Property Manager · Lansdale, PA · Member since 2021 · 826 posts · 1k+ votes
Hi! I'm Noah, the new Community Manager with BiggerPockets! I own two rental properties and have house hacked my portfolio thus far. I love playing volleyball, hiking in the mountains of CO, and spending time with my dog! If you ever want to talk about real estate or anything in general, please always feel free to reach out and I'd love to connect!
Please help kick off our new start together by helping me understand where else you look to network outside of the BiggerPockets Community!
Please discuss in comments if there are any sites that I am missing, or if you have interest joining any of our BiggerPockets Facebook groups!
🗣️👇🗣️👇🗣️👇
89 votes total
Reddit
Discord
Quora
Slack
Facebook Groups other than BiggerPockets (Please comment if you would like to join!)
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y
I am attending a ton of facebook groups zoom calls, lender meetups, investor meetups, etc. I think there is a lot to learn if you put yourself out there.
Property Manager · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2022 · 269 posts · 135 votes
3y
I use Facebook groups. This one is my favorite (https://www.facebook.com/group...). I also meet others from local apartment associations I'm part of as well.
Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
3y
Local RE meetups, which has been useless for finding deals but good for information on tradesmen and other information.
I correspond with a few investors on FB and we send one another deals we come across the other may be interested in (we invest in different areas, classes and RE types so we're not competing for the same properties).
Talking with realtors has been great for off-market landing deals. As the market slows down this will work even better, IMO.
Accountant · Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 392 posts · 183 votes
3y
I meet someone through BP, they started a Meetup, where I met a friend and him and I started our own Meetup after our mutual friend stopped showing up. Now we invite anyone we meet in person, through Facebook groups that are local and nation wide, and Instagram. I attend other Networking events I find online that are either Zoom style Networking or in person events.
Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y
I think the old adage of "it's not who you know, it's who knows you" is always good advice when networking for dealflow or capital.
So with that in mind, I think the above are great for staying in touch with people you meet. But for actually making the connections, I think public speaking (first at local REIA type groups, or eventually trade groups that are specific to your niche like IMN conferences or even BPCon) and guesting on podcasts are a great way to get the word out about you/your company, and then inviting others to reach out to you.
That and starting your own networking group is a good way to expand your network - which can be as small as hosting a regularly scheduled dinner all the way up to a hosting a regional conference (the SF Bay Summit and Midwest Real Estate Networking Summit are two examples that started here on BP and grew into much bigger events).
Bloomsburg, PA · Member since 2023 · 7 posts · 4 votes
3y
I would love to join the Facebook group! Unfortunately, I keep being denied entry into the Rookie Podcast group, and the Bigger Pockets group. I'm a medical professional, and because of working in a small rural community. I had to leave facebook. Now that I am starting the real estate journey I have made a burner Facebook, thats private. So, admins keep denying me.
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
3y
BiggerPockets is my only real fix. I have no local meetup group. I attempted to start one and it just couldn't get traction. I am a member of BetterLife with Brandon Turner and have a mastermind group, but it's new and hasn't proven very useful yet.