RENATUS SCHOOLING?

RENATUS SCHOOLING?

Wholesaler · Springfield, MA · Member since 2013 · 24 posts · 7 votes

has anyone looked into this? It claims to be a college on how to become a real estate investor from the best arpund. There are diferent courses the offer finacial aid and give you access to online classes or you can go to the school I believe in Wisconsin has anyone tried it?

1
Topic locked
1,947 views

Most Popular Reply

J ScottPro Member
Moderator
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
12y
Originally posted by Doug Leedy:
I belong to Renatus here in south Florida. It's 100% legit. I've been in real estate for 40 years and it's the best concept in real estate investing I've seen in my career. I only wish it had been available when I was younger. I've been to several of the Guru's and spent tens of thousands of dollars, so I know and understand their models, and Renatus blows them out of the water for several reasons.

Doug - You have 4 posts on BP, all of which are regarding this company and 3 of which are just cut-and-paste of the exact text above. While that doesn't necessarily detract from your experience or opinions, it does call into question your relationship with the company (and your motives for posting here).

Is there a reason you've chosen to participate in the discussions about this company over the past year, but no other discussions here on BP?

28
Topic locked
See this reply in the discussion

390 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @David Dachtera  one thing is a theme in your testamonials.. all of these people either had construction background or pretty heavy business background.

    its suckering in the poor newbie folks who have neither and have no cash to speak of.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @David Dachtera:

    Let's start with Bob Tierney, one of the partners who founded the suburban Chicago group. ... 

     David, 

    Interesting, that is another name, along with Bob Snyder, which came up in association with the procession of Global Prosperity Group (GPG), Tru Dynamics, Liberty League International and Nouveau Riche. 

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    @David Dachtera  one thing is a theme in your testamonials.. all of these people either had construction background or pretty heavy business background.

     Wait...I thought David so all those guys were homeless, sleeping in their cars before they came to the organization?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    @David Dachtera  one thing is a theme in your testamonials.. all of these people either had construction background or pretty heavy business background.

    its suckering in the poor newbie folks who have neither and have no cash to speak of.

    You can view it that way, if you want. Bob had a credit score of 520 when he came to the group despite being an independent business person. Scott was about to lose his home in foreclosure. Jean lost a majorly well paying job.

    It never hurts to have business savvy, and if you don't have it, the Renatus classes can help you, but won't do it for you.

    Just remember that you are what we call a "silver spooner". You grew up in the top 5%. The rest of us earned what little we have and everything we lost.

    Notice also that you're still "nay-saying", fault finding, etc. We tend to find what we're looking for. Instead of looking for the worst, why not look for the best?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @J Scott:
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    @David Dachtera  one thing is a theme in your testamonials.. all of these people either had construction background or pretty heavy business background.

     Wait...I thought David so all those guys were homeless, sleeping in their cars before they came to the organization?

    Um, Jason? Your credibility is hanging by a thread as it is. Sarcasm will get you nowhere.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Roy N.:
    Originally posted by @David Dachtera:

    Let's start with Bob Tierney, one of the partners who founded the suburban Chicago group. ... 

     David, 

    Interesting, that is another name, along with Bob Snyder, which came up in association with the procession of Global Prosperity Group (GPG), Tru Dynamics, Liberty League International and Nouveau Riche. 

    Is that a problem?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @David Dachtera  Well David I am anything but silverspoon  thank you.

    yes I grew up in the industry.. But that included my dad getting his RE license going to work for a brokerage in CA.. in 36 months he was top producer and opened his own firm.

    And he did by marketing ( his prior job was marketing manager and sales manager for Bridgeport frozen breads)  and then developing his own version of  yellow letters..

    He then bought a printing press and guess what I did after school I sat there and printed up 10,000 door hangers a week. etc etc.

    I got my license at 18.. And have earned every single penny I have ever made in my life. my Dad encouraged me to go into real estate but he did not hand me anything.. I ONLY got paid if I closed a deal.. just like every other agent in our company..

    And because I was in the Real Estate business properly licensed I learned from some of the very best salesmen in the west coast.. Sales skills are critical, and are often glossed over.. there is a wide % of folks that will never make it in RE no matter there training they just flat don't have the people skills patience or sales skills to close deals.

