KANSAS CITY - Need referrals for contractors, subs, handymen etc.

KANSAS CITY - Need referrals for contractors, subs, handymen etc.

Karen MargraveBusiness Member
Moderator
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes

Kansas City investors do you have any referrals for various subs, handymen, etc. in the area?  

@Jim Workman 

Others? 

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris DawsonPro Member
Real Estate Broker / General Contractor / Property Manager · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2010 · 395 posts · 425 votes
12y

Karen,

I do.  I will email them to you.

See this reply in the discussion

22 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris DawsonPro Member
    Real Estate Broker / General Contractor / Property Manager · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2010 · 395 posts · 425 votes
    12y

    Karen,

    I do.  I will email them to you.

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    @Chris Dawson Actually it's for another BP member, @Jim Workman , but you can email them to me if you'd like and I'll be happy to pass them along, or send to him directly. Thank you. I know he will appreciate it! 

  • Kansas City MO · Member since 2014 · 357 posts · 349 votes
    12y

    @Karen Margrave @Chris Dawson 

    I would love to get a copy of this list as well 

  • Investor · Overland Park, KS · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    @Chris Dawson

    I'm new here on BP and own rental property that I need a few things done.  I'd like the list as well.  If anyone else has other contacts, that would be great.

    Thank you.

  • SFR Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2012 · 48 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    @Chris Dawson 

    Can you also provide me your referral list? Thank you.

    Thai

  • Rental Property Investor · Shawnee Mission, KS · Member since 2014 · 205 posts · 136 votes
    11y

    @Chris Dawson I'm new on BP and getting a start in the biz in Johnson County.  Can you send me your list of contacts?  Much appreciated.

    Cliff Harrison

  • Real Estate Investor · Bend, OR · Member since 2014 · 52 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    I have not yet personally used him, but I was referred to Mike Burnett Handyman Service, he came highly recommended. 

    Also, I have used and REALLY recommend Greg Schneider for home inspections and construction jobs ... He is NOT a handyman, he will likely cost a little more, but he is awesome!

    In-spec Home Inspections is the name of his inspection business, I forget the name of his construction division. He's busy and thus needs a little advance to be scheduled in, but he can handle most things, and has a solid understanding of the investor mindset.

    http://www.inspeckc.com/index.html

  • Shawnee Mission, KS · Member since 2016 · 719 posts · 313 votes
    10y

    Handy man can be good and bad they may charge less but the work may not stand the test of time .I am in KC too I have a list I use but they tend to work only for a few chosen folks too busy.

    I have used Steven Ferguson as general  contractor  ,he can do small jobs are a complete  rehab .I was very pleased  with his work, it will stand the test of time .

    Shoot me a message  if you would like his phone #.

    I do have a door, window ,siding ,general  carpentry  work man that is not  too busy. I have used him on my own personal  house plus 3 others his work on my house in 2001 has stood up well.

  • Shawnee Mission, KS · Member since 2016 · 719 posts · 313 votes
    10y

    Looking to buy single family home in Overland Park ,Kansas .Looking for 3 bed room ,1.5 bath ,one car garage ,full basement .I am pre approved ready to make offer.

  • Overland Park, KS · Member since 2015 · 70 posts · 20 votes
    10y

    @Chris Dawson Can you also provide me your referral list? Thank you.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 69 posts · 46 votes
    10y

    Send me the list for handymen or rehab experts in the KC area please and thank you! 

  • Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2015 · 366 posts · 184 votes
    10y
    There are going to be some super busy contractors after this thread:)
  • Lenexa, KS · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    I need a list of general contractor as well. Please message me. I have a great painter and home inspector if anyone needs one.

  • Specialist · Independence, MO · Member since 2016 · 66 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    @Dennis King I seen your post about a general contactor list. I service only top investors in the KC and surrounding areas. I sent you a request. Lets Talk.

  • Lenexa, KS · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Sounds good.

  • San Mateo, CA · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I have been using a handyman who does a very good job and is EXTREMELY HONEST (which is the most important aspect to me).  If anybody interested send me a PM.

  • Investor · Lees Summit, MO · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Looking for reliable handyman/contractors in the KC area, probably more southern KC.  I have done rehabbing in another town.  Don't know anyone here.  About to restart business here in KC.  Any recommendations will be appreciated. 

  • Kansas City, MO · Member since 2013 · 131 posts · 64 votes
    9y

    @Chris Dawson Chris are you still willing to share your contractor list? I have a portfolio of buy and hold properties here in KC and have been struggling to locate reliable handymen. In reading your profile it appears you are seeking owners of multi-families interested in selling. If you run across anyone willing to sell a multi-family, I am always in the market to acquire more. Let me know your thoughts on sharing your handyman list if you don't mind. My biggest isssue is that real estate is still part time for me, so I have a day job and just simply don't have the time to do the work myself, or keep trying new contractors. Thanks in advance.

  • Kansas City, MO · Member since 2013 · 131 posts · 64 votes
    8y

    @George Zatulovsky Hi George, in going through this post I saw you use handyman that you like. Are you interested in sharing his contact info? Please message me if you are.

    Thanks.

  • Rental Property Investor · Rutherford, NJ · Member since 2016 · 116 posts · 91 votes
    8y

    Would also be interested in this list.

  • Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    Does anyone have current recommendations for Kansas City please. Specifically:

    Roofer

    Plumber

    Handyman for big but simple project (cleanout, paint, minor repairs) 

    Tree trimmer that can handle very high trees

    Thank you! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.