When times are hard and you need money IMMEDIATELY like right at that very moment and you have no where and no one else to turn to get that money, where do you get money to get you out of a bad situation? Wholesaling is said to be the way to get make fast cash. Is there truth to this? You don't have time to wait on a paycheck from a 9 to 5 two weeks from now. If not wholesaling, what other way is there to get money instantly when you have zero options available at that very moment? Huge debts are due now with no second chances to work out a payment agreement. Any options?
Well, Antonio, seems the 287 posts I've answered for you were in vein.
Stop stammering about an instant solution, there isn't one, if a creditor isn't chasing you with a ball bat just settle down and bear down.
You really like RE or is it that it seems RE is an easy solution to your financial problems? If you really want to work in RE....
Go to a large RE brokerage, walk in and tell them of your interest and that you really need immediate work. Offer to go pick up signs, set out signs, shovel snow off a walk for an open house, collect trash out of some yard just listed, what ever grunt work they might have for some money at the end of the day. Agents will usually have something, errands if nothing else. Some contractors are often around an office, clean up a construction site!
You know more about RE than most people off the street, so get around those in the business and let them know what you know in a tactful manner, you might display your knowledge by asking questions, you're good at that.
If there isn't anything, show up the next day and keep showing up until they break, they understand they can't get rid of you and they send you out on some work! Get there when they unlock the door and leave when it gets locked. Or, as much as you can with your other job.
You're burning up time on your computer and on this site when you need to be productive doing what you can do to provide for your family, I'd say that's more important than trying to pick our brains on how to make a million or two.
Talk to your creditors, do not avoid them, tell them the truth, if you don't have the money, tell them you intend to pay but don't make any promise you can't keep! They will be more reasonable if there is communication and you're being honest.
You're not making a dime sitting there posting, go to work!
Consider that a swift kick in the a$$. Settle down, it's not the end! :)
Its very, very, very likely that starting a job tomorrow, with the first paycheck two or three weeks from now, will get cash in your pocket far faster than wholesaling. Further that paycheck will show up on schedule where you may still be waiting for your first payday six months from now when wholesaling.
Ways to get cash quickly:
1) borrow it - credit cards, lines of credit, signature loan from a bank or credit union, friends, family, 401k loan
2) sell something
3) day labor
It's pretty risky but with proper planning you may be able to knock over a bank or jewelry store!
But seriously I feel the exact opposite where wholesaling is actually slow money. Its gonna definitely take time to learn, market and land your first deal. You're going to get a 9-5 check much quicker than a wholesale.
In my spare time I wholesale on a smaller scale. Electronics, computers and cell phones. It's pretty much the same exact idea except the deals are easier to find just smaller profits.
@Jon Holdman I mean no one and I mean no one and no where else to turn to get the money like now. That means no family, no friends, no more savings, and no credit cards to bail you out. Credit is destroyed completely. I mean no where else to turn to. Deadlines for repaying the debt is already way past due. There is nothing of value to sell. We talking debts up in the high thousands. You saying day labor is going to help that out instantly?
@Jon Klaus Nothing to pawn.
@Chris K. Nice try, but I'll pass on jail time. It's like Jon Holdman said. That 9 to 5 paycheck is not going to help bail you out at all for that very minute you need money the most, especially when you have a long wait period for that paycheck and a small paycheck at that.
Bankruptcy?
I'm saying day labor gets paid at the end of the day. If you need instant money, its one of the few options.
I'm not sure what "high thousands" means. But if you need ten grand tomorrow, and you have nothing of value and no source of borrowing than I'm afraid you're out of luck. Definitely a bad situation. Not one real estate can really help with, despite those late night TV ads.
Are you talking about "someone's going to come break your legs" type debt? If so, I guess in your position I would run and hide. If not, then if your credit is already wrecked and you have no assets to take then there's not much a creditor can really do to make matters worse, is there? Sorry.
You'll need money to wholesale. You have to find a property, then somebody to buy it. That isn't free. If it's a debt to a legitimate person or company. They really can't do much to you if you don't have it. If you owe it to somebody illegally. You're pretty much screwed. Time to leave wherever you are at.