    And again instead of paying for this education I got paid to learn and grow.. the only way your guys get paid is to do the MLM route and keep recruiting newbies that will have a failure rate I would imagine of at least 90%.. this business is just not for everyone period.

    But by having a TRUE profession to work in with other like minded professionals I learned a tremendous amount about many facets of the industry.

    And I know my views are not all that popular either as I am and always will think the best way for someone to get into the business is to get licensed.. ( I am not talking about others that already have cash and can just jump to investing out of the shoot) I am talking about your target the cash strapped want it tomorrow hopeful investor....

    2
    Topic locked
  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @David Dachtera:
    Originally posted by @Roy N.:
    Originally posted by @David Dachtera:

    Let's start with Bob Tierney, one of the partners who founded the suburban Chicago group. ... 

     David, 

    Interesting, that is another name, along with Bob Snyder, which came up in association with the procession of Global Prosperity Group (GPG), Tru Dynamics, Liberty League International and Nouveau Riche. 

    Is that a problem?

    Well, I do not know just yet as I have only begun reading the materials, I found.

    Thus far it does appear more than one of those past organisations may have been less than transparent with their handling of members/students/investors funds and vanished leaving a lot of folks with the opposite of what they were promised ... and a lot poorer. 

    It definitely raises the possibility that Renatus is simply not the next name in the procession above.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @J Scott:

    "Had you taken that 20-30 minutes and spent it writing a post that provided some good information about REAL ESTATE INVESTING, perhaps people would take you more seriously."

    So, three stories about real estate investing success aren't good information about real estate investing. Thank you. I wasn't aware of that.

    This thread is about "RENATUS SCHOOLING", remember? The more I try to explain how people can get the information they're looking for, the harder you and the others fight me - and other Renatus students - at every turn.

    In the immortal words of Andy Rooney, "Why is that?"

    This may be a good place to inject this story...

    There was a Chinese lady in the suburban Chicago Renatus community (before it was Renatus, BTW) who spoke only broken English, yet she was able to help others find their way to the community. She put out road-side signs as her own mentor taught her. As the story is told, the phone conversations went something like this:

    Caller: "Hello, I'm responding to your roadside sign about real estate investing."

    Lady: "Meeting Thursday evening, 7. You come meeting."

    Caller: "Well, can you tell me a little what this is all about first?"

    Lady: "That what meeting for. You come meeting. Thursday evening, 7."

    ...and you think I'M a bad marketer? She made $20K that month in commissions.

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @David Dachtera:
    Um, Jason? Your credibility is hanging by a thread as it is. Sarcasm will get you nowhere.

    Sarcasm has gotten me pretty far...I think I'll stick with it a little while longer...

    Now, as for my credibility, perhaps it's hanging by a thread with you, but that would only be a problem if I cared about what you thought of me.  As for my credibility on this site, I'm pretty confident that's secure...

    So, should we talk about YOUR credibility?  You do realize that you're putting your entire organization at risk in this thread, as this is now the #4 result on Google when you search for "Renatus".  How many potential new students do you think type "Renatus" into Google and find this?

    The funny thing is, despite what you seem to think, I'm not looking to insult your organization or your program.  My past several posts have all been an attempt to help you improve the perception of your organization so that you can gain students and make money.  But, you don't seem to want to listen to my suggestions (or you're not really reading my posts) -- you'd rather just keep arguing.

    I'm very serious when I ask this:  Is there any reason why you are refusing to take my suggestions from the past couple posts on how to gain influence on this site?

    Again, the only thing I can think of is that you're too lazy to put in the effort.  If there's another reason (you can't do it, you don't think it would work, etc), please tell me. 

    2
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Greg Jones

    "...there is really no accountability or responsibility."

    On whose part?

    When people complain, "(insert program name here) doesn't work", is it because the program didn't work or because they didn't work the program?

    How many people get degrees and then never work in their degreed field? Did the school fail or did they?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Bedford, NH · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Rule #1 of arguing persuasively:  When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

    4
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @David Dachtera:

    @Greg Jones

    "...there is really no accountability or responsibility."

    On whose part?

