Raphael Kisel stole $13k from me

Raphael Kisel stole $13k from me

Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 399 posts · 260 votes

So this guy @Raphael Kisel is a scam artist. I asked BP to remove but because of their policies (which I understand) they cannot. So I am here to tell all of you to be careful of this person. This is probably not him in the photo. This is probably not his company. He is a scam artist that took me for a ride, probably cost me my deal (still looking for funding) and stole $13k from me. I reported him to the FBI. Just wanted to put it out there. I guess is someone else had any experience with this person and would of posted I might have saved some money. So hopefully I can help someone else. Please share with anyone that you like. Those who know me know I wouldn't post something like this unless absolutely necessary. I hope this gets around before it gets taken down. 

17Reply
176 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 26 votes
10y

@Omar Merced. I am a long time viewer of BP but never joined until now. I am local to San Antonio and felt compelled to reply, thus I created the account I should have long ago. Being a local here, after I left the Army, I have little patience for scammers. Now, I do not know the person you mentioned and this is not intended as liable or slander in any form. However, I have a car and gas. The address provided by the person you mentioned does not exist. The street address, 8507 Espanola Dr, Helotes TX 75023 literally does not exist. I drove by and there is an 8502 followed by and 8510. Where that address would be is an empty parcel of land. The address itself is not even valid through our local Bexar County Tax Assessor website (bcad.org). No results found. Perhaps that person typed his own office address. It is a residential area of houses. Either way, Good luck to you. Thanks for motivating me to finally join BP.

See this reply in the discussion

88 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    @Josh Caldwell I put up a quick add in the market place for a slam dunk 35% LTV first I wanted in Charleston SC.. I got 5 replys.

    2 were BP folks that follow me and they are legit private money guys.

    3 were scammers for Certain.. one was trying to tell me he was the mandate to the lender LOL.. that's old broker daisy chain tape talk LOL.

    turned out my RE agent decided to make the loan for me.. I mean she knows what the property is worth once we are done..

    Any rate under 10% if its mid west and out east is suspect.. you can get 8 to 9 in California. but you will know they are real as they have to be licensed..

    there are 13 to 18 states that require NMLS for SFR rehab loans.. so if our looking for money check your state first and see if a license is required. if you get hit from an unlicensed lender then you know that's not valid..

  • Sycamore, IL · Member since 2016 · 48 posts · 14 votes
    10y
    Thank you for letting us know... Warning like this helps people to be aware. Im sorry that this fraud guy got you.
  • Investor · LOUISVILLE, KY · Member since 2013 · 299 posts · 137 votes
    10y

    Any update on this?  I'm following this intently.  I HATE people like this.

  • Investor · LOUISVILLE, KY · Member since 2013 · 299 posts · 137 votes
    10y

    Anxiously awaiting update.

  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2014 · 239 posts · 177 votes
    10y

    Every site definitely has their bad apples, but the awesome thing about this site in particular is the awesome amount of research and due diligence and backup the good apples do to shun the bad ones.  Loved this thread (with respect).  

  • Lender · Cumming, GA · Member since 2009 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    ironically this guy, Ralpheal gave my name to someone about a loan in Atlanta. We've located someone online who has purchased a domain with my name, my info and is representing himself as me making loans. 

    I do make loans in Atlanta but have no ties whatso ever with them. 

    I actually got on a call tonight with the person representing himself as me and using my LLC and Address as well. He quickly hung up.

    I'll be handing this over to the authorities and hopefully they will figure this out. 

    - The Real James Melton

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    @James Melton  its really insane how this is manifesting its self.. internet gifith and takith away.

    with sites like BP its just a free for all.. same with facebook .. linkedin etc.. buyer beware.

    but when you have folks get sucked into thinking they found that unicorn lender all hell breaks lose

  • Lender · Cumming, GA · Member since 2009 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Yep. Note to all investors -- don't pay anything upfront. Appraisal cost is one thing but ask to pay the appraisal company directly. Lenders who ask for you to pay them upfront generally do not preform. 

    If they ask for money start searching and I bet you find threads like this. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Baldwin, NY · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    BREAKING NEWS!........Be aware, Raphael isn't working Alone, they Tried and Failed!., with me!., Today!... luckily i live by the mato everyone's guilty to proven innocent!...I will Provide so much details! coming Soon.....just a quick note these guys are stealing legit Company`s Info....that company will follow up on this!...share this around.

  • Real Estate Agent · Wesley Chapel, FL · Member since 2016 · 153 posts · 38 votes
    10y

    wow!

  • Real Estate Agent · Wesley Chapel, FL · Member since 2016 · 153 posts · 38 votes
    10y

    Although BP does everything they need to to keep their members safe, if you want to do business with someone from this site, you should only do business with those who were recommended by a guest from one of their podcasts. You may have this situation go on. Sad, very sad!

  • Rental Property Investor · Baldwin, NY · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    I can only tell you...do {due} diligence on everyone!, treat your money as though your daughter was going on her first date!........