What do you do or are you doing that you've got yourself into a crisis twice in one year that money is so important? It sounds like you have another issue at play. I've never in my life been in such a crisis that the world was ending if I couldn't come up with large sums of money, much less twice in 1 year. Sure I've needed to put tires on a car or pay a medical bill. I think you need to step back and take a look at where you are in life. Either downsize from your lifestyle, get a better job, I don't know you, so maybe I'm out of line. But it seems like a lot of crisis. I can see if you have a sick family member, that would make sense with a relapse a year later. But there are avenues to help you with that. Good luck.
@Brian Mathews This financial situation involves my folks more than me. I was more like the turn to person when help was needed the most. Luckily at that time I had just enough money stashed in my savings to get us through. I am looking for solutions to work on those of my own, but nothing as serious as losing a home. Only two people work in the house me and one of my parents while the other is on disability. The struggle really comes from keeping the bills paid on time so nothing gets shut off. That's where we are at now. The income from both of our jobs is barely enough to stay on top of paying those debts. My pops does side work on top of a 9 to 5. I work a full time job now and I am looking for other ways to make way more than my job pays. Like I said it all started with the question what I do if the income stop coming in on his end. My full-time job pays very little to support all of us and pay off my own debts altogether. That's why I have been on a search to find a solution that will fix this problem at a faster pace rather than drag this on for years and years.
@Josh R. As for me not knowing wholesaling is not an option for immediate cash. I hear a lot of different stories about that. One side say it's not an option for immediate cash and the other side says it is a way to make quick cash. I'm only going by what I hear from both sides. Either it is or it's not.
The only people claiming wholesaling is a quick way to make money are people selling courses, bootcamps and mentorships. They're selling a dream to suckers. If you pull enough suckers into your scam you will eventually have a few that actually have some success. You use those as examples to bait the next round of suckers. Don't be a sucker.
So, I will say without any hesitation that wholesaling is not a quick and easy way to generate big paychecks.
It is a JOB. I love how these gurus denigrate people for having a J.O.B. and at the same time want them to pay to be taught another job. A hard job. A job that requires a bunch of different skills. A commissioned sales job that requires a significant investment of time and money yet may never produce one single paycheck.
Had you, a year ago when your problems seem to have started, started investing the time and money into wholesaling, you might now be collecting paychecks. If you start doing that now, you might be getting a paycheck a year or six months from now. No guarantees. Its a difficult job. If you have zero cash to invest it will be very difficult, because marketing requires cash and marketing is key to doing this job.
Is it the right job for you? I have no idea. Gurus like it because it seems like it would be really easy. So its easy for them to sell their courses. But it is just one of many, many job choices. Maybe its a good choice for you, maybe not. Maybe you should sign up for a real estate agent course, take the test, get a license and hang up your license with some local broker. This too will require an investment of time and money. It is effectively the same job as wholesaling.
Maybe you need to do something completely different. There are numerous jobs where you can go to school for a fairly short time and get some sort of certification or license and get out of the minimum wage bracket. Google "vocational schools" in your area and see what courses they offer. That will at least give you some idea. Look at help wanted ads in your area and see what employers are looking for. Then investigate what you would need to do to qualify for those jobs. Have a look at "What Color is Your Parachute", which is a book about trying to figure out what sort of job is a fit for you. I don't know anything about you, your background or your skills, but I would hazard a guess there are numerous other jobs that are a better fit than wholesaling.
I also found the book "Total Money Makeover" to be useful for getting a better overall view of my financial picture. I won't claim to be at the position I should be. But it will help you evaluate everything that's going on in your life and help you make better choices.
To go back to your "how can I get ten grand (or whatever) right now" question. My answer is, given what you've said, you cannot. But if you make an effort to improve your job prospects now you at least have a shot at being in a better position a year from now. If you don't, you'll be asking this same question a year from now.
Well, Antonio, seems the 287 posts I've answered for you were in vein.
Stop stammering about an instant solution, there isn't one, if a creditor isn't chasing you with a ball bat just settle down and bear down.
You really like RE or is it that it seems RE is an easy solution to your financial problems? If you really want to work in RE....