    When people complain, "(insert program name here) doesn't work", is it because the program didn't work or because they didn't work the program?

    How many people get degrees and then never work in their degreed field? Did the school fail or did they?

    You spend 12 pages arguing that people don't understand your program, and then when you get one person who has actually paid to go through it, you claim that it was HIS fault that it didn't work.

    If that's the case, clearly your program didn't do a very good job of weeding him out to begin with.  You were happy to take his money...

    1
    Topic locked
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @David Dachtera  And how some Chinese lady with broken English should make 20k in a month by say   COME TO MEETING ... that's laughable..

    And if that is not MLM I don't know what is

    2
    Topic locked
  • Bedford, NH · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    David,

    Are you authorized to speak for Renatus?  Is your participation in these forum discussions vetted through the organization?

    Thank you,

    Richard

    1
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @David Dachtera:

    @J Scott:

    "Had you taken that 20-30 minutes and spent it writing a post that provided some good information about REAL ESTATE INVESTING, perhaps people would take you more seriously."

    So, three stories about real estate investing success aren't good information about real estate investing. Thank you. I wasn't aware of that.

    This thread is about "RENATUS SCHOOLING", remember? The more I try to explain how people can get the information they're looking for, the harder you and the others fight me - and other Renatus students - at every turn.


    Let me try one more time...please read what I'm about to write before responding (I'm getting the feeling you're not reading what I'm writing)...

    I assume you want people to think your program is high quality.  For them to believe it's high quality, they are going to want some indication that it provides good information.

    Now, you can say, "The onus is on them to seek out proof that the organization provides good information."  But, putting your potential customers to work isn't the best way to win their business.

    Instead, if you really want to win their business, you should do the work for them.  Instead of telling them to go find the information, bring it to them.  Specifically, spend some time on BiggerPockets answering questions the way they'd be answered by your program. 

    Most of the responses you've given in other threads have been short and vague -- people will consider that reflection of the information provided by your organization (even if that reflection isn't accurate).  Instead of giving short, vague responses to questions, perhaps give longer, more detailed responses that make people think, "Wow, this guy knows what he's talking about...I should check out his program."

    So there it is -- a foolproof way to achieve your goal of attaining more customers from this site.  

    Are you going to give it a try?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @J Scott

    "I'm very serious when I ask this: Is there any reason why you are refusing to take my suggestions from the past couple posts on how to gain influence on this site?"

    Have you read my other posts in other threads / forums? My BP profile?

    As for being the #4 hit on the search engines, well, if that's something you think you can feel proud of, what more can I say? Your posts speak for themselves, and from my perspective that's not something I would be proud of if I were in your shoes. (If I ever am, the audience-at-large has my permission to shoot me.) Your behavior throughout this whole experience has been beneath reproach. I won't finish that thought here because if I did I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

    You may think Scott Rowe's posts in this thread were bad, but at least he has the humility to end his Thursday evening presentation with, "Thanks for putting up with me."

    You're not likely to accept a suggestion from me, but I'll make it anyway: seek out a humbling experience. You DESPERATELY need it!

    This whole thread has been MY humbling experience. It points out to me - everytime I read it - how poor I am at rhetoric, debate and salesmanship. I choose to view it as a learning opportunity all the same. I can always improve my weaknesses and turn them into strengths.

    Why not do the same yourself? Be that BIG person I mentioned in another post. Give yourself that gift.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Richard C.:

    David,

    Are you authorized to speak for Renatus?  Is your participation in these forum discussions vetted through the organization?

    Thank you,

    Richard

    Do I or does it need to be? This is a public forum and I'm not giving out any info that isn't available elsewhere.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    @David Dachtera  And how some Chinese lady with broken English should make 20k in a month by say   COME TO MEETING ... that's laughable..

    And if that is not MLM I don't know what is

    Clearly, then, and in your own words, you don't know what MLM is.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @J Scott:
    Originally posted by @David Dachtera:

    @Greg Jones

    "...there is really no accountability or responsibility."

    On whose part?

    When people complain, "(insert program name here) doesn't work", is it because the program didn't work or because they didn't work the program?

    How many people get degrees and then never work in their degreed field? Did the school fail or did they?

