Is It Time For A BP Meet-up In The Memphis Area???

Is It Time For A BP Meet-up In The Memphis Area???

Chris ClothierBusiness Member
Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes

It looks like there have been a ton of registrants here on BP lately from North Mississippi and West Tennessee. BP meet=ups are usually a great way to get to meet each other and network in a real casual atmosphere. I am putting together a BP meetup for the first week in August. Probably a week night at an East Memphis location so it would be as central as possible for the city and suburbs.

Everyone would be welcome...Everyone! Newbie, experienced, buyer, seller and even service providers. No agenda, just a chance to meet and shake hands and network and see how we can all help each other. We had about a dozen BP Members at our big May event and it was really cool to meet others from the site in person. I'd put it together if it looks like there would be some interest in getting together.

Anyone else up for a Memphis meetup first week of August???

0
Topic locked
69 views

Most Popular Reply

Beebe, AR · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 4 votes
13y

thanks!! Got the Keywords set up. Joshua Dorkin

1
Topic locked
See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Memphis, TN · Member since 2013 · 1 post · 0 votes
    13y

    yes

    0
    Topic locked
  • Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 68 posts · 12 votes
    13y

    Sounds great. I'd be interested.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Cordova, TN · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    My business partner and I would be interested.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Beebe, AR · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    yes. How do I keep in touch??

    0
    Topic locked
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    Do it Chris Clothier

    Nick Stone - Make sure you've got your Keyword alerts set up for "Memphis" and "Tennessee" and you'll hear about any local posts. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Beebe, AR · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    thanks!! Got the Keywords set up. Joshua Dorkin

    1
    Topic locked
  • Roan Mountain, TN · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Yes

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Murfreesboro, TN · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    I'd definitely be interested in a meet-up.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Excellent! So what I will do is secure a place and date and time. Then I will repost on here and continue to post a couple of reminders up until the meet up. For now though, plan on it being the first week of August. I am sure that between now and then a few more Memphis, Tennessee and north Mississippi users will join us. Look forward to meeting everyone.

    Chris

    1
    Topic locked
  • Homeowner · Jackson, TN · Member since 2012 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    I think I'll be able to get in on this.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Big Sandy, TN · Member since 2013 · 147 posts · 91 votes
    13y

    I am from Jackson tn area and would be interested in a meet up of some kind

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2013 · 171 posts · 49 votes
    13y

    Would love to be apart of this..

    0
    Topic locked
  • Jackson, TN · Member since 2013 · 79 posts · 21 votes
    13y

    Interested.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 68 posts · 12 votes
    13y

    Hey Chris Clothier Is this something that is still being planned?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hey Barry Marshall you have some pretty good timing! We actually were finalizing a place this AM after getting travel schedules and just making sure I was in town.

    We have it planned for the 13th (Next Tuesday) at the Marriott East Memphis. We asked the restaurant if we could come in at 7:00 and they said yes. I imagine they would like it if people bought a drink or an appetizer or something, but we didn;t promise anything. We just asked if we could meet-up there. The restaurant inside the hotel is called "Table" and they have said we can reserve space in the restaurant. It is easy to find as the hotel sits right on I-240 at the Poplar Avenue Exit.

    Here is the address: 5795 Poplar Avenue Memphis, TN 38119

    And EVERYONE in Memphis is invited. AGAIN, this is not my show, I just stepped up and said I would organize the first one so everyone is invited to come out and meet each other and network and from there anyone else who wants to plan BP meet-ups on a regular basis is more than welcome. I'd love for guys like Curt Davis, Dean Letfus, James Martin, Craig Jennings, Alex & Benolyn Craig and any others who have been members here for a while to make it if they can. There are a lot of new registrants and guys and gals just getting started in Memphis and they have found there way to BP so they could probably use the help of some people who are having success here in Memphis.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Curt DavisBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    Would be great to meet up with other!! Count me in!!

    Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
    1
    Topic locked
  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Joe Mckinney, Clint Dorris, Cameron Ellis, Blake Garcia, Brian Petty, Steven Thomas, Shannon Savage, Nick Stone

    Just wanted you guys to know that we did have this planned as you can see from the above post and i would love it if you invited anyone else on the site that is from Memphis. There is a lot we can do to help each other and it all starts with an invite!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Curt DavisBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    On my schedule, see you all there!!

    Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
    0
    Topic locked
  • Jackson, TN · Member since 2013 · 79 posts · 21 votes
    13y

    I'm working on it, and I hope to be there. Will be driving from Jackson, so I need to work a few details.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Big Sandy, TN · Member since 2013 · 147 posts · 91 votes
    13y

    I will try to make it.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Clint Dorris:
    I'm working on it, and I hope to be there. Will be driving from Jackson, so I need to work a few details.

    I kept that in mind for a few people, which is why I tried to schedule it for 7:00 to give you guys time and I put it right at the highway to make it a straight shot down for you guys as well. Just let us know and make it if you can.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2013 · 741 posts · 845 votes
    13y
    This is great I will be there!
    0
    Topic locked
  • Homeowner · Jackson, TN · Member since 2012 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    I should be able to make it no problem.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 68 posts · 12 votes
    13y

    Thanks Chris Clothier See you Tuesday!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Just wanted to remind everyone that the Meet-Up is on for tonight at the Marriott at I-240 and Poplar. It is at the restaurant called - Table. Come on by - we are going to get there a few minutes before 7:00PM and are looking forward to meeting fellow Memphis BPers!

    This should be a great way to encourage each other to get active and stay active both in Memphis and on BP and see if there is any way we can bring value to each other.

    See you there -


    Chris

    0
    Topic locked