Go to a large RE brokerage, walk in and tell them of your interest and that you really need immediate work. Offer to go pick up signs, set out signs, shovel snow off a walk for an open house, collect trash out of some yard just listed, what ever grunt work they might have for some money at the end of the day. Agents will usually have something, errands if nothing else. Some contractors are often around an office, clean up a construction site!
You know more about RE than most people off the street, so get around those in the business and let them know what you know in a tactful manner, you might display your knowledge by asking questions, you're good at that.
If there isn't anything, show up the next day and keep showing up until they break, they understand they can't get rid of you and they send you out on some work! Get there when they unlock the door and leave when it gets locked. Or, as much as you can with your other job.
You're burning up time on your computer and on this site when you need to be productive doing what you can do to provide for your family, I'd say that's more important than trying to pick our brains on how to make a million or two.
Talk to your creditors, do not avoid them, tell them the truth, if you don't have the money, tell them you intend to pay but don't make any promise you can't keep! They will be more reasonable if there is communication and you're being honest.
You're not making a dime sitting there posting, go to work!
Consider that a swift kick in the a$$. Settle down, it's not the end! :)
How old are you? What do you do for a living and how much do you make? You're are helping out your parents and that's very noble. It sounds like you're scared. I've been there myself. The first thing you need to do is breathe and get organized. Pay for food, utilities, housing, transportation first. Screw the credit cards or loans for now, you can come back to them. Look at where you live. How can you cut living expenses? You don't need cable. You need to invest in yourself. And it's good you are looking at ways to do that by coming on here. But the first thing you need to understand is that there is not a get rich quick scheme out there. If there was, we'd all be doing it. Everything legal takes work or winning the lottery. How can you improve your value in the workforce or what can you do?
Go to a large RE brokerage, walk in and tell them of your interest and that you really need immediate work. Offer to go pick up signs, set out signs, shovel snow off a walk for an open house, collect trash out of some yard just listed, what ever grunt work they might have for some money at the end of the day. Agents will usually have something, errands if nothing else. Some contractors are often around an office, clean up a construction site!
You know more about RE than most people off the street, so get around those in the business and let them know what you know in a tactful manner, you might display your knowledge by asking questions, you're good at that.
If there isn't anything, show up the next day and keep showing up until they break, they understand they can't get rid of you and they send you out on some work! Get there when they unlock the door and leave when it gets locked. Or, as much as you can with your other job.
You're burning up time on your computer and on this site when you need to be productive doing what you can do to provide for your family, I'd say that's more important than trying to pick our brains on how to make a million or two.
Talk to your creditors, do not avoid them, tell them the truth, if you don't have the money, tell them you intend to pay but don't make any promise you can't keep! They will be more reasonable if there is communication and you're being honest.
You're not making a dime sitting there posting, go to work!
Consider that a swift kick in the a$. Settle down, it's not the end! :)
There are more people on BP that need to read this than @Antonio Bodley , maybe 5% of the 150,000 that thinks REI is QUICK, FAST and EASY.
Well done, Papa Gulley! And happy new year to all.
I have been waiting for someone to post the magic pill formula for instant bundles of cash. As I thought, it doesn't exist. @Antonio Bodley I don't know the full context of your crisis and how you got there but sometimes very hard choices just have to be made. I mean choices like the bare necessity of food, water and shelter and everything else goes (creditors just wont get paid at this time). Sometimes you even have to let people go (not saying you should dump your parents and run) but if it is people that are keeping you from achieving your dreams (and keeping you crisis mode) you have to consider letting them carry their own burden of making it on their own (that includes parents, siblings, wives, husbands, and kids, etc.).
As others have suggested, a job with higher paying wages is the only real solution unless you are going to got he illegal route (it sounds like you and the other working member of the house need at least two jobs). I would investigate every possible federal, state, and local social service and benefit program that you or your parents might qualify for. Don't let pride get in the way. You paid for those benefits too.
I have been trying to get a better job for the longest. You have no idea.
If your debt is that high and you don't have any solution to paying it down maybe consider BK to get a fresh start. From there you have 3 incomes. 1 disability and 2 employed adults. Then create a functional budget based on the 3 incomes and stick to it so you don't find yourself in the same situation next year.