    You spend 12 pages arguing that people don't understand your program, and then when you get one person who has actually paid to go through it, you claim that it was HIS fault that it didn't work.

    If that's the case, clearly your program didn't do a very good job of weeding him out to begin with.  You were happy to take his money...

    ...and the colleges which produced graduates who never used their degree were happy to take the students' money, as well.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @David Dachtera  being on the west coast I have to go attend to my big green egg and providing dinner to my half starved family... King crab legs  Scallops and shrimp.. its a seafood night.  throw on some white corn and roasted peppers.. Nice Rombour Chard and I think we will call it a night. 

    Good luck in your ventures.

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @David Dachtera:

    @J Scott

    "I'm very serious when I ask this: Is there any reason why you are refusing to take my suggestions from the past couple posts on how to gain influence on this site?"

    Have you read my other posts in other threads / forums? My BP profile?

    I have read your other posts.  They provide vague information without much substance.  People associate your posts with your organization now, and if you're putting out information that lacks substance, people are going to assume -- by extension -- that your organization does the same.

    If you want people to assume your organization puts out expert information with lots of substance then your posts should put out expert information with lots of substance.

    It's really quite simple.


    1
    Topic locked
  • Bedford, NH · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    I've been here a while.  You can tell by my post count.  I always describe myself as very small time as a real estate investor (though frankly David, if your profile is correct, I am less small-time than you.)  I am rather less small-time in my day job, so my ego isn't bound up in what I am doing in real estate.

    I learn something on these forums every day.

    If I were going to do a flip in Maryland or Atlanta, do you know who I would seek out?  Jason.  If I were looking at a deal in the PNW, or needed hard money, who would I call?  Jay.  If I wanted a Midwestern turnkey?  James Wise.  If I were looking at opportunities in the Canadian Maritimes and wanted someone to bounce ideas off of (the most likely of these hypotheticals, btw), who would I contact?  Roy.

    Why?  Because, as Jason says, they have demonstrated through years of participation and thousands of helpful posts in answer to peoples' questions that they know a whole lot.  And that they are willing to share what their experience has taught them.

    And I have learned nothing from any of the Renatus posters on this thread.  I have seen no willingness to share the lessons of experience with others, only repeated marketing fluff posts (most of them not all that good, frankly.)

    David, you need to take a deep breath and step back.  You are arguing for arguments' sake, and making yourself and your organization look bad in the process.  You need to post substantive posts in order to be taken seriously here.  You should start by responding substantively to some of the questions that have been raised on this thread.

    4
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Richard C.:

    Rule #1 of arguing persuasively:  When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

    "in a hole" is a matter of perspective.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    I really do love that this thread comes up #4 when you just Google the company name. Yet we come up #1 when you Google "renatus scam". Maybe that's why their videos try to discredit us? 

    Its a lot like when the Guru's seminar day 2 starts with raising CC limits to afford the "special" coaching.

    You guys have a "tiered" comp plan where the more a person pays upfront the "faster" they can make money. I mean learn a career in Real Estate with the ultimate package. 

    I personally could not do what you do with a good conscious. My world view doesn't allow me to justify charging someone 24k so I can make 12k. In the "guise" of an education. Folks who find REI are looking for a better tomorrow. I think you and I both know morally that twenty four grand could do a hell of a lot to jump start a Real Estate career, fund marketing, and fund a Real Estate License for someone.

    The fact that you question J's character is just embarrassing yourself. Let's try to keep the conversation objective and avoid personal attacks.

    I started with $600 on a credit card that I couldn't pay off and have done 13 deals in the last year. #'s 14-15 are on their way to closing. That's what BP has done for me. I now own rentals, do rehabs, wholesale, run a marketing campaign, run a blog, and a lead generation site. 

    That cost me less than $300.00 (which I chose to pay as a supporting member to this site.) 

    $300 is equal to 1.25% the cost of Renatus. For those of you potential students reading my post.... Would you rather have 24k on credit cards? or 300 and over a dozen deals? 

    Most of the Renatus recruiters you talk to will brag about how they have almost paid off their education in just a few months. I'd much rather you be able to brag that you've done multiple deals. So create a free account, introduce yourself, and lets grow together.

    5
    Topic locked