  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    What I would add here comes from a recent experience. Not with the person in question, and I won't provide details publicly - PM me if you want specifics.

    Some major red flags are...

    • Sounds too good to be true
    • Specific information missing or not provided, and the subject refuses to answer specific queries
    • "Buy in" to "higher levels" is needed to get more specific information.
    • Something is offered "for free", without explanation of how services, products, etc. are funded or sponsored.

    So, beware of anything that just doesn't make sense.

  • Rental Property Investor · Baldwin, NY · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    yea, your talking from experience.....the newbies, is what they want.....the virgins...sorry to say!

    BP, really need to outline. What is needed with dealing with PVT money lenders, Hard Money lenders. From my experience you don't send money to anyone!.....

  • Investor · Downers Grove, IL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 955 votes
    10y

    @Omar Merced I am sorry for your loss, and thank you for warning the rest of BP

    @Kyle J.  Besides looking up a lender's NMLS license. where else would you go do your due diligence? I am in the process of applying for a loan with a hml as well. 

    Got the right deal with the right contractor, but now need to vet my hml. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Baldwin, NY · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    I am not an expert here, as i was told and keep hearing, don't send ANYONE MONEY!.....

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Please contact the Texas State Attorney General, https://texasattorneygeneral.gov/

    And also Bexar County District Attorney http://www.bexar.org/1384/District-Attorney

    File complaints.

    Don't tolerate scum like this.

  • Lender · Cumming, GA · Member since 2009 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    What person or address would we use to notify bigger pockets of this to get these guys removed?
  • Contractor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 647 posts · 205 votes
    10y

    I used to PM Brandon Turner, but that was over a year ago during the Joe Pickett affair (who by the way is still operational in San Antonio). There may be a different reporting chain now.

  • New to Real Estate · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 105 posts · 31 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Kyle J.:

    It's amazing what you can find out on the internet.  Looks like the correct address for Joinville Finance Inc is actually 8607 Espanola Dr, Helotes, TX 78023.  (Raphael had the street numbers and zip code wrong.)  In any event, it's just a residential home:

    According to the Bexar County (Texas) property tax records, it's owned by Lazaro & Sara Kisel:

    Lazaro & Sara Kisel are also both listed on the registered company information as the Director and Secretary of the company:

    http://www.bizapedia.com/tx/JOINVILLE-FINANCE-INC.html

    No mention of Raphael Kisel, but their registered agent is Paola Kisel who is licensed in Texas.....in Cosmetology. 

    https://www.searchtexaslicensing.com/business/COI-IN-1688412/kisel-paola

    I searched for any NMLS license for Raphael, Lazaro, Sara, Paola and Joinville Finance, but there were "no matches found". 

    Lazaro also appears to be associated with Fall Investment Corporation, but it's listed as a Real Estate Development corporation (not a lender). 

    Lastly, for what it's worth, Lazaro is listed online as being 60-64 years old: 

    http://www.whitepages.com/name/Lazaro-Kisel

    http://radaris.com/p/Lazaro/Kisel/

    Hardly seems old enough to be the father of the person depicted in Raphael's user photo.  But who knows...maybe someone didn't age well.

    Though it is a little suspicious that on a different website Raphael says his name is "Lazard Kisel". 

    Seems like enough to make someone go "hmmmmm".  Anyway, I have no dog in this fight.  Just didn't want to see anyone else get taken.

    Do your own due diligence to be sure. Everything I found is public information. 

     Nice work...+1

  • Montvale, NJ · Member since 2016 · 61 posts · 28 votes
    10y
    I don't know. I still like the guy's terms. I think I'll give him a shot.
  • Greg H.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Broker/Flipper · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Chad Clanton:

    I used to PM Brandon Turner, but that was over a year ago during the Joe Pickett affair (who by the way is still operational in San Antonio). There may be a different reporting chain now.

     I think Joe Pickett was different as he created many alias' to support his delusions 

    I say keep the guy on here as many times as possible so he will come up on a Google search. If her is removed it will just say "account closed"

  • Contractor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 647 posts · 205 votes
    10y

    To be clear, not delusions: I received firsthand confirmation that a member (buyer) on here had a 3-way Skype session with Joe and a third party whose identity I won't disclose a couple of months ago regarding the purchase of a wholesale property here. Yes, one of his special properties. (Plus I have the emails with the Cc's). Hopefully it'll work out for this buyer, but the gig is still the same, just not present (or as obvious, one or the other) here on BP anymore. Should be a crime (and debatably is).

  • Mcallen, TX · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    A short time back I asked to get more information on HM lenders and how they work. My responses were ok but not concrete and a few were a little bit off. So I think because of this discussion, it would be good for us to know who are the good guys in HML or PML are. I am in Texas and am wondering who are the good guys? Who have you had good experiences with and what is considered "too good to be true"?

  • Specialist · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 900 posts · 392 votes
    10y

    BP has shut other accounts from scammers like Joe Gore, why can't they shut this guy down? Or put in place something to block their IP addresses so they can't create different accounts?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.