How old are you? What do you do for a living and how much do you make? You're are helping out your parents and that's very noble. It sounds like you're scared. I've been there myself. The first thing you need to do is breathe and get organized. Pay for food, utilities, housing, transportation first. Screw the credit cards or loans for now, you can come back to them. Look at where you live. How can you cut living expenses? You don't need cable. You need to invest in yourself. And it's good you are looking at ways to do that by coming on here. But the first thing you need to understand is that there is not a get rich quick scheme out there. If there was, we'd all be doing it. Everything legal takes work or winning the lottery. How can you improve your value in the workforce or what can you do?
I pay for the things I need. I give a little from my paycheck to help out because I was told to do it as long as I am living under someone else's roof. I wish I could get my own place, but I need a higher salary job. I already have a down payment. I just need something that pays a whole lot more and it is steady. That I am looking for every day. Whatever solutions I can come up with is what I look at to get out of the hole I am in. I'm not worried so much about credit card debt. Student loan debts are my biggest obstacles. I tried to cut cable once, but that didn't work out. If you so much as thinking about me taking more classes to gain some valuable skills, that did not work. I was doing that years ago and almost finished until I had to make a hard choice to quit my full-time job at that time or quit school. I didn't want to quit either one, but I had to make a choice to quit one and it was school. My full time job and my class schedules were not working together. Then financial aid was not helping enough for my tuition, so I quit going. What do I do for a living and how much do I make? I am a stock associate/cart associate at Walmart? Pay is less than $12/hr.
As others have suggested, a job with higher paying wages is the only real solution unless you are going to got he illegal route (it sounds like you and the other working member of the house need at least two jobs). I would investigate every possible federal, state, and local social service and benefit program that you or your parents might qualify for. Don't let pride get in the way. You paid for those benefits too.
Something with higher wages is what I have been wanting for a long while. It's always an issue. Either I am under qualified for a job. I am over qualified for a job. Hiring is too slow. Job interviews I have been to were a joke. That right there is my biggest road block. Things like that have been messing me up for a long time.
I have no problem getting a second job. Right now I have issues with my current job that will not allow time for me to work two jobs at once. Management do what ever they want to do and working out a set schedule that will let me work two jobs is not something they will follow through with.
BK?
Bankruptcy
I pay for the things I need. I give a little from my paycheck to help out because I was told to do it as long as I am living under someone else's roof. I wish I could get my own place, but I need a higher salary job. I already have a down payment. I just need something that pays a whole lot more and it is steady. That I am looking for every day. Whatever solutions I can come up with is what I look at to get out of the hole I am in. I'm not worried so much about credit card debt. Student loan debts are my biggest obstacles. I tried to cut cable once, but that didn't work out. If you so much as thinking about me taking more classes to gain some valuable skills, that did not work. I was doing that years ago and almost finished until I had to make a hard choice to quit my full-time job at that time or quit school. I didn't want to quit either one, but I had to make a choice to quit one and it was school. My full time job and my class schedules were not working together. Then financial aid was not helping enough for my tuition, so I quit going. What do I do for a living and how much do I make? I am a stock associate/cart associate at Walmart? Pay is less than $12/hr.
All I hear in this is excuses. I tried to cut cable but that didn't work out. Its simple, just don't do it. Watching tv is more important to you than making money. How about reading a motivational book instead of watching tv? You tried school and that didn't work out. It's because you didn't make it work out. Get another job. WalMart isn't anything. I could make more money by mowing lawns that they pay and have my own time to do other things. Do you think wholesaling and your job are going to match up perfectly? Heck no. I don't buy it. You're making excuses because its out of your comfort zone. As long as you stay in it, you'll be what you are right now. I did the school route years ago to get out of what I was doing. I was doing fairly well at it as well. I just got tired of moving all the time. I went back to school to learn hvac. I worked nights 10p-8a. Usually later than 8am, because I was shift supervisor and my boss wanted me to wait around for him to tell him of what happened the night before. I came home, studied and slept. I got up at 3p to go to night school from 5p-9p. I would drive back to work and do it all over again. I did it for 11 months. It sucked. I'm not asking for an attaboy or anything else. I didn't do it for that, I did it for me, because I was fed up with what I was doing. I now own my own company and make more money than I did before. If you want something bad enough, you'll do it. If not, then you don't want it bad enough