Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 399 posts · 260 votes
So this guy @Raphael Kisel is a scam artist. I asked BP to remove but because of their policies (which I understand) they cannot. So I am here to tell all of you to be careful of this person. This is probably not him in the photo. This is probably not his company. He is a scam artist that took me for a ride, probably cost me my deal (still looking for funding) and stole $13k from me. I reported him to the FBI. Just wanted to put it out there. I guess is someone else had any experience with this person and would of posted I might have saved some money. So hopefully I can help someone else. Please share with anyone that you like. Those who know me know I wouldn't post something like this unless absolutely necessary. I hope this gets around before it gets taken down.
@Omar Merced. I am a long time viewer of BP but never joined until now. I am local to San Antonio and felt compelled to reply, thus I created the account I should have long ago. Being a local here, after I left the Army, I have little patience for scammers. Now, I do not know the person you mentioned and this is not intended as liable or slander in any form. However, I have a car and gas. The address provided by the person you mentioned does not exist. The street address, 8507 Espanola Dr, Helotes TX 75023 literally does not exist. I drove by and there is an 8502 followed by and 8510. Where that address would be is an empty parcel of land. The address itself is not even valid through our local Bexar County Tax Assessor website (bcad.org). No results found. Perhaps that person typed his own office address. It is a residential area of houses. Either way, Good luck to you. Thanks for motivating me to finally join BP.
Can you fill us in with more details? That is terrible! It is a shame to see someone scammed on this site. I see he has very little posts and no references. I see he is a lender, but didn't see him associated with a company.
I guess everyone who reads this..... Take a lesson from Omar and look for references and verify an associated company with the person. You can usually always find a loan officer on the companies website.
Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 399 posts · 260 votes
10y
@Jerry Padilla He is one of the best scam artist I've ever run into. I consider myself pretty street smart. I've seen my share of scams but nothing like this. He uses real company names but they never had heard about him. His documentation and what he request as long with apps is all in line with normal practices. Nothing out of the ordinary. I know some people have already had dealings with him but for some reason didn't say anything. I only post this so that no one else gets taken. Like I stated before he knows enough to actually do real estate. I looked at his name, his FB profile, the business, his address, his phone numbers everything. It all matched up.
Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 625 posts · 601 votes
10y
Sorry to hear that man. This guy has been messaging me today about a deal I'm trying to fund. Thanks for the heads up. Good luck getting this resolved.
Lender · Helotes, TX · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 0 votes
10y
Mr. Omar Merced, can you explain publicly what happened and how you got scammed? People shouldn't post anything here. Please state the process step by step. Before then, here is what happened;
We connected on Bigger Pockets, he said he has a deadline for July 1st and wanted funding for 3 properties. And filled and application for all three.
He got pre approved for 90% PP and 70% Rehab, and we billed him for an Appraisal fee for all 3. We initially know a BPO is the first step, and if reports are not okay enough, we may want to do an appraisal, so we don't want to come back and ask for another fee, so we charge an Appraisal fee straight away for it.
The BPO reports came through for all 3, and with his urgency to close on July 1st, and a promise I gave to him, I decided to move on quickly.
We informed Mr. Omar that with experience, so many investors work with up to 5 or more lenders, so we request him to pay the 3 points for the processing and closing, for my attorney to prepare closing paper works, deed and other necessary documents, and he paid.
Finally close to the date of closing, we requested him to send a proof, of his 10% deposit to the title company we are to close with, and also deposit the 30% Rehab for us to verify he has the funds. We created an Escrow account.
Mr. Omar, didn't and never sent a proof that he had the 10% Purchase Price in the Title company's account, and because of this, we couldn't verify anything. He went further to send a payment slip for the 30% Rehab which was not verified and funds where returned to him.
Do you expect to return funds to Mr. Omar? Who have to pay the attorney for his job? Please I need comments on this. I am very upset, and Mr. Omar may not realize the mistakes he has made. Thanks!
Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 399 posts · 260 votes
10y
@Raphael Kisel You are unbelievable. Who is your attorney? Where is your office? Who has met you? Even after I filed a complaint with the FBI you still have the audacity to post here. I truly wish you lived here in the US so I can come and discuss very personally with you. Heck just post a video talking right now to prove to this community you are who you say you are. You are a horrible human being and life will eventually catch up to you. If you're real, file a lawsuit I beg of you. All my information is public and available. I am a licensed agent and Army veteran of 16 years with a secret clearance. I have nothing to hide. But God help you if you're anywhere in the US. The law is looking for you.
Lender · Helotes, TX · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 0 votes
10y
You still didn't answer my questions. My dad Lazard Kisel registered Joinville Finance Inc, since 1985 and I took over in 2010. Here is our Tax ID: 32040687587 and we are consistent till date. Office is 8507 Espanola Dr, Helotes TX 75023. I am not here to impress or prove to anyone. I am just letting everyone know that, irrespective of the fact that we are all investors and connect on a website, we should respect each other. Thank you !
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
10y
@Omar Merced My recent experiences on BP tell me that trying to align with lenders on this website is very difficult as there are so many scammers on this site its not funny.
I had a lady call me last week and wanted to verify I had borrowed money from some lender in Texas.. As the lender used me as a reference that they had loaned me money.. So I think they just tag to people that post a bunch on BP.. to give credibility.. I never heard of the dude never did a loan with him etc.
I then yesterday posted a loan I was looking for ( which is rare for me) a 37% LTV first... I got 5 reply's from BP 3 for sure were scammers and 2 were what I consider real Private lenders... I ended up placing the loan before anyone on BP had a chance for it.. just ran it by my Agent in Charleston and they had me matched up in 3 hours..
One thing I will say about the crowd funders at least they are real.... the top brand ones.
Also I would wonder if this gentlemen making you the loan is actually licensed in NV>. NV is a very tough state to operate in.. this gentlemen would need a Nevada license and a brick and motar office to legally make you a loan.. if he does not have either of those I would file a complaint with the state of Nevada finance.. they WILL follow it UP.. I made one comment on BP for someone to act as an RMLO for me on a loan I wanted to give someone .. I got turned in by a lender on BP or they were trolling the site... I got a cease and desist letter and a nasty gram and had to file a affidavit that I had never done a loan in Nevada.
So if your lender is not licensed in NV and took your money.. He is in deep doo doo and you should file a complaint as stated above.. you can call me if you wish to discuss
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
10y
@Omar Merced I looked at the companies website... NO NMLS # there you have it brokering loans in Nevada without it is illegal.. ( as long as these were 1 to 4 units )
So you have federal laws and state laws.. and since the company took your money .
If I was the lender I think I would send you your dough back.. and send a letter to the state saying they were not aware of the licensing and it will never happen again. LOL Like I had to do
Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 399 posts · 260 votes
10y
@Jay Hinrichs Thanks man. Always wise. I would think filing with the FBI would be enough but apparently not. I'll contact them right now. What really bothers me now is that someone had to know and no one would post. We are a community trying to help each other out. Let's start. This is my gift for those that were talking to him.
Realtor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2015 · 64 posts · 22 votes
10y
Omar is right, this person is a scammer.
I have talked to the same person before, I recognized his voice and accent.
He used to be here on BP under the name of John (don't know the last name because account was closed). But I looked in my previous messages. His email was jnbfinancellc at aol. He said to be out of Nevada, but when I spoke to him on the phone it was clearly out of the country.
This Raphael guy called recently about a deal I was trying to fund, I recognized his voice right away and the same phone delay/echo.
You should be ashamed of yourself "Raphael", go get a real job!
@Omar Merced I looked at the companies website... NO NMLS # there you have it brokering loans in Nevada without it is illegal.. ( as long as these were 1 to 4 units )
So you have federal laws and state laws.. and since the company took your money .
