How do I market/advertise my wholesale properties...

How do I market/advertise my wholesale properties...

Member since 2022 · 17 posts · 3 votes

I am new to wholesaling and I want to make sure I am doing things the legal and right way.  I keep seeing videos that advertising seller's homes online (FB, craigslist, etc) is illegal and can get you in trouble if you are not licensed so they recommend reaching out to cash end buyers directly.  Is this true?  I'd prefer to use social media platforms like facebook if that is an option.  If it is an option, what is the RIGHT way to advertise on social media?  

I plan to make a website so I guess that is another way I could possibly do it?

Thank you!

0Reply
48 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Greenville, SC · Member since 2021 · 210 posts · 142 votes
    4y

    You will want to check the specific laws for the state you are doing business in.  But for sure you want to make sure you are not marketing the house as for sale.  You would be marketing your contract you have with the seller as for sale.  It would be good to work on building your buyers list so you can just email them directly without having to put the contract online.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    Call every realtor in your area and send them deals. They went through the hard work of finding investors 

  • Wholesaler · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 264 posts · 212 votes
    4y

    If you have MLS access one of the best ways to find buyers is to look for investors who bought properties (in the last year) around that specific area. This way you go straight to the cash buyers who are active near the subject property.

    If you choose to market on bigger platforms don't forget that you are NOT marketing a house you are marketing to sell your 'equitable interest' in a deal you put together.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Alexandra Beard:

    I am new to wholesaling and I want to make sure I am doing things the legal and right way.  I keep seeing videos that advertising seller's homes online (FB, craigslist, etc) is illegal and can get you in trouble if you are not licensed so they recommend reaching out to cash end buyers directly.  Is this true?  I'd prefer to use social media platforms like facebook if that is an option.  If it is an option, what is the RIGHT way to advertise on social media?  

    I plan to make a website so I guess that is another way I could possibly do it?

    Thank you!


     In most states if you market wholesale deals you need a real estate license as they define that as a broker. What I have seen people do is use propstream to lookup cash buyers in the area and contact those who have bought cash recently. 

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Investor · Heber Springs, AR · Member since 2019 · 88 posts · 38 votes
    4y

    Alex, 

    Here are a few places where I have posted my deals lately and have had success.

    Arkansas Off-Market Properties Facebook page, Arkansas Real Estate Investors Facebook page and don't forget about Marketplace. I have assigned several deals from buyers on Marketplace. I hope this helps. You inspire me with all the action you are taking. Let's go!

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    Facebook and calling up investors. You can make it look as pretty as you want investors won’t care. Happy to share the template I use 

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Alexandra Beard:

    I am new to wholesaling and I want to make sure I am doing things the legal and right way.  I keep seeing videos that advertising seller's homes online (FB, craigslist, etc) is illegal and can get you in trouble if you are not licensed so they recommend reaching out to cash end buyers directly.  Is this true?  I'd prefer to use social media platforms like facebook if that is an option.  If it is an option, what is the RIGHT way to advertise on social media?  

    I plan to make a website so I guess that is another way I could possibly do it?

    Thank you!


     I believe every state has different rules on this. It is very important to make sure you have the buyer's consent before advertising in any way. I even like to get that in writing. Starting out I got a lot of my buyers through cold calling. If they were not willing to sell, I would ask if they wanted to be added to my buyer's list. I have a lot of great clients that I still work with today from doing that. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.