfield next Tuesday evening. Google Milwaukee REIA. They have great networking events.