If I was the lender I think I would send you your dough back.. and send a letter to the state saying they were not aware of the licensing and it will never happen again. LOL Like I had to do
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
10y
@Ludmila Hill just as an aside I can see why folks would gravitate to this company they are offering rates for HML in the 7s... this is just not market rate for Texas OR NV.. its market CA or 8 to 9%.. but for the rest of the country its too good to be true.. LOL
BP again is loaded with trollers and scammers .. anyone offering you money at rates that you think are a homerun you need to really be careful.. Money only goes to a National title co.. Not an Attorney.. period end of discussion.
@Omar Merced. I am a long time viewer of BP but never joined until now. I am local to San Antonio and felt compelled to reply, thus I created the account I should have long ago. Being a local here, after I left the Army, I have little patience for scammers. Now, I do not know the person you mentioned and this is not intended as liable or slander in any form. However, I have a car and gas. The address provided by the person you mentioned does not exist. The street address, 8507 Espanola Dr, Helotes TX 75023 literally does not exist. I drove by and there is an 8502 followed by and 8510. Where that address would be is an empty parcel of land. The address itself is not even valid through our local Bexar County Tax Assessor website (bcad.org). No results found. Perhaps that person typed his own office address. It is a residential area of houses. Either way, Good luck to you. Thanks for motivating me to finally join BP.
Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 399 posts · 260 votes
10y
@Account Closed Thank you. At least some good will come out of this. If anything for us to be more wary. I grew a little soft working with some real outstanding people here so this caught me off guard. Just a little reminder that there are always parasites in our world that serve no purpose. Trust me, if he was anywhere in the US I would find him.
Real Estate Investor · Torrance, CA · Member since 2015 · 186 posts · 45 votes
10y
@Omar Merced Was his application a one page sheet of paper that looked like it was made on word with 13 questions, didn't ask for a SSN, and asked for a signature at the bottom on a single dotted line?
Investor · Evans, GA · Member since 2015 · 190 posts · 103 votes
10y
Interestingly...the address listed on his website is 8607 Hispanola Drive, NOT 8507. On Google Earth, 8607 Hispanola Dr appears to be a house in a residential neighborhood. 8507 does appear to be only a vacant parcel.
Sorry for the problems you are running into. Bad stuff.
Real Estate Investor · Torrance, CA · Member since 2015 · 186 posts · 45 votes
10y
@Omar Merced There are a whole lot of people doing that. I had multiple people message me on Facebook, Linkedin all offering what appeared to be great financing deals. Made it sound like they would lend to you as long as you had a pulse. I asked them all to send me their applications and all of them were the same with just the name and email changed. Complete scam, all of them. I would love to post a picture of the application but I am not sure if that is allowed.
As a senior loan officer myself (Yes, NMLS and all) it kills me to see this because it is these guys that give us all such a bad name.
Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
10y
It's amazing what you can find out on the internet. Looks like the correct address for Joinville Finance Inc is actually 8607 Espanola Dr, Helotes, TX 78023. (Raphael had the street numbers and zip code wrong.) In any event, it's just a residential home:
According to the Bexar County (Texas) property tax records, it's owned by Lazaro & Sara Kisel:
Lazaro & Sara Kisel are also both listed on the registered company information as the Director and Secretary of the company:
Investor · San Marcos, TX · Member since 2015 · 272 posts · 360 votes
10y
I have a simple rule that works well in my W2 and real estate....
If I need something I will contact you. If you contact me first I will probably not do business with you.
This is not when people want to swap contact info. It is for people wanting to "sell" stuff. I suggest never doing business without referrals. No one that is good at what they do needs to solicit business from internet strangers. I have a pessimistic view that everyone that has not shaken my hand in person is a possible scammer. Paying monies upfront and out of country entities are the most obvious